Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Benjames500
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Name / 18x24 / 24x36 / quad

xenmate / 20 / 10 / 0
Fitz / 5 / 10 / 0
Rimmer /15 / 15 / 0
Benjames500 / 5 / 10 / 0

I know this is a royal pain in the ass to sort out but thanks so much for getting the ball rolling and saying you'll sort this one out yourself. I think it goes without saying we'll all be prepared to pay up front for the sleeves.
sfxdan
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:36 am

You're a good man deestar! (And the other past guys who have organised the sleeve order)

I'd have to agree with fatty. People can't expect you to keep hanging on until they sort their sh*t and place and order. Set the deadline for a week, 2 weeks what ever and be harsh! If people know that there is someone that wants some sleeves but hasn't placed an order, then send them a little pm as a nudge! But you can't keep waiting for ever. You're the one doing us a favour not the other way around. Just my 2 pence :)
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:28 am

Dee , if you've set the deadline for one months time , I promise you ...PROMISE YOU that you'll be in exactly the same boat that you are now.

Make it a week AT MOST and then drymount those who are late to the party in paying and ordering , you have to be brutal with this buddy. Lovely bunch of people on this UK thread and all that , but I've never come across a bunch of guys less likely to want to get things done.

The only reason this is happening now is that there were far too many slackers and "let's sit down for a year to debate this before we order" costermongers on the first order that Jasper took by the horns and got done.

It was incredible to watch the amount of whinging that occurred the moment that Jasper said "order done , too late , tough fudge" a week after opening the book for orders ......"grumble , grumble , you could have given us a decades warning, moan , bloody moan"

Now pull your bloody socks up you bunch of English shape shifting bastards and stop embarrassing us with your constant procrastinating.

Get you money and your order off to Dee right now , and Dee get that order off to America on the 14th of July (5 days from now), sod the 7th of August , and sod the latecomers

How the drymount some of you ever get around to ordering a pint and a packet of crisps I'll never know?

Halluhuliah , praise dee lawd.
deestar
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:38 am

7th of August works for me chaps as I have some holidays booked and a little time off coming up.

It also gives people a pay day to get there fudge in order.

So if you are in, you are in. If not so be it.

Order will be placed on the 7th no matter what. Payments will be needed before the 5th, if you haven't paid by then, your part of the order won't be placed.
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:45 am

Surely a shorter deadline could result in less people actually placing orders and consequently a larger cost/sleeve. (...Too long, and you might get slackers and it drags on.) 7th August seems okay. Hopefully I've got some work lined up by then. Just my thoughts out loud.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:57 am

dhokes wrote:Surely a shorter deadline could result in less people actually placing orders and consequently a larger cost/sleeve. (...Too long, and you might get slackers and it drags on.) 7th August seems okay. Hopefully I've got some work lined up by then. Just my thoughts out loud.

This has been dragging on in one guise or another for about 4+ months.....how much more time do people want or need?

Each new time frame it attracts a new set of newbies (and very welcome they are too) to add their quota to the list , only to never been seen or heard of ever again.....

Bugger it ,....I'll keep out of it , I've already got mine , good luck to all.
deestar
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:39 am

I agree it's been dragging on but I literally just decided yesterday to take control of it.
I was just trying to nudge it along previously.

And now since its my decision and my way from here I will do it the way I want and not bring the luggage of the previous dallying and list into it.

So if you want in add to the list and pay me before the 5th August.
The amount you will pay me primarily is the exact $$ amount for the sleeves from the site, gifted or add the fees.

These two are the item links that i found in Jaspars post from January, i presume these are the ones ordered previously - the prices are for 25, if we reach 100 etc it will be cheaper per sleeve.

**** https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-3194-sp ... leeve.aspx **** $47.90 (25 pack) 24-1/4 x 38 4 mil POLYETHYLENE NO flap.
**** https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-4306-18 ... rints.aspx **** $18.85 (25 pack) 18-1/4 x 26 2 mil POLYETHYLENE NO flap.

And these are the Quad sized ones i was looking to order -

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-3443-br ... eeves.aspx *QUAD* $38.35 (25 pack) 30-1/4 x 42 2 mil POLYETHYLENE NO flap.

My PayPal is deestarbradley@btinternet.com - add your name to the payment and the amount of sleeves wanted and type.

Then I will cover the shipping from the States and import duties. Once arrived I will calculate the cost of the shipping/import duties divided equally over the amount of sleeves. Then when it comes to shipping UK side I will add this to your specific order - and you will pay me that amount before I ship. Again gifted or covering the fees.

I really don't care if you like the way I am doing it or not- this way people pay me for the sleeves they want up front and if they don't follow through I won't be out of pocket too much.

That sound ok, if not I don't really care, order your own f'ing sleeves then.
Last edited by deestar on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
xenmate
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:52 am

You set the rules and be ruthless about it mate. You're doing us the favour, not the other way around.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:58 am

Sounds fair enough. What were the prices again? If you want payment now I will list what I want and pay you straight away. Also, is this coming from BagsUnlimited? I ask because I wanted to check on their measurements of Quad...and the site is down. So the whole topic could become moot. :P
deestar
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:40 am

Yeah I did notice that myself.

Bags Unlimited was the site I was looking to order from.

I will periodically check the site again throughout the day myself.
jampar5000
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:40 am

xenmate / 20 / 10 / 0
Fitz / 5 / 10 / 0
Rimmer /15 / 15 / 0
Benjames500 / 5 / 10 / 0
Jampar5000/ 10 / 15 / 0

Can someone post prices when they get a chance?
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:30 am

xenmate / 20 / 10 / 0
Fitz / 5 / 10 / 0
Rimmer /15 / 15 / 0
Benjames500 / 5 / 10 / 0
Jampar5000/ 10 / 15 / 0
Jpfondu /10 /15/ 0
deestar
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Added the information on the sleeve amounts/sizes and prices to my last post.
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:23 pm

I know it's another birds print but I really like that one...good size too
fitz
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Chenley123 wrote:I know it's another birds print but I really like that one...good size too
same here, its the nicest mondo print (non-event) I have seen in a while