Art Expert

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:43 pm

So, what did I miss?
:cautiously removes pants:
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Nothing.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Dnovi
Art Expert

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:45 pm

virtualmert wrote:So, what did I miss?
People are upset that Michael Bay is making Michael Bay films. I don't know, seems like he's doing what he does. No surprise here.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:49 pm

I blame everyone else for giving that man more money than he deserves. I mean, of course he can keep doing what he does and deserves to be paid for it, but not you-can-have-your-own-private-island-to-blow-up paid.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:50 pm

I just wish he would have left the turtles alone.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
whiskaz
Art Expert

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:56 pm

sincere86a wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:im the only human on earth that had a good time at TF4.
I feel like there may have been a fun movie buried in that runtime. About 2 hours in I was wishing the "Seed" would be dropped on my theater. There was no reason that movie needed to be almost 3 hours.
That pretty much goes for all of the TF movies...most Michael Bay movies, actually. TMNT looks like TF with... turtles instead of robots. It's probably full of dumb, masturbatory jokes that 1) aren't funny 2) have nothing to do with the film and serve only to garner a PG-13 rating. Mehhh.
swabie2424
Art Expert

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:40 pm

My one funny Michael Bay story. Many years ago I played softball right behind Fox Studios, and Michael Bay was on an opposing team that we played every so often. He was low key and as per usual in L.A., everyone left him alone so he could just enjoy playing (he was a pretty decent softball player).

One game he was running the bases and ended up on third during a stoppage in play due to injury. I was playing shortstop and my buddy was playing third. I wandered over to talk to my pal at third and Bay casually joined our conversation. After a couple laughs my buddy turned to Bay and out of nowhere said, "Hey man... I saw Pearl Harbor this weekend and you owe me three hours of my life back." Oh fudge! I knew Bay was either going to laugh or punch him in the face. Luckily Bay chuckled and said something like, "Yeah, didn't turn out great." I covered my face with my glove and laughed my ass off as I went back to shortstop and play resumed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:44 pm

swabie2424 wrote:My one funny Michael Bay story. Many years ago I played softball right behind Fox Studios, and Michael Bay was on an opposing team that we played every so often. He was low key and as per usual in L.A., everyone left him alone so he could just enjoy playing (he was a pretty decent softball player).

One game he was running the bases and ended up on third during a stoppage in play due to injury. I was playing shortstop and my buddy was playing third. I wandered over to talk to my pal at third and Bay casually joined our conversation. After a couple laughs my buddy turned to Bay and out of nowhere said, "Hey man... I saw Pearl Harbor this weekend and you owe me three hours of my life back." Oh fudge! I knew Bay was either going to laugh or punch him in the face. Luckily Bay chuckled and said something like, "Yeah, didn't turn out great." I covered my face with my glove and laughed my ass off as I went back to shortstop and play resumed.
Great story. :clap:
Go ahead, make my millennium.
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Pain and Gain was a great film. No one can film a strip club scene like Bay. Well maybe Hype Williams.
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:50 pm

u LA cats have the best famous people stories
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:01 pm

I actually enjoyed Pearl Harbor...
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
HowardTheDuck
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:04 pm

phantomforce wrote:Pain and Gain was a great film. No one can film a strip club scene like Bay. Well maybe Hype Williams.
pain and gain was pure gold.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:04 pm

whiskaz wrote:
sincere86a wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:im the only human on earth that had a good time at TF4.
I feel like there may have been a fun movie buried in that runtime. About 2 hours in I was wishing the "Seed" would be dropped on my theater. There was no reason that movie needed to be almost 3 hours.
That pretty much goes for all of the TF movies...most Michael Bay movies, actually. TMNT looks like TF with... turtles instead of robots. It's probably full of dumb, masturbatory jokes that 1) aren't funny 2) have nothing to do with the film and serve only to garner a PG-13 rating. Mehhh.
But it's gonna look great on that new curved TV though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:10 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
phantomforce wrote:Pain and Gain was a great film. No one can film a strip club scene like Bay. Well maybe Hype Williams.
pain and gain was pure gold.
Yeah, that one's a keeper. It almost makes up for the pure garbage that is every Transformers movie (yes, even the first one. People calling that one even slightly worthwhile are nuts).

Also, people are aware Bay didn't direct the new Ninja Turtles movie, right? Sure, he produced it, and the actual director is a totally terrible hack, but still...
smokey289
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:49 pm

goonies is shipping