Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Izmon
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:34 am

Right another fiver off everything apart from in Bruges so 10 in total again open to offers :) and if there's something else you see in my collection let me know
Izmon wrote:Take a fiver off everything apart from in bruges I'm open to offers remember

Izmon wrote:Hey guys need to move some stuff most will be averages but I'm flexible so shoot me a pm

Cooper mayhem reg £80 delivered

Cooper anarchy £50 delivered

Barrett assembeling £40 delivered

Los Angeles die hard van genderen £60 delivered

Drive sheratt £ 35 delivered

Ghostbusters van genderen £ 50 delivered

Petrie avengers ap I think this had a slight crease on the corner but was spooned out nothing major £80 delivered

In Bruges New flesh commission varient - PENDING £80 delivered

Whalen monsters commission £65 delivered

Smackdown set valderama £70

All delivered in UK send me a pm to discuss thanks guys

Anything else in my traded is also available
vvarlock
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:12 am

Hello! I'm extremely new to the forums and thought I'd drop a quick message. I'm in the NW and managed to bag a few Mondo prints over the first 1/2 of the year to start my collection.

Are people still ordering the sleeves? Would be great to get in on the order if so. Currently storing in tubes and near impossible to get any proper storage for the bigger 24x36 prints.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:26 am

Welcome!
Once you get sleeves, you'll still need something rigid to protect them while storing flat. I'd suggest getting some foam core or a couple of clip frames from Wilkos. You could always order some acid free tissue paper from amazon/ebay to tide you over until you got sleeves.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:34 am

Quick question guys. Parcel is being held by Parcelforce until I pay the customs fees. HMRC have charged it and released it back to the depot. I called up and asked for the amount payable whilst I await the letter being delivered detailing it all. They have charged the 20% as usual.

Can I still challenge the 20% at this point or will I need to pay the fees and take it back up with HMRC? I can call them up but just in case someone already had a go at this.

I couldn't find the old UK customs forum.

Cheers.
rimmer
Art Expert

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:37 am

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994

Jp - just had two successful retroactive claims by following the advice in the link above
it's a ballache but it's gotta be done,got charged nearly 50 quid both times :shock:
ImageImage
jpfondu
Art Expert

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:41 am

Great stuff man, Thanks.
rimmer
Art Expert

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:43 am

No worries,I only know where it is as i've been there too much lately :D
ImageImage
vvarlock
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:47 am

Jaspar wrote:Welcome!
Once you get sleeves, you'll still need something rigid to protect them while storing flat. I'd suggest getting some foam core or a couple of clip frames from Wilkos. You could always order some acid free tissue paper from amazon/ebay to tide you over until you got sleeves.
Thanks Jaspar, yeah was looking at foamboards today actually on ebay. Think it was around £60 for 15 which is pretty good in lieu of sleeves.
rimmer
Art Expert

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:58 am

Sorry vvarlock,completely bypassed your post.
Welcome!
ImageImage
hpoorthuis
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:59 am

deestar wrote:Image

This was the master list, if everyone is ok with the amounts please state so. Also money will have to be collected before order is placed
So we going through with this? How much where the cost again and when will the funds need to be collected?

Also, Is Thought Bubble worth a €500 trip? Really thinking about going this year, but apart from Mondoish stuff is it good?
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:08 pm

vvarlock wrote:
Thanks Jaspar, yeah was looking at foamboards today actually on ebay. Think it was around £60 for 15 which is pretty good in lieu of sleeves.
I've never actually ended up buying the stuff. Out of interest, how much was postage? Could you post a link?
Cheers
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 pm

vvarlock wrote:
But do you really need 15? You could purchase 2 from your nearest art/craft store (I purchased 2 A1 boards for approx. £6 each) + sleeves such as these (http://www.artifolk.co.uk/back-to-colle ... leeves.htm) + acid free tissue paper for extra protection if you're concerned.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:23 pm

My problem is A1 is too small for 24 x 36, and I don't know how I'd fit A0 in the car! That said, I do already have flat storage, just thought they might come in handy for flattening new prints.
fitz
Art Expert

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:27 pm

I just bought massive (27x40) clipframes from amazon or wilkos and then used acid free tissue paper between the prints as a temp solution - you can get a fair number into a single frame doing it this way and it kept them fine for me.
fitz
Art Expert

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:28 pm

hpoorthuis wrote:Also, Is Thought Bubble worth a €500 trip? Really thinking about going this year, but apart from Mondoish stuff is it good?
I wouldnt have said so unless you were doing it as part of a wider trip. It is good but its much more of a comics event than an art event for the most part.