Guardians Of The Galaxy 14 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:58 pm

tenaciousjack wrote:So 350 variants, and most likely 750 regs. So many desperate people to get a Stout before anyone else, but a bunch of auctions are about to end without bids. Looking at the graphs for Avengers Stouts, the best time to buy was about 2-3 months after the movie came out (factoring in all of the copies that Stout releases, a high supply meeting a high demand).
The best time to buy any posters tend to be 3 months after the print is released - somebody charted it a while ago and seemed to be the case (speaking in general terms).
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:23 pm

tenaciousjack wrote:So 350 variants, and most likely 750 regs. So many desperate people to get a Stout before anyone else, but a bunch of auctions are about to end without bids. Looking at the graphs for Avengers Stouts, the best time to buy was about 2-3 months after the movie came out (factoring in all of the copies that Stout releases, a high supply meeting a high demand).
Fo sho TJ, but it takes a lot of discipline to play the waiting game. I know I have zero patience. :(

Plus, depending on how Guardians (the movie) is received, it may not necessarily follow the Avengers chart. Much larger Mondo fanbase since Avengers, too.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:24 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:
Fo sho TJ, but it takes a lot of discipline to play the waiting game. I know I have zero patience. :(

Plus, depending on how Guardians (the movie) is received, it may not necessarily follow the Avengers chart. Much larger Mondo fanbase since Avengers, too.
But wasn't the Avengers well received? The aftermarket on that one kind of surprises me...
TheGeneralDean
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:27 pm

The only people that buy instantly are those with disposable income that don't track prints or care much for the inconvenience of drops. It's more convenient to just bid or "buy it now" and throw money to avoid the hassle. They truly aren't part of the print sub-culture, nor would you find them on this website. It's impulse buying.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:27 pm

someone say chart?

when Horkey's There Will Be Blood came out I looked at Stout's Kill Bill to find out when the best time to buy would have been. Kill Bill was a good comparison to the Horkey- popular artist, popular property, and a well executed movie poster with a healthy run size. Best time to buy was 30-180 days after release. Looking at TWBB, 5 months after release you could grab a copy for ~$300.. then just 1-2 months later we saw some ~$600 sales

Stout Avengers did the same thing and Guardians will be no different. Prices high for a month or so, everyone moves onto next big thing, then prices dip and you grab a copy. Like Bulkhead said though- it's tough to be disciplined and wait :).

regardless, if you like the movie and poster buy whenever you get the itch and enjoy it. Over analyzing numbers doesn't put posters on walls and should generally be ignored :).
Count
Art Expert

Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Exactly. Not to mention Stout holds back a sizeable number of APs, so let those go into the wild before you start shopping on the secondary.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Yep. The only real exceptions to it tend to be rare special circumstance situations (Durieux Birds, for example - gallery only sellout, confirmed no AP), but for something like a Stout drop...waiting's not the worst.

I think this'll be well received, but probably more in line with Shaun of the Dead than Avengers...then again, who knows what the power of Chris Pratt will do to that thing's popularity.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
revjessecuster
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:37 am

jkw3000 wrote:Yep. The only real exceptions to it tend to be rare special circumstance situations (Durieux Birds, for example - gallery only sellout, confirmed no AP), but for something like a Stout drop...waiting's not the worst.

I think this'll be well received, but probably more in line with Shaun of the Dead than Avengers...then again, who knows what the power of Chris Pratt will do to that thing's popularity.
Feeling stupid, here. Looking at the charts, Shaun looks to be following the pattern set by Avengers. The jump in the price of the Avengers seems to be within the past year, and Shaun only dropped a year ago. What am I missing. :neutral:
Last edited by revjessecuster on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daggermouth
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:10 am

PLUSH wrote:Sucks that all the variants are already sold out. :hanging:
Is that confirmed? Because I don't think they sold all the variants at sdcc only a small part.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:15 am

Daggermouth wrote:
Is that confirmed? Because I don't think they sold all the variants at sdcc only a small part.
They sold 150+ of the 350 variant run at SDCC. Remove the portion for Tyler's sale, and that don't leave much left. Maybe a handful will show up.
Count
Art Expert

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:21 am

Yeah don't think Mondo have many variants left. They might just drop the variants unannounced with the regs.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:25 am

Count wrote:They might just drop the variants unannounced with the regs.
That would be my guess. Best of luck errybody!
kcn0
Art Expert

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:33 am

Was it confirmed that Mondo will be dropping these tomorrow, or is that just speculation at this point?
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
matowest
Art Expert

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:38 am

kcn0 wrote:Was it confirmed that Mondo will be dropping these tomorrow, or is that just speculation at this point?
just speculation at this point
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 am

Daggermouth wrote:

That is what I was told from my CI.