Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:39 am

dearmrecho wrote:I was wondering about this the other day... Chenley? Pupkin?
They haven't been on here much lately... Anyone been to Leeds lately who can confirm it still exists?
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:45 am

Jaspar wrote:Anyone been to Leeds lately who can confirm it still exists?
Zombie apocalypse not made it across the Pennines yet eh? You lucky bastards.
Jaspar wrote:Not heard anything regarding 5 Reel Film lately. Any news?

We're on hiatus and going through a period of transition. We really enjoyed putting on the regular screenings at the Adelphi but they were financially unsustainable so had to knock them on the head. Working hard on new projects and should be exciting times ahead if everything comes to fruition...
this aggression will not stand, man.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:51 am

I was back home in Scunthorpe last weekend, and I thought it had been hit by the zombie apocalypse.

But then I remembered they always look like that.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:12 am

RupertPupkin wrote:
It's a bit difficult to tell with everyone's dull lifeless eyes around here. Human flesh, or just a kebab with chilli sauce?
RupertPupkin wrote:

We're on hiatus and going through a period of transition. We really enjoyed putting on the regular screenings at the Adelphi but they were financially unsustainable so had to knock them on the head. Working hard on new projects and should be exciting times ahead if everything comes to fruition...
Well, whatever you're doing, you've got to make use of those chairs, they were a sound investment!
jampar5000
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:33 am

RupertPupkin wrote:

DId you ever get any further with my mate at the Belgrave? Let me know if you want me to put you back in touch?
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:34 pm

We went and had a look around the venue. It's an amazing space and we'd love to get something on there but it would need to be the right thing (which is in the pipeline)...but everything needs to wait whilst we get what we're attempting finalised

We had some really good films on the go, with some top-draw artists...and we will release them as soon enough. Sorry that we've been quiet though...it will be worth it
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Very cool, glad to hear everything is still going
Loobaz
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:16 pm

AlanCampbell wrote:Very cool, glad to hear everything is still going
Yeah, indeed. Excited to see what's next!
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:16 pm

You guys been following this "Secret Cinema" (Google it if you ain't) project ....it looks hugely expensive to set up but very popular.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:47 pm

They've done some really great events, the last one sounded like a bit of mess though. Would be great to do something like that
rimmer
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:48 pm

...and very pricey
http://burnhamrio.co.uk/index.php
this is my local cinema,£3 a ticket,bang can't say fairer than that,
just wish he would do more with it double bills etc
ImageImage
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Chenley123 wrote:They've done some really great events, the last one sounded like a bit of mess though. Would be great to do something like that

Yeah , Back to the future wasn't it? ...£57 a ticket , but a cast of 100,s to pay for ...so maybe not too bad?
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:58 pm

rimmer wrote:...and very pricey
http://burnhamrio.co.uk/index.php
this is my local cinema,£3 a ticket,bang can't say fairer than that,
just wish he would do more with it double bills etc
£3 a ticket is nice Rimmer ...but not really realistic in this day and age?

Putting 50 bums on seats which is hard nowadays = £150 ....a sustainable business? ...don't think so

It's the age old vanity V sanity argument , we can all fill our business's with punters if we cut out all the important things , like wanting to earn a living wage at the end of the week .
rimmer
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:17 pm

He charges £4 for some blockbusters,i've been going there since indiana jones and the last crusade
so they must be doing something right,either that or it's a front for some proper naughty geezers
ImageImage
xenmate
Art Expert

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Chenley123 wrote:We went and had a look around the venue. It's an amazing space and we'd love to get something on there but it would need to be the right thing (which is in the pipeline)...but everything needs to wait whilst we get what we're attempting finalised

We had some really good films on the go, with some top-draw artists...and we will release them as soon enough. Sorry that we've been quiet though...it will be worth it
Looking forward to seeing what you have coming up. Let's show our American cousins what we're made of :twisted: