Grey Matter Art Appreciation & Release Thread

General art-related discussion.
matt925
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:25 pm

If you guys could team with gabz on an in the mood for love print, that would make my day for sure.
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Just an update:

So, I am sure by now most of you know that our website has not been working to the potential that we had intended. Over the past month we have been slowly migrating to an eCommerce site that should maintain the type of traffic that we have been receiving. I believe with the necessary steps that we have taken, it will finally work to ours, and more importantly your standards.

So what this means, is that anyone who had initially created an account with us, will unfortunately have to make another one. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I believe with this change, we will finally have the site that we intended from the beginning.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact us on our website.
Thank you for your understanding,

GMA
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:28 pm

matt925 wrote:If you guys could team with gabz on an in the mood for love print, that would make my day for sure.
This x1000.

Great job as always guys. Any deets on the prints in terms of differences between the reg/var, or it's just a different colorway? Can't wait for the drop on this (even if this is a piss-poor time for me to attempt a drop at work :P ).
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Lightagami
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:13 pm

Nice job GMA. I dig both versions. Hope you guys continue to collab with Gabz.
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Just go ahead and open up a David lunch licensed subscription series. And then take my money!
Top ISO: John Waters Marathon 07 by Little Friends of Printmaking
Danny4342
Art Expert

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Another outstanding print guys, you guys really have a great eye for pairing artist and property. Hopefully this turns into a series!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
micktheant
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:51 am

On the Grey Matter website, the cowboy has hair in the reg edition. On the post here, he doesn't -- Do you know if the final versions will have hair or not? I kind of like it more with hair...

Also, I'll be moving end of October-- do we know when these prints will be shipped out? Should I not have it sent to my current address?
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:01 am

micktheant wrote:On the Grey Matter website, the cowboy has hair in the reg edition. On the post here, he doesn't -- Do you know if the final versions will have hair or not? I kind of like it more with hair...

Also, I'll be moving end of October-- do we know when these prints will be shipped out? Should I not have it sent to my current address?
Hey, thanks for noticing, the images that are being printed have no hair. That was an older image, I just changed it. Thanks for the heads up.

We should have these shipped by then, if for some reason you move and you don't have them in hand, just let us know and we can ship to a different address.
micktheant
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:08 am

Also I think Gabz used an online image search for "Mullholland Drive" instead of searching through the actual movie!!!! if you do an image search for "Mullholland Drive", all of the characters show up in their exact poses from the poster haha.
Still love the print and am going to get it, but I just thought it was funny that basically EVERY image from the poster showed up when I did a simple image search for "Mullholland Drive"

Image ImageImage
Image ImageImage
ColeParks
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:59 am

Hahaha ^

I have never seen the movie, so I am going to check it out this weekend. I really love the print though!
micktheant
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:17 am

Will there be any detail shots released before the sale? Would love to see how the metallics look!
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:25 pm

micktheant wrote:Will there be any detail shots released before the sale? Would love to see how the metallics look!
Not sure if we will get them up in time. But there will be much metallic goodness.
micktheant
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:14 am

lordhelmet wrote:
micktheant wrote:Will there be any detail shots released before the sale? Would love to see how the metallics look!
Not sure if we will get them up in time. But there will be much metallic goodness.
And both versions have metallics, correct?
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:22 am

micktheant wrote:
lordhelmet wrote:
Yes, both versions will have metallics.
micktheant
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:35 am

lordhelmet wrote:
micktheant wrote:
lordhelmet wrote:
Yes, both versions will have metallics.
Thanks!! Excited!