Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
punch
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:06 pm

cabernathy351 wrote:Sickens me that all these folks that call themselves Movie "Fans" are reacting this way to Guardians, it's getting pretty great reviews, looks just as good as any other Marvel movie to date and with any shred of decency, you should go see it, just to dethrone the utter crapfest that is TF4. BTW GoTG is sitting at 96% fresh with 28 reviews.
Amen, i'm going to see a midnight Thursday show. I just want to support James Gunn. I've been a fan of his for years.
heythatsmybike
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:07 pm

mfaith wrote:Anybody else having issues accessing their account on the Mondo site?
same for me as well.
Image Imagedrop. drink. repeat.
heythatsmybike
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:07 pm

punch wrote:
cabernathy351 wrote:Sickens me that all these folks that call themselves Movie "Fans" are reacting this way to Guardians, it's getting pretty great reviews, looks just as good as any other Marvel movie to date and with any shred of decency, you should go see it, just to dethrone the utter crapfest that is TF4. BTW GoTG is sitting at 96% fresh with 28 reviews.
Amen, i'm going to see a midnight Thursday show. I just want to support James Gunn. I've been a fan of his for years.
Image Imagedrop. drink. repeat.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:08 pm

punch wrote:
+1
So it goes...
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:11 pm

When is the last time a Marvel movie has been critically acclaimed? Sure it's one thing if you're a fan of comic book movies but if you've got a more high brow taste, they're not gonna have any interest to you.
punch
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
When is the last time a Marvel movie has been critically acclaimed? Sure it's one thing if you're a fan of comic book movies but if you've got a more high brow taste in movies, they're not gonna have any interest to you.
This summer, Captain America 2. Which was FANTASTIC.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain ... dier_2014/
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:18 pm

GotG looks great . . . and it will be, i was a lil skeptical at first since its a B line of comics from Marvel, but im stoked to see the story unfold as im not super familiar with the all the charcters . . . ive heard good things
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
cabernathy351
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
When is the last time a Marvel movie has been critically acclaimed? Sure it's one thing if you're a fan of comic book movies but if you've got a more high brow taste, they're not gonna have any interest to you.
When's the last Marvel movie that Wasn't Critically Acclaimed?? Not sure what your smoking, or what critics your reading.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:22 pm

RT is a joke. It is better than IMDB but both of those sites suck.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:24 pm

It's honestly easier to just sit back and let folks fumble over their retractions at this time next week. :P
Brian2013
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
cabernathy351
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:25 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:RT is a joke. It is better than IMDB but both of those sites suck.
Welcome back btw.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Pleased to see it's getting good reviews. I was quite worried it was going to suck complete balls a la Fantastic Four.
Brian2013
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:30 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:Pleased to see it's getting good reviews. I was quite worried it was going to suck complete balls a la Fantastic Four.
I can't think of many superhero movies that are as bad as FF.
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:30 pm

It's going to be entertaining. Don't expect any more than that, and I'm sure you'll have a blast.
That's what she said