Mike Mitchell's Thread of Amazing Things

General art-related discussion.
binky79
Art Expert

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
morbidaj wrote:When I picked out a super dicks set he mentioned there were different included characters .. Who would that be.. Ronald R?
RR was randomly inserted with the other four Dicks.
6 all together. Mine had 5 (Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Hussein, Kim Jong Il) with no Reagan. If you got a Reagan, were you missing one of the others?
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Symposium wrote:No love for blue man Tobias from AD? Even mike doesn't list him!
Thanks man, I knew there was one. I'm gonna retool the super listings in the database so that the complete sets can be listed for all of them instead of individuals in as many places as possible.

I have the 72 in the list and have decide to call it quits. The dictators aren't really my thing and look too samey. The artist ones don't interest me outside of mondocon (extremely jealous of the guy who got them all signed, that's how you do it) and would just be a reminder of what I missed out on that weekend by not attending.

It's been a lot of fun collecting them all, a lot of different exchanges and messages with friends, going to events, trading with my girlfriend who won a lottery at her first gallery show, and even a late night Stone IPA delivery to the sidewalk of Melrose. But 72 is divisible by 12 and Mike had scared me mentioning he wants to do 200-300 :lol:

I'll probably get another here and there if they are favorite characters but yeah gotta call it somewhere. /coolstorybro
isunktheship
Art Expert

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Mike, if you read this.. thanks for working with Dan to get Pulp Fiction going, it's godly, and I can't wait for it to show up at my doorstep.

Long live the PPCC
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
LowkeyJD
Art Enthusiast

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:27 pm

descendo wrote:Speaking of, if anyone gets a Reagan super and doesn't feel immediately attached to it, PM me. I'd be glad to work something out.
Same here. It is the only one I'm missing.
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:08 pm

would love to see pics of the mondo artist series

great minds clearly think alike as this is an extract from a PM I sent him about a week ago
I was just thinking it would be great to see a small set of portraits/JLUs of the main mondo artists for mondocon or similar (probably a bit late for this time around though) - you, Olly, TStout, Ansin and KT (both of them) - the main reason I say this was just imagining a JLU of Horkey with a large bird helmet on covered in red string!
:wink: sadly I cant claim "OMG you stole my idea" as the PM is still sat unread in my outbox :(
mrwak
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Can't find the Red-winged blackbird in the database but I'm pretty sure I saw it on the homepage a few days back... am I just tired?
finneganm wrote: Come see Al lien on Blurgday, Januanerrry 28nd! In spaces some people can smell you yelling.
MoviePosterEmpire

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:21 pm

mrwak wrote:Can't find the Red-winged blackbird in the database but I'm pretty sure I saw it on the homepage a few days back... am I just tired?
I don't think anything but Hitler and the portrait are added right now.
ELSEGUND0666
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:33 pm

My buddy was 4th in line at Mikes Booth on Sat and picked me up the first set of Super Dicks. It had a Reagan in it with a run size of 30
mrwak
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:39 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:I don't think anything but Hitler and the portrait are added right now.
Cool, I just added it - hope I didn't forget anything.
finneganm wrote: Come see Al lien on Blurgday, Januanerrry 28nd! In spaces some people can smell you yelling.
morbidaj
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:42 pm

binky79 wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
morbidaj wrote:When I picked out a super dicks set he mentioned there were different included characters .. Who would that be.. Ronald R?
RR was randomly inserted with the other four Dicks.
6 all together. Mine had 5 (Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Hussein, Kim Jong Il) with no Reagan. If you got a Reagan, were you missing one of the others?
I got 6 including Reagan
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:49 pm

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot to post this :shock: . While EB was broken again, I had some time last weekend to look through some photos on FB from my friend's trip to Japan. I'm not sure what this is, but it looks like a "butt baby" to me :lol: :
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 am

That's too weird for me to even joke about being ISO.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:40 am

That's like somebody did a Boxing Helena on a robot. :shock:
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Will we have to wait till black Friday for left overs?
infrared90s
Art Expert

Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:21 pm

hope not but likely with it being only 2 months away-ish.

did mike sell all his AP marvel portraits at mondo-con?