Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:07 pm

zefarrett wrote:Put a bomb! in the fridge. Going to open tomorrow I think. Ohhhh yea, very excited to finally try it!
Nice! I think you will enjoy it. Get it in a trade or find it up there?
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
zefarrett
Art Freak

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Did an in person trade with mr kansas when he was here seeing phish or some fudge. :P

Gave him a can of natty boh. Wonder what he thought of it. :lol:
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
kcn0
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:24 pm

I will be in the Minneapolis, MN area next week. Any suggestions on breweries or beers I can only get in that area?

My last few trips included a lot of :pint: , but I was curious to see what other people like, suggest, etc.
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
partpat
Art Freak

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:27 pm

kcn0 wrote:I will be in the Minneapolis, MN area next week. Any suggestions on breweries or beers I can only get in that area?

My last few trips included a lot of :pint: , but I was curious to see what other people like, suggest, etc.

Indeed and Surly come to mind.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:33 pm

partpat wrote:
kcn0 wrote:I will be in the Minneapolis, MN area next week. Any suggestions on breweries or beers I can only get in that area?

Indeed and Surly come to mind.
Those are the big two, for sure. Surly would probably be the priority, but Indeed is a little more centrally located (assuming you'll be near downtown).

Summit in St. Paul is the big guy in town, if you want something a little less "tap room". Their EPA is my "everyday" beer.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:40 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:What's everyone paying for the Black Butte? I just paid $17.99 for one...
The XXVI? I think I paid like $24 for the one I got.
Cbjornson wrote:
kcn0 wrote: I didn't find anytime special with Sculpin either.
I'm in the same boat. Drinkable, but won't be buying it again. Especially at the $16-18/6pack here.
Yeah but meanwhile, a six of Sculpin is like $9.99 at the same place I overpaid for BB26. And I know they have it on tap at Barrelhead (SF, Fulton and Masonic) if anyone's trying to tick that off their list. I had one, and didn't see anything really special about it, but I taste Pale Ales the way your grandpa listens to hip-hop: it's all the same and none particularly interesting :)
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:43 pm

mistersmith wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:What's everyone paying for the Black Butte? I just paid $17.99 for one...
The XXVI? I think I paid like $24 for the one I got.
yep, the XXVI. Good, I don't feel so bad for paying that much. Now, to store it for a year....
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:49 pm

I've never seen a 6 of Sculpin for anywhere near that low. Dude must be losing his ass.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Usually can find it in Dallas for around $14.99 or so. Never seen $9.99
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Codeblue wrote:I've never seen a 6 of Sculpin for anywhere near that low. Dude must be losing his ass.
This was at a BevMo (the WalMart of booze shops) in SF, so maybe relative proximity to SD combined with sheer volume has something to do with it. Or maybe I'm completely remembering it wrong -- but I remember being pissed off sixers of like Ten Fidy were something like $13, and I didn't feel that way about the Sculpin...maybe I'm just wrong, let's decide on that.

But I have a photo saved of their keg prices. 5 gallons of 90 Minute for $124, 5 gallons of Black Butte for $84, and scraping the bottom is Michelob Ultra at $54.

They also had 48 (I counted) of the Beer Camp 12-packs, at $27 each.
greg6906
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:51 pm

Codeblue wrote:I've never seen a 6 of Sculpin for anywhere near that low. Dude must be losing his ass.
Yep. Cheapest I've seen is $13.49.
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Haven't seen it in 6 packs, but the 22's around here are $6.99
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Sculpin was on sale for 14.99 the other day at my bottle shop! :lol: Normally 16.99.

I've had Sculpin many times since I first tried it. There was only one time that I didn't really like it. It was from a can, and it had spent a day or two in a hot car before being cooled again. Just didn't taste the same. Fresh from the tap Sculpin tasted amazing!

On a somewhat related topic, my son accidentally dropped a 22 of Sculpin trying to get juice out of the fridge this past weekend. It shattered on the floor of course. I'm currently looking into a beverage cooler for my beer because I'm tired of the woman complaining about fridge space, and the fact I can't have my son breaking stuff digging for juice. I've checked out Amazon and holy crap! Almost every beverage cooler has horrible ratings. The only one I found with some decent feedback was this one...

http://www.amazon.com/NewAir-AB-1200-12 ... age+cooler

Any suggestions?
mistersmith
Art Freak

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:18 pm

Check Slickdeals and places like NewEgg, especially around holidays like Christmas. Little fridges and wine coolers are the kinds of things that occasional pop up at great deals.

For example, I bought this for my wife in 2012 for either Christmas or a birthday, who can remember. It was down to like $80 off NewEgg -- I think I saw the link on Slickdeals. It's Haier, which is now a garbage brand trading off an old name, and I expected it to be total crap, but it works perfectly and is showing no signs of slowing down. And it doesn't have a compressor like a traditional fridge, so it's next to silent.

http://www.amazon.com/Haier-HVDW15ABB-1 ... B002S84PKI

Oh, and yard sales, especially in college towns.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:32 pm

stickee monkee'd :pint: 8) :pint: