Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:14 am

AlanCampbell wrote:
DonPiano wrote:
AlanCampbell wrote:I'm going to one of the talks if i can get tickets but i was planning already getting one of my kafka on the shore print signed and i'm not sure what you'll even be allowed to get him to sign, it may just be copies of the new book.
Yeah, I was going to see if you were going to this as well. Would be great to get your print signed by him. :drool:

I'd say it'd be any book - or if not, then just the new book which is supposed to be great. Can't wait to grab it.

I'm reading The Wind Up Bird Chronicle now and loving it. It's the last of his books that I haven't read. I strongly recommend reading Dance, Dance, Dance, Kafka on the Shore, Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World and then once you've tackled those, give 1Q84 a shot. It's a big book, but it's one of my favourites.

Here's a link with the details of the talk: https://www.edbookfest.co.uk/the-festiv ... i-murakami

Nope, no murakami tickets for me, i forgot about it until 9am when they went on sale, they had set up a queue system and i was number 3670 and it sold out when i was 1700ish

I'm now trying to bribe people on twitter, ticket cost + a copy of the kafka on shore print
That sucks. I saw the notification go up and people saying how long the online wait was. Hopefully someone can come through for you.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:28 pm

suffering from appalling internet connection at the moment - had sky installed last week and since then my connection is continually dropping and my peak download speed tonight has been 0.05MB - beyond useless- and to top it off the phone has now stopped working :(
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:16 pm

yeah sky is awful, we were on virgin forever then changed to sky for about a year and the speed difference was instantly noticeable, recently changed back to Virgin media getting nice 20ping 40.86Mbps download 3.15mbps upload
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:39 pm

AlanCampbell wrote:yeah sky is awful, we were on virgin forever then changed to sky for about a year and the speed difference was instantly noticeable, recently changed back to Virgin media getting nice 20ping 40.86Mbps download 3.15mbps upload
yep I am stuck with Sky until end of July I think then will go back to Virgin - was going to try for that Delort print tomorrow evening but not sure with this shaky connection (plus I have never managed to get anything on P&T)
Chenley123
Art Expert

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:59 am

Same, we went for sky for about 18 months. Complained about the connection speeds a lot, was like talking to my own arse.

Call one. The problem is A
Call two. The problem is A. Explain that we have tried that. The problem is B. Call three. The problem is A. Explain that we have tried that. The problem is B. Explain that we tried that. The problem is C
When you get to call 5 or 6 the rage starts to set in. Especially when they start telling the problem is A again.
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:48 am

I'm with Sky and generally I've had no problems. I've never been with Virgin so I can't compare services.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:54 am

I was with O2, and their internet was taken over by Sky. My internet speeds dropped from about 6Mb to about 2Mb, and also became less reliable. I reckon all ISPs are rubbish when it comes to needing support, they're just set up to send you around the houses and fob you off.
fitz
Art Expert

Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:54 am

can anyone help with the Delort print tonight? I just cannot rely on my home interwebz and dont fancy hanging about the office until 7pm or 8pm (I cant work out when the relevant time is) to score it from here :) I can PP you the money straight away and it should be cool to get them to change the postal address I would imagine.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:02 pm

fitz wrote:can anyone help with the Delort print tonight? I just cannot rely on my home interwebz and dont fancy hanging about the office until 7pm or 8pm (I cant work out when the relevant time is) to score it from here :) I can PP you the money straight away and it should be cool to get them to change the postal address I would imagine.
I'll give it a go for you mate. I think it drops about 8pm on P&T.

I was in for this myself but my outlay is too big atm
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:28 pm

George Orwell's birthday today,
June 25th to celebrate I'm dropping the price of my Nineteen Eighty-Four print from £35 to £25 which is 28.5% off
For today only
http://alancampbell.bigcartel.com/produ ... ighty-four

fitz
Art Expert

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:42 pm

jpfondu wrote:
fitz wrote:can anyone help with the Delort print tonight? I just cannot rely on my home interwebz and dont fancy hanging about the office until 7pm or 8pm (I cant work out when the relevant time is) to score it from here :) I can PP you the money straight away and it should be cool to get them to change the postal address I would imagine.
I'll give it a go for you mate. I think it drops about 8pm on P&T.

I was in for this myself but my outlay is too big atm
cheers mate - I am back home and my connection is at a mighty 1.67MB so will try it myself but thanks for the offer.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Ok man. If it's a cart system then I can try to stick one in the cart in case you have no luck. Although in not sure with P&T
fitz
Art Expert

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:54 pm

jpfondu wrote:Ok man. If it's a cart system then I can try to stick one in the cart in case you have no luck. Although in not sure with P&T
cheers bud - I am just looking at their site now - it looks like even though you are logged in when you try to buy something you have to log in again which is weird - I have never managed to buy anything from that site successfully - I think its a first past the post system though rather than a cart sadly

+1 - you can tell this wasn't for a Horkey :)
Hellraiser
Art Expert

Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:25 pm

fitz wrote:
jpfondu wrote:Ok man. If it's a cart system then I can try to stick one in the cart in case you have no luck. Although in not sure with P&T
cheers bud - I am just looking at their site now - it looks like even though you are logged in when you try to buy something you have to log in again which is weird - I have never managed to buy anything from that site successfully - I think its a first past the post system though rather than a cart sadly

:clap:
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:26 pm

fitz wrote:

Class. It looks pretty amazing from the pics.