Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
jools
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:49 pm

tens of Scottish ££££'s.
...which they still wouldn't accept as soon as i go south of the bloody border (Ingerland pet hate #1) :twisted:
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:45 pm

jools wrote:
tens of Scottish ££££'s.
...which they still wouldn't accept as soon as i go south of the bloody border (Ingerland pet hate #1) :twisted:

Oh I do , happy to take them , and the plastic Northern Ireland notes too.

Mind you my English staff members were very wary of them initially. The real problem with accepting them is that no-one wants to accept them back as change once they are in the till.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:48 pm

It took me a while to convince the lady at the mondo stall last year at TB to accept my Scottish notes.
Maybe she fell for the accent. :)
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:52 pm

never buying from england again or internationally for that matter. the nightmare to return a damaged item i got off ebay is not worth it.. 90 bucks to return a damaged item to get 300 back. ebay requires a tracking number but only fedex and ups provide those services in the US to prove it was delivered. is there something i'm missing, ebay refused to let me use their global shipping program to return it.. so i guess i'm done doing business with england cause it isn't worth it if that's the price you pay trying to return something. and it was only a little envelope too.. such bullshit.
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Catarax wrote:never buying from england again or internationally for that matter. the nightmare to return a damaged item i got off ebay is not worth it.. 90 bucks to return a damaged item to get 300 back. ebay requires a tracking number but only fedex and ups provide those services in the US to prove it was delivered. is there something i'm missing, ebay refused to let me use their global shipping program to return it.. so i guess i'm done doing business with england cause it isn't worth it if that's the price you pay trying to return something. and it was only a little envelope too.. such bullshit.
Wowzers, if it's only a little envelope how come it's costing 90 bucks to ship?! Think your beef should be with UPS/fedex!
Was the shipping to you not insured? The ebayer should be able to claim it back for you and refund your costs.
Obviously there are costs and hassles involved with buying internationally, pretty much every poster us UKers buy comes from the US, and in our direction we also have the joys of potentially being screwed by import duty, as well as the risks of the postal service.
Last edited by Jaspar on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Fattyramone wrote:
jools wrote:howsabout i finally buy one of your's? will ya let me stay? :P

You'll be sorry that you haven't when the angels take him silently and then he's revered as Scotland's favourite militant anarchistic beat poet cum pencilsmith.

And his work will be worth tens of Scottish ££££'s.

(Thanks for the book Al , it was delivered yesterday , nice one you militant bugger :D )
glad it arrived, and about these angels.. I'm only 26 and i'm not planning on going anywhere soon.

but yeah everyone should give me their money, just encase.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:49 pm

AlanCampbell wrote:
Fattyramone wrote:

You'll be sorry that you haven't when the angels take him silently and then he's revered as Scotland's favourite militant anarchistic beat poet cum pencilsmith.

(Thanks for the book Al , it was delivered yesterday , nice one you militant bugger :D )
glad it arrived, and about these angels.. I'm only 26 and i'm not planning on going anywhere soon.

You need to join the 27 club to remain immortal , Hendrix , Joplin , Cobain et al ...

Enjoy your last year, make it a good 'un ....everlasting fame calls
bert
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Catarax wrote:never buying from england again or internationally for that matter. the nightmare to return a damaged item i got off ebay is not worth it.. 90 bucks to return a damaged item to get 300 back. ebay requires a tracking number but only fedex and ups provide those services in the US to prove it was delivered. is there something i'm missing, ebay refused to let me use their global shipping program to return it.. so i guess i'm done doing business with england cause it isn't worth it if that's the price you pay trying to return something. and it was only a little envelope too.. such bullshit.
Eh? USPS offers tracking for priority and express. Even first class I think.
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:11 pm

not at my post office. they told me no delivery confirmation or tracking for international
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
bert
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:18 pm

I regularly get tubes sent priority and express that are fully trackable and require a signature.

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail ... tional.htm?

States that it's trackable in the link above. Can you maybe print the label at home if your local post office are being unhelpful?
Last edited by bert on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenmate
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Does USPS not have tracked services?
1nkling
Site Admin

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Catarax wrote:not at my post office. they told me no delivery confirmation or tracking for international
They were wrong. :roll:
My up to date trades and ISOs.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:25 pm

A post office being wrong about their own services?? Inconceivable! :roll:
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Fattyramone wrote:
AlanCampbell wrote:
Fattyramone wrote:

You need to join the 27 club to remain immortal , Hendrix , Joplin , Cobain et al ...

Enjoy your last year, make it a good 'un ....everlasting fame calls
A little under four months until i'm 27, i'm really just focusing on being able to pay my bills right now never mind immortality and everlasting fame.

:)
jools
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 pm

i'll just leave this here
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html