Olly Moss gets his own thread

General art-related discussion.
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:04 pm

apostle2 wrote:So, I ordered two blind GoT 5x5s that came in yesterday afternoon. I love the look and his style on these, but I have a little bit of a problem with the characters. I was hoping to get two characters who were linked in some way for presentation, and I figured that, with GoT being the type of interwoven property it is, this would almost be a sure thing. Well, I opened them and I got two characters who have pretty much no connection whatsoever - Robert Baratheon and Brienne of Tarth (yes, I know the tenuous Renly connection.) I'm not complaining, I know it would be impossible with the number of prints to match every blind box order. BUT, I was just wondering if anyone else was in a similar boat and was interested in trading to create a better matched pair.

Nope. They're all random. Just like all of Olly's blind box sets. I think at one point he mentioned on twitter trying to arrange them into smaller sets, but I'm sure that would have been a pain in the balls for the printer.

I got Bronn and Vaerys. It would be fun to getting some trading going on with these though. I really want a Hodor.
charter
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Random means random.
jkw3000
EB Team

Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Yeah, "trying" to match goes out the window when you've got 25k of those.
charter wrote:Random means random.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
DidYouSeeMeEscaping
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:28 pm

Awesome wrote:maybe all the tyrion's have that problem.
nope, got one as one of my random draws, no mark on the front or back
soma
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:38 pm

one time someone told me about this website where people could trade prints with other collectors. can't remember the name.... :P
Static Medium Print & Photo - reproducing your favorite art since 2006.
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Craigslist
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:09 pm

apostle2 wrote:So, I ordered two blind GoT 5x5s that came in yesterday afternoon. I love the look and his style on these, but I have a little bit of a problem with the characters. I was hoping to get two characters who were linked in some way for presentation, and I figured that, with GoT being the type of interwoven property it is, this would almost be a sure thing. Well, I opened them and I got two characters who have pretty much no connection whatsoever - Robert Baratheon and Brienne of Tarth (yes, I know the tenuous Renly connection.) I'm not complaining, I know it would be impossible with the number of prints to match every blind box order. BUT, I was just wondering if anyone else was in a similar boat and was interested in trading to create a better matched pair.
zombiejp wrote:... It would be fun to getting some trading going on with these though. I really want a Hodor.
soma wrote:one time someone told me about this website where people could trade prints with other collectors. can't remember the name.... :P
I know that this thread...

Olly Moss Blindbox Trading Corner

... connected at least a few people with each other for blindbox trades. You can start by posting there. Be specific as to what you want, priorities, etc., and what you are will to pay or trade. As well you can a) ask a mod to change the title of the thread to "Olly Moss 5x5 Giclee Trading Corner" (so people don't think it is blindbox 5x5 specific), or start a new Olly Moss GoT trading Corner thread, or a personal ISO thread.

Also, next time, if you have a pairing/framing goal in mind, spring the coin for one of the smaller sets. 8)

Silver lining, Briene is one of the few with the smallest run of 760, so it's a (not-so) rare!
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:54 pm

I still have my fingers crossed for some Arrested Development 5 x 5s. After a Lebowski set of course.
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:49 am

middayshadows wrote:
zombiejp wrote:... It would be fun to getting some trading going on with these though. I really want a Hodor.
soma wrote:one time someone told me about this website where people could trade prints with other collectors. can't remember the name.... :P

... connected at least a few people with each other for blindbox trades. You can start by posting there. Be specific as to what you want, priorities, etc., and what you are will to pay or trade. As well you can a) ask a mod to change the title of the thread to "Olly Moss 5x5 Giclee Trading Corner" (so people don't think it is blindbox 5x5 specific), or start a new Olly Moss GoT trading Corner thread, or a personal ISO thread.

Also, next time, if you have a pairing/framing goal in mind, spring the coin for one of the smaller sets. 8)

Silver lining, Briene is one of the few with the smallest run of 760, so it's a (not-so) rare!
That is super helpful. I was hoping for a blind box dedicated thread and just hadn't gotten around to searching for it. I went ahead and posted in it and I'll see if I get any bites. Thanks!
reeft
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:33 am

Screen printed in the USA for Mondo in 2011, the infamous Olly Moss was commissioned to create an illustrated variation of the theatrical poster for MOON.

VERY FEW REMAINING

Size: 16" x 24"

Strictly one per person / shipping / billing address.

Adding the item to your cart does not guarantee your purchase. You must fully complete the checkout before the item is considered yours.
Please allow 1 week for poster to ship.

Once they're gone, they're gone.
http://allcityx.com/products/moon-by-al ... -olly-moss
KevboNice
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:12 pm

middayshadows wrote:

I posted FT/ISO in there as well, thanks for reminding us!!
.i open at the close.

http://isofund.bigcartel.com/
Laguy34
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:35 pm

My blind 3....... :clap:
NikitaG
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:41 am

I've been looking into getting my GoT prints framed as a whole set (all 30).I found an online frame shop in my area that lets you customise the size and placement of the cutouts for the frames (30 cutouts :shock: ).

I decided to do a little test of the quality and accuracy and get my TD prints framed.

I am pretty happy with the result especially for the price ($30) and the turn-around (1 day).

I think I will go ahead with the super large GoT frame. I am thinking of having either khaki (a bit neutral) or peach (similar to the print background) coloured edges?

Has anyone else got theirs framed, what colour would anyone recommend?

zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:05 am

NikitaG wrote:I've been looking into getting my GoT prints framed as a whole set (all 30).I found an online frame shop in my area that lets you customise the size and placement of the cutouts for the frames (30 cutouts :shock: ).

I decided to do a little test of the quality and accuracy and get my TD prints framed.

I am pretty happy with the result especially for the price ($30) and the turn-around (1 day).

I think I will go ahead with the super large GoT frame. I am thinking of having either khaki (a bit neutral) or peach (similar to the print background) coloured edges?

Wait, are they online, or are they local to you? Because if they're online I need a link. That's a great price and those came out awesome!
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:48 am

NikitaG wrote:I've been looking into getting my GoT prints framed as a whole set (all 30).I found an online frame shop in my area that lets you customise the size and placement of the cutouts for the frames (30 cutouts :shock: ).

What size measurements did you go with for the mounts and frame?