Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
rimmer
Art Expert

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:43 pm

Just got the wife into them and she thoroughly enjoyed them,i said lets take a breather and watch something else and she insisted we carried on.
There's a lot to be said for not owning a mobile
I kinda miss being free.
ImageImage
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:58 pm

Too true Rimmsy , I look at people being a slave to them , either by choice or enforced and I'm grateful I never got sucked into the hype of needing to own one.

I can certainly see how you can quite easily convince yourself you absolutely NEED one to exist , but you don't , not really.

Even the landline pisses me off when that rings , I shudder to think what being available to everyone and anytime feels like....."ring , ring , ring , ring ....what? , what ? ...what the flick do you want?"

I'm happy being the Luddite I am.
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Fattyramone wrote:Can I say quietly , that I've only ever seen the very first Star Wars film , and that was about 15 years after it was initially
released.

What makes it stranger was that once I had seen it I actually enjoyed it but it still left me with no real hankering to see the other two in the series ...then with the universal thumbs down that the next 3 films got I now couldn't face watching 5 films to catch up on , especially when I know 3 of them are crap.

Maybe on my death bed I'll ask for them to see what you buggers have seen in it all these years.

I've never seen any of the starwars, star trek, indiana jones, lord of the rings films

and i hate my mobile phone, its only call centers that contact me
rimmer
Art Expert

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:06 pm

I think more and more people will go off the grid
as time goes on,facebook blah blah you know the rest.
My wife and her friend still send letters to each other
I mean who does that anymore,when you can facetime etc i love technology its truly wonderful,but at the same time i hate it aswell
ImageImage
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:44 pm

AlanCampbell wrote:
Fattyramone wrote:Can I say quietly , that I've only ever seen the very first Star Wars film , and that was about 15 years after it was initially
released.

What makes it stranger was that once I had seen it I actually enjoyed it but it still left me with no real hankering to see the other two in the series ...then with the universal thumbs down that the next 3 films got I now couldn't face watching 5 films to catch up on , especially when I know 3 of them are crap.

Maybe on my death bed I'll ask for them to see what you buggers have seen in it all these years.

I've never seen any of the starwars, star trek, indiana jones, lord of the rings films

and i hate my mobile phone, its only call centers that contact me
Al , your the new The Old Man of Lochnagar in training , that's been obvious from the start of me getting to know you , once your facial hair has grown wild and haggard enough your destined for a craggy cave with a cast iron pot outside full of neeps and nettles that you've stolen from strangers allotments when the moon is low. Parents will unjustifiablely scorn you to their children.

Rimmsy , your wife is to be applauded , the last of letter writers , tis a nobel thing indeed , one day Al or one of his beatnik poet mates will write a lament in her honour , a lament written on handmade vellum and decorated with wild thistle brush.
pking1601
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:03 am

Fattyramone wrote:I also don't own a mobil phone.
I have met Dai so don't let him kid everyone.
The only reason he doesn't have a mobile phone is because his big sausage like fingers can't press the buttons in.
Because I have fingers like a classical concert pianist I was able to use my mobile phone camera, yes they actually have cameras in phones now Dai as well, to take this picture of his humongous digits at one of our meetings.
image.jpg
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:49 am

Fattyramone wrote: ...then with the universal thumbs down that the next 3 films got I now couldn't face watching 5 films to catch up on , especially when I know 3 of them are crap.
http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/1 ... ing-order/

Also.. Does anyone need a 9ft by 7ft frame for anything? Friend of my brother is selling one. :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271548954780
My up to date trades and ISOs.
jampar5000
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:50 am

1nkling wrote:
Fattyramone wrote: ...then with the universal thumbs down that the next 3 films got I now couldn't face watching 5 films to catch up on , especially when I know 3 of them are crap.
http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/1 ... ing-order/

Also.. Does anyone need a 9ft by 7ft frame for anything? Friend of my brother is selling one. :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271548954780
too quick for me Ben...
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
vvarlock
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:57 am

Hoping to jump on this, below list has been updated and payment sent via PayPal. Please update once you've received it. Cheers!

Name / 18x24 / 24x36 / quad

xenmate / 20 / 10 / 0
Rimmer / 25 / 25 / 0
Benjames500 / 5 / 10 / 0
Jampar5000/ 10 / 15 / 0 (Paid)
Jpfondu /10 /15/ 0. (Paid)
LeeKaye /25 / 25 / 10
vvarlock / 15 / 15 / 0
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:32 am

pking1601 wrote:
The only reason he doesn't have a mobile phone is because his big sausage like fingers can't press the buttons in.
Because I have fingers like a classical concert pianist I was able to use my mobile phone camera, yes they actually have cameras in phones now Dai as well, to take this picture of his humongous digits at one of our meetings.
image.jpg
I have just had O L L Y M O S S done on mine.

my favourite though was spitting image when they had the Queen Mother (Gawd Bless her) with GIN & TONIC (the T was on the thumb) on hers :)
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:02 am

pking1601 wrote:
image.jpg
Ahh yes I remember meeting you now Paul , along with that other wastrel SFXDAN , you were loitering around the tube stations entrances with cardboard signs reading "penny for a mondo poster please guv'nor".

To look at you both was like living in a real-life Dickens novel , but I'm sorry I struck you both with my silver topped cane.
pking1601
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:31 am

Fattyramone wrote:
pking1601 wrote:
image.jpg
Ahh yes I remember meeting you now Paul , along with that other wastrel SFXDAN , you were loitering around the tube stations entrances with cardboard signs reading "penny for a mondo poster please guv'nor".

To look at you both was like living in a real-life Dickens novel , but I'm sorry I struck you both with my silver topped cane.
I remember you. My fellow orphan took this picture of you whilst you explained the evils of Mondo to me
image.jpg
deestar
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 am

Name / 18x24 / 24x36 / quad

xenmate / 20 / 10 / 0
Rimmer / 25 / 25 / 0 (paid)
Benjames500 / 5 / 10 / 0
LeeKaye /25 / 25 / 10 (paid)
vvarlock / 15 / 15 / 0 (paid)
xenmate
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:49 pm

deestar wrote:Name / 18x24 / 24x36 / quad

xenmate / 25 / 25 / 0
Rimmer / 25 / 25 / 0 (paid)
Benjames500 / 5 / 10 / 0
LeeKaye /25 / 25 / 10 (paid)
vvarlock / 15 / 15 / 0 (paid)
Updates amounts. money sent now.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:12 pm

It was pitiful watching the infant SFXDAN go crawling to the Fagin master General , with his artisticaly carved bowl from Monserat in hand and hear him whimper "please Mr. Justin sir , can I have a gruel variant, one with extra sparkle if you please"