Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
cabernathy351
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Just caught up with about 6 pages of this forum and quickly remembered why I haven't been on here in a while. :hanging:
cabernathy351
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Just caught up with about 6 pages of this forum and quickly remembered why I haven't been on here in a while. :hanging:
Gonna go listen to some vinyls and enjoy my not as good as they used to be Mondo posters. :roll:
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:22 pm

cutterbutter wrote:Site down? Was finally getting around to buying a Baron Munch Soto :drool:
Well, whatever was going on was REALLY happy to order one finally this morning... Soto said he's been sitting on the design waiting for Mondo to release it for TWO years! I'm please as punch with this release for Munchausen, really beautiful image for a fantastic film :o I hope the Gilliam stuff continues. A little disheartened they didn't make any sort of announcement for it but it wouldn't be Gilliam if it wasn't a middle-of-the-road reaction...
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Did anyone get an impression on what was left of the Shaun of the Dead variants?
CrazyBread
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:29 pm

So....here's the New Beverly schedule for October:

*** F5 Crew ***
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:24 pm

oh goodness.

the craziness begins.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
pisker
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:28 pm

If only you could pre-order tickets...
My Noob Confession: I used to actually type out "Drymount"
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:35 pm

How did it work last time? Was it just a regular priced ticket then you had the option of buying the poster, or was it a poster ticket bundle?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:58 pm

35mmpaul wrote:How did it work last time? Was it just a regular priced ticket then you had the option of buying the poster, or was it a poster ticket bundle?
I'm almost positive Reservoir Dogs ran for 2 days and Mondo tweeted out randomly on the second day. Pretty sure the shows were sold out anyway because of the Q&A. They did the same with The Thing, Tweeted it out randomly and it sold out pretty fast, mostly because it was already close to being a sold out show to begin with.
In any case, They usually have a booth outside or by the lobby though and don't check ticket stubs so you can probably just get there when the show is over and line up.

IF they're even planning on doing a poster release at new bev. With Tarantino at the helm, I'm not holding my breath on him letting it happen. I wouldn't even bet on him allowing online ticketing anymore.

Cool line up though.
egrimens
Art Expert

Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:00 am

phantomforce wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:How did it work last time? Was it just a regular priced ticket then you had the option of buying the poster, or was it a poster ticket bundle?
I'm almost positive Reservoir Dogs ran for 2 days and Mondo tweeted out randomly on the second day. Pretty sure the shows were sold out anyway because of the Q&A. They did the same with The Thing, Tweeted it out randomly and it sold out pretty fast, mostly because it was already close to being a sold out show to begin with.
In any case, They usually have a booth outside or by the lobby though and don't check ticket stubs so you can probably just get there when the show is over and line up.

IF they're even planning on doing a poster release at new bev. With Tarantino at the helm, I'm not holding my breath on him letting it happen. I wouldn't even bet on him allowing online ticketing anymore.

Cool line up though.
I hope they keep online ticketing, definitely want to check out a screening, regardless of a possible poster, but being 45-90 min away (depending on traffic) would be tricky to get tickets otherwise.
CrazyBread
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:46 am

They had the Ken Taylor Halloween at the New Beverly and I think you had three options. There was a regular ticket, a ticket that included the regular poster, and another ticket that included both regular and variant plus a chance to meet John Carpenter about 30 minutes before doors opened. Online ticket purchasing was available for that one. They didn't sell out quick but once the poster reveal happened, tickets went fast.
*** F5 Crew ***
bigdz68
EB Team

Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:43 am

NOt poster related but if any of you are looking for the Mondo test press I have one for trade.
Its Mondo-023 Visitor. I already own the variant so I would be willing to trade for another test press or anything mondo related.
Peace
bigdz68@mac.com
farva2
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:23 pm

With resi dogs you just bought the ticket online then paid for the print in person but like paul was saying, people were just strolling in from the street once the screening was over and buying prints.
mistersmith wrote: (an unlicensed Bad Boys 2 poster is probably the least essential use I can think of for a piece of paper. At least if you wipe your ass with some paper you will have cleaned up a mess).
SlowlyTyped
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:32 pm

phantomforce wrote:With Tarantino at the helm, I'm not holding my breath on him letting it happen. I wouldn't even bet on him allowing online ticketing anymore.
There are already a limited amount of tickets online for the Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice/Blume in Love shows next week on the 1st and 2nd.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:42 pm

The New Bev is totes played out. Come up w/ something new.