Black Keys Philadelphia 14 Sperry Release Discussion 09/21/1

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
automator
Nobody

Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:29 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Black Keys Philadelphia 14 Sperry - Gold Opal

thescofieldkid
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Now I see why I didn't get a shot at Hunter's BK yesterday. The poster deities wanted me to have this one instead. Can't argue w/dem fates.

Stunning as always, go Squirt go! :clap:
Collect them all. Before you Die®
mafurman
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Does anyone know how the Keys sell posters at their shows? Is it just a free for all to get to the merch stand when doors open? Multiple stands or just one? Outside merch? Anything like that would be helpful as I decide if this is going to be possible since I have a family event in the afternoon in North Jersey.
xangelx
Art Expert

Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:57 pm

mafurman wrote:Does anyone know how the Keys sell posters at their shows? Is it just a free for all to get to the merch stand when doors open? Multiple stands or just one? Outside merch? Anything like that would be helpful as I decide if this is going to be possible since I have a family event in the afternoon in North Jersey.
Multiple stands, inside only, doors at 7. Good luck.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
FroDawg
Art Expert

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:06 pm

xangelx wrote:
mafurman wrote:Does anyone know how the Keys sell posters at their shows? Is it just a free for all to get to the merch stand when doors open? Multiple stands or just one? Outside merch? Anything like that would be helpful as I decide if this is going to be possible since I have a family event in the afternoon in North Jersey.
Very kind of you to provide direction Angel.

Yes, EXPECT a free-for-all, fudge-show and a bunch hired-thugs to compete for your spot in the line. Send pix when you score!
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
upseeker
Art Expert

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Love this as companion to Iowa. A pb would be fantastic! Sunday is busy. :oops:
Cheese318
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:37 am

What will the variant pricing be for this run? $100-$200?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:24 am

FroDawg wrote:
xangelx wrote:
Very kind of you to provide direction Angel.
He's their merch dude. Wants that fudge sold.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
hellosir
Art Freak

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:04 am

I'll be going for this
posters1986
Art Enthusiast

Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:18 am

If I'm going to the show do you think I just need to be one of the first in and get to merch stand and should be able to score one?
FreeTheWestMemphis3
Art Expert

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:03 am

No outside merch booth huh?

Nothing like lugging a poster with you throughout the whole show. :roll:
ErocAfellar wrote:Repubs don't want to cut government spending. They just want to cut government spending on things they don't agree with.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:12 am

FreeTheWestMemphis3 wrote:No outside merch booth huh?

Nothing like lugging a poster with you throughout the whole show. :roll:
Take a thick-wall tube with you. Fashion a simple shoulder strap by tripling up string and punching a little hole in each end cap, pushing the string thru and knotting. Throw in some Kraft paper. And you've got something you can carry over your shoulder and since you'll be standing most of the time, it'll be by your side...even in the pisser! Oh, and if there's room for 2... :D

Have fun. Enjoy the art--on paper and on stage.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
mkecasey
Art Expert

Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:02 am

I have a friend who is not in tune to this hobby going to the show and she is going to try and pick one up for me. Couple of questions...

1. I know they provide tubes, but are the tubes sturdy enough for her to ship it to me? Or would I be better off sending her an empty tube to mail it back to me with?

2. I'm assuming they won't roll it for her, right? That's probably not going to end well
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:12 am

posters1986 wrote:If I'm going to the show do you think I just need to be one of the first in and get to merch stand and should be able to score one?
Man, this movie poster crap has gotten embarrassing... People forgot how to buy a drymounting gig poster?
Wtf?
partpat
Art Freak

Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:14 am

turnJBup wrote:
posters1986 wrote:If I'm going to the show do you think I just need to be one of the first in and get to merch stand and should be able to score one?
Man, this movie poster crap has gotten embarrassing... People forgot how to buy a drymounting gig poster?

Wtf?

to be fair most probably had never bought a gig poster either :lol: