Lemonwheel Postcard

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:00 am

This topic is dedicated to: Lemonwheel Postcard

barbiebeavis
New User

Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:00 am

I can't believe this cost just $1 when I bought it at the show!
willherrmann

Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:34 pm

barbiebeavis wrote:I can't believe this cost just $1 when I bought it at the show!
Bet'cha wish you had bought a few more at the show! Wish I had bought ANY of the Lemonwheel postcards at the show. It took me a year and a half and nearly $600 to put together my set of the 3 postcards (but it would take a lot more than that to get me to trade/sell them!)
vandelay

Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:59 am

Can someone help jog my memory here??...
I've got this card, purchased it myself at the show. It has a postage stamp and is stamped with the Lemonwheel postmark, but never actually addressed or mailed. Can anyone tell me if ALL of the postcards had the postmark? I'm thinking that I had to affix the postage in order for them to postmark it. Also, and this is the coolest thing for me, on the back of the card, where the message would normally go, instead of writing anything on the card, I printed the card with one of the small (hand-carved by Jim I imagine) Pollock fish printing blocks that was chained to the post office at Lemonwheel. I remember going back later to make more prints and the blocks had been yanked off their chains... Someone got a sweet souvenir!
I am wondering if other copies of this card in circulation have the postmark and especially if they have the "custom" pollock print on back?? I'm thinking this is probably something pretty rare, but I'd like some feedback.

Anyhow, I will be adding this to my collection on EB soon, with multiple pics...
And, this card will be up for trade. I'm looking for a Pollock Kabuki print, and will be offering this card + cash for the right item...

Peace!
Jeff
deliahdelyon
Art Freak

Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:12 pm

I can't wait to see the pics of that!
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:49 pm

I can't wait for someone to try and sell that block or claim they have it so we can all freak out on them for ganking such a cool thing...very surprised this has never been a topic before!
vandelay

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:18 am

Ok, I took some pretty good pics of my postcard tonight. This card has spent the last 6 years between the pages of a sketchbook, packed away in the closet, but I've got it out on display now. I love that block print on the back of the card. The Looney Tunes stamp is a little silly, but hey..... As you can see, there is a thumbtack hole in one corner, and that same corner has a small crease. The hole is not too distracting on the back because it goes through a darker spot on the stamp. There are also a couple of slight indentions on the front, and they can't be seen on the back. The glare in the photo exagerates their noticability. Overall I'd say this card is in pretty nice shape, and I think it looks really cool.

I also have the red Lemonwheel postcard.........somewhere. Can't seem to locate it, and its driving me nuts! I just know it is stuck in a book somewhere around here. Oh well, I'll find it sooner or later.

EDIT= There are seven images below. Seems like it is kind of hit or miss as to whether they all display..... I'll provide additional links to the pics tonite.

By the way, I am looking for a Pollock Kabuki print, and would be happy to trade this postcard + cash or something.
deliahdelyon
Art Freak

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:27 am

nice! That looks really cool, Thanks for posting the pics :)
vandelay

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:18 pm

deliahdelyon wrote:nice! That looks really cool, Thanks for posting the pics :)
My pleasure. I'm glad someone else can appreciate this card!
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:43 pm

that extra block stamp on the back makes it! Thanks for sharing...
morst
EB Team

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:08 pm

agreed! By the way, I added it to the images page
vandelay

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:36 pm

morst wrote:
agreed! By the way, I added it to the images page
Sweet! I'm glad I can contribute something on this awesome site.
automator
Nobody

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:11 pm

New image Lemonwheel Yin Yang Postcard

automator
Nobody

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:10 pm

New image Lemonwheel Postcard

automator
Nobody

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 pm

New image Full 4 Card Set
The fourth card is blank on the other side, for display purposes only. When framed you can show all three cards + what is on the reverse side of each.