Tool Houston 06 Rogers

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:07 pm

coxgt wrote:
timhead wrote:any clue's on how to pick this up?
nope.
I'm sure Jermaine will do his typical routine.
stoneware

Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:41 pm

What pray tell is his typcial routine?
thegig
Art Expert

Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:46 pm

*Sometimes* an email headsup to his mailing list (in other words, join it!), then usually on sale W/Th/F around 2 central.
coxgt
Art Expert

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:06 pm

thegig wrote:*Sometimes* an email headsup to his mailing list (in other words, join it!), then usually on sale W/Th/F around 2 central.

(In my best Moe Sizlak voice)Waaaaaa? You are actually telling someone else how to get this print? You are very admirable. Kudos. :wink:

no offense, Brian
thegig
Art Expert

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:30 pm

coxgt wrote:
thegig wrote:*Sometimes* an email headsup to his mailing list (in other words, join it!), then usually on sale W/Th/F around 2 central.

(In my best Moe Sizlak voice)Waaaaaa? You are actually telling someone else how to get this print? You are very admirable. Kudos. :wink:

no offense, Brian
Yeah, yeah... So how do I get my Berlin Emek? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
timhead
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:12 pm

thanks for the heads up. i normally just check his site, now on the mailing list. :D
thegig
Art Expert

Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:07 pm

timhead wrote:any clue's on how to pick this up?
join his mailing list, watch, and wait.
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:19 am

all I know is, I have to have it!
freydaddy
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:30 am

Dig This....

Hi...

Hello again, so soon.
I've got some quick news: the recent TOOL print I created for the 9-11-06 show in Texas is going on sale this week. This poster has seen a deluge of initial requests, so be smart if you want this and be there ON TIME. PAY ATTENTION to the onsale details below, as they have changed a bit from our usual routine.

- TOOL/Isis: This is the 4th print I've done for TOOL in the last 10 years. The first 3 seem to hold up fairly well on their own over the years: I'd like to think that this one will do the same. The regular edition of the print is limited to only 125 copies. It measures approx. 31 x 26 inches and is a 9 color screenprint, including 3 separate blends(!), a gold metallic, and 5 uncoated pantone inks. It is printed on French black stock and signed and numbered in permanent gold metallic ink.
Image wise, the imagery means whatever you'd like it to mean...but I will say that I designed it to be viewed while listening to the first track on the latest TOOL cd, entitled 'Vicarious'. Look at it while listening to that song, and you might get a taste of where I was coming from....if you care. Though it looks differently, there aren't 2 separate beings depicted in this image: only one.
If you haven't seen it, check it:
http://www.JermaineRogers.com/images/po ... 6_tool.jpg

Now, the onsale process for this print will be handled a bit differently: I want to insure that this is done fairly and that no one gets any 'upper hand' in the process. Here's the deal: this one goes on sale FRIDAY, September 29th. I AM NOT SPECIFYING AN EXACT TIME. The print will go on sale sometime during the day between 12 NOON and 4PM CENTRAL TIME. Just go to the website (http://www.JermaineRogers.com) and keep checking for the link to buy this print. First come first served. Limit one per buyer.
In this manner everyone will have the same 'chances' to get the print...cause no one will know exactly when it will go on sale...no one but me. But I've provided you a reasonable window of activity, so the persistent man/woman will likely get what they want. So plan accordingly. Get ready to refresh your browsers, form your email alert 'tag-teams', set shifts for 'web watchmen', or whatever...

That's it. As usual stuff is always shipping. Any questions, email me: Jermaine@JermaineRogers.com
Remember:
-TOOL poster on sale Friday, Sept. 29th, sometime between 12 NOON and 4PM CENTRAL.

Next time: Melvins, Built To Spill, and a VERY big change occurring on Nov.1st that I can finally talk about.

So anyways, I'm talking to EMEK and Justin Hampton on the phone yesterday and we were discussing 'risk'. And I mentioned that 'the fruit is always out on the end of the branches...so you've got to leave the security of the sturdy trunk to go out on the limbs to get the blessings'. Then EMEK says,' Or you can just the tree down and get all the fruit.'

So I thought that remark needed to be shared with everybody...for some reason I can't quite put my finger on.

jr

PS - Spread this information at will.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:38 am

Generous man. Usually I wait to post that until they go on sale.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:51 am

freydaddy wrote:Then EMEK says,' Or you can just the tree down and get all the fruit.'
I believe the word "chop" or "cut" should be inserted into this sentence. :wink:
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:58 am

great now i'll never be able to get this one! I have class at that time. :cry:
tj
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:30 am

well, you KNOW, if you really want one, you could just keep getting up to go to the "bathroom" but really hit that computer lab!
thegig
Art Expert

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:47 am

Looks like I'll be taking a looooooong lunch break on Friday.
zdiddy66
Art Enthusiast

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:56 am

Now I might have to work an hour late on Friday if he holds off until towards the end of the window.