Mike Mitchell's Thread of Amazing Things

General art-related discussion.
ryanfromindiana
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Rebafeind wrote:
ryanfromindiana wrote:
Rebafeind wrote:
charter wrote:You should start a support group for the victims of MM and EB.

I am talking about the Holocaust, i have actually no clue what you're talking about.

other than accusing me of dick measuring over holocaust survivors.

poor form dude.
Not really....you don't like Mike Mitchell, which is fine. You didn't say fudge about Stout, Kozik, Jermaine, Print Mafia, Mel Brooks or anyone else that has may portray Hitler though. You also assume noone else here has been affected by the holocaust, and everyone should act a certain way about it. You might find alot of the comedy about it comes from the people that were affected most by it. I guess this would be alot more offensive if it wasn't called Super Dicks and maybe raised money for neo nazis.

Let me speak to your example.

IB by stout, i do not take offence to images of Nazi flags or an image of Hitler. These things are real existing things. Both Hitler and the Nazi party existed. I am not offended by history or images such from it.

What does offend me however is how Hitler is being portrayed in a positive manner, as a super hero.

Also as far as people affected the most making light of it, i have never in my 30+ years of living scene any survivor make light or jokes about the Holocaust.
I assure you, you are barking up the wrong tree. I have talked to survivors and they were some of the funniest people I knew. They were profoundly affected by it, but definitely would crack a joke - often uncomfortably to those around them. I am just not easily offended by most things...maybe it's because of them. Again if it had some big pro-nazi message, probably...but not calling them dicks lol. I find the Scheidly's much more offensive because he is so pretty in them!
I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to.
whl10
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:42 pm

charter wrote:
charter wrote:Lets all compare dick sizes of whose ancestors were affected most by historical tragedies.
We are comparing over pm now if anyone is interested (really, I got a pm). No shark attack victims though...that's your fault. Plus there's way too much shark art.
can you see where he stands on rwanda, chechnya, bosnia and central africa as a whole?
MoviePosterEmpire

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:43 pm

skullyland wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:Why is Hitler the only one of the Super Dicks that you guys are PMSing over?
You have 0 compassion. I honestly feel bad for people like you. I'm so sorry.
The point is, why are you focusing only on the Hitler one and not Sadaam, Kim-Jong Il, etc? My statement has more compassion in it that your first glance. Read things.
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:46 pm

whl10 wrote:
charter wrote:
charter wrote:Lets all compare dick sizes of whose ancestors were affected most by historical tragedies.
We are comparing over pm now if anyone is interested (really, I got a pm). No shark attack victims though...that's your fault. Plus there's way too much shark art.
can you see where he stands on rwanda, chechnya, bosnia and central africa as a whole?
"It's different"
"I am not familiar with the facts of those events"
"We're not debating those events right now, we're talking about the Holocaust"
"I can't believe you would compare the two. I know nothing about those events but I know they don't matter as much"

Suspect he'd respond with one of those.
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:47 pm

"I assure you, you are barking up the wrong tree. I have talked to survivors and they were some of the funniest people I knew. They were profoundly affected by it, but definitely would crack a joke - often uncomfortably to those around them. I am just not easily offended by most things...maybe it's because of them. Again if it had some big pro-nazi message, probably...but not calling them dicks lol. I find the Scheidly's much more offensive because he is so pretty in them!"

i can assure you that you're barking up the wrong tree.
I have talked to survivors and their families, including my own and no one makes light of the situation, not 1.

There is a very large jewish population where i live (toronto) and it gives me a chance (as does being jewish) to speak to a large number that is affected. I have found the exact opposite of what you claim, i can't say that 90+ year old men and the funniest people i know, nor can i tell you that they cracked any type of jokes about the Holocaust.

Mind you, i have maybe only spoken to 30 actual survivors or so, but have spoken to many, many families who lost people in the Holocaust.
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:47 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
skullyland wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:Why is Hitler the only one of the Super Dicks that you guys are PMSing over?
You have 0 compassion. I honestly feel bad for people like you. I'm so sorry.
The point is, why are you focusing only on the Hitler one and not Sadaam, Kim-Jong Il, etc? My statement has more compassion in it that your first glance. Read things.
the hilter one was released first.. take the rest of them and apply the same arguments. Every MM print i own is now up for sale, i'll never support that dickhead again.
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:48 pm

whl10 wrote:
charter wrote:
we spoke about a different type of atrocity and i said that it is awful, just like the holocaust.

all murdering and mistreating is awful.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:51 pm

zefarrett wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
finneganm wrote:
Particle wrote:Mike Mitchell made the super for exactly this reason. He has won. You have been defeated.

Mike Mitchell: 1
Jews: 0
This is more offensive than the silly Super.
It should be EB instead of Jews.
Looks like he wasn't hacked. Phew!
Particle wrote: Are you guys serious?

You know I basically just said exactly what you've all been saying. Mike Mitchell did this to stir fudge.

You can call something a troll. Doesn't actually make it a troll.
It's a shame that all the arguments you were trying to make just became null and void. Took one post to confirm that you just dont get it. Thanks for playing!
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
whl10
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:53 pm

im still dumbfounded by the support reagan got several pages back
charter
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Rebafeind wrote:
charter wrote:

I PM'd you explaining my thought process rather than doing this (like you want) on the forum, sorry for trying to make sense of your silly comments.
Everyone is affected by tragedy in one way or another. No one is more important than anyone else. If you think otherwise then you are a terrible human being. Making lampooning Hitler art to sell is silly. Being offended by art calling Hitler a dick but not being offended by other art such as a movie doing the exact same thing is the epitome of dumb. It's called SUPER DICKS for a reason. I'm out until the mouth foaming stops.
maden
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:57 pm

I am still dumbfounded people buy these things.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

BavarianErin
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:01 pm

I do not interpret the art to be Mike trying to show Hitler as a hero. At all. I interpret it to be how Hitler saw himself, as a heroic figure that was doing something good. He was a megalomaniac, and although photos and video show him to be actually scrawny looking, perhaps he saw himself as a larger-than-life figure.

I try to focus on my interpretation and not assumptions.
ImageImage
Rebafeind
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:02 pm

the name of the piece is meaningless.

it is how the character is portrayed.

Also i don't believe anyone in this thread (at least since i have been reading it) said the holocaust and the loss of those 11 million people are the most important 11 million people in the world, you yourself projected that thought onto yourself...unless you can please identify where anyone made such a stupid statement.

murder is terrible in all forms, who would argue that?

We are talking about the holocaust because of the Hitler image, should we talk about the 9/11 attack on the US instead? or maybe Africa as someone else was curious about?
I am sorry you felt like it was a dick measuring contest, clearly it wasn't, try not to project your beliefs on me, just like how i said many pages ago i wasn't trying to push my beliefs on you.

edit: you being (finn) in this case, i meant you like anyone who is upset that others are upset
Last edited by Rebafeind on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:03 pm

BavarianErin wrote:I do not interpret the art to be Mike trying to show Hitler as a hero. At all. I interpret it to be how Hitler saw himself, as a heroic figure that was doing something good. He was a megalomaniac, and although photos and video show him to be actually scrawny looking, perhaps he saw himself as a larger-than-life figure.

I try to focus on my interpretation and not assumptions.

This is the smartest thing said so far.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:03 pm

maden wrote:I am still dumbfounded people buy these things.
The most shocking part of this whole convo by far.