All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:06 pm

PJ20 Vans up for a bit...not too many sizes left; low tops sold out fast apparently.

http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info. ... ts_id=2576
peerly
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:31 pm

Anyone have any rumors about potential artists for upcoming EU tour?
I assume that Ames, Klausen, Soto and Munk One are fixed again.
Malleus would be great for Milan and/or Trieste; Krause for Berlin :pint:
antiyou
Art Expert

Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Malleus would never be able to fill the order for the show edition. How long would an edition of 5000+ take to silkscreen by hand?
peerly
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:08 pm

peerly wrote:Anyone have any rumors about potential artists for upcoming EU tour?
I assume that Ames, Klausen, Soto and Munk One are fixed again.
Malleus would be great for Milan and/or Trieste; Krause for Berlin :pint:
based on current 10C newsletter Sit and The London Police will do one
pewter14
EB Team

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Pretty sure the show editions are closer to 1,000 ... but the point is made, probably out of Malleus' range.

I'm guessing from his Facebook posts about Portland (the ticket debacle), EMEK is out. :?

Oh, and my flight to Amsterdam is under 48 hours away!
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:37 pm

mystery boxes are back up.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:46 pm

I'll give someone $600 bones if they grab me a Benny in Amsterdam at the Pop Up Shop.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:52 pm

63schoeffling wrote:I'll give someone $600 bones if they grab me a Benny in Amsterdam at the Pop Up Shop.
What makes you think they'll have Benny's at this one?
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:53 pm

pj101ca wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:I'll give someone $600 bones if they grab me a Benny in Amsterdam at the Pop Up Shop.
They did at the others. I mean it's kind of a half hearted request anyway. Figured I would toss it out there once... If someone bites, great. If not... It's whatever.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:55 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
pj101ca wrote:
They did at the others. I mean it's kind of a half hearted request anyway. Figured I would toss it out there once... If someone bites, great. If not... It's whatever.
They didn't at the NYC Volcom pop up shop. Only the seattle one had benaroya's.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:58 pm

pj101ca wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
pj101ca wrote:
They didn't at the NYC Volcom pop up shop. Only the seattle one had benaroya's.
Well the NY one wasn't really billed to have any good old stuff. That was just to promote the new album and the Letterman show.

The only other two real pop ups had them as well as the good stuff.
DickButt
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:35 pm

I would love to know how many Bennys they still have
pj101ca
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:06 pm

DickButt wrote:I would love to know how many Bennys they still have
unnumbered ones? I think it's a lot.
demetrios
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:49 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
pj101ca wrote:
I don't think Amsterdam will have any of the old Pearl Jam items that were sold at last December's Showbox Pop Up Shop. It will be brand new never before seen Pearl Jam merchandise like what they did for their Brooklyn Pop Up Shop last Fall. This Sunday they will probably be selling both Amsterdam gig prints by SIT & London Police, stickers, clothing, possibly flag's maybe ...
tedthecat
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Below is the press release for the Pearl Jam PopUp shop this Sunday in Amsterdam at the Kallenbach Gallery. Would it be possible for you to post this? Both SIT and The London Police did very very limited edition posters for the Ziggo Dome show on June 16,2014 in Amsterdam. We also have some rare old Pearl Jam posters that we have taken out of the archives and collab t-shirts with each artist. These again are crazy limited edition and ONLY available at the Kallenbach Pop Up Shop.

The link that we are pushing is to the Facebook Event so that people will RSVP.

On June 16th, SIT has done a very special animation for the exterior of the Ziggo Dome which I think people will love.

Chris

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, June 13, 2014

PEARL JAM POP-UP SHOP AT KALLENBACH GALLERY
JUNE 15TH, 17:00 – 20:00

DOOR PRIZES, LIMITED EDITION POSTERS AND SHIRTS,
FIRST CHANCE TO BUY MERCH FOR BAND’S SOLD OUT ZIGGO DOME SHOWS
AND EUROPEAN TOUR

AMSTERDAM – In advance of the band’s two sold out shows at Ziggo Dome (June 16 & 17), Kallenbach Gallery will host a Pearl Jam pop-up shop on June 15 from 17:00-20:00.

WHAT: Event features include door prizes; very limited edition Pearl Jam Collaborative posters and T-shirts from artists The London Police and SIT; first chance to purchase Ziggo Dome event merchandise and items from the Pearl Jam European Tour merchandise line.

WHEN: June 15, 2014 from 17:00-20:00 (5pm-8pm)

WHERE: Pazzanistraat 91014 DB Amsterdam

RSVP: http://on.fb.me/1iuxtK3

About Kallenbach Gallery: The gallery - directed by Nanna Kassenaar - operates from an interest and a passion for movements usually labeled as underground, lowbrow and urban art. At the same time, the gallery constantly keeps an eye out for new movements and emerging forms of contemporary art. We aim to introduce the public to these exciting and innovative artists in an open and approachable way.

About SIT: The work of Dutch artist, SIT, is inevitably characterized by a feeling of discomfort: his paintings and sculptures show the moment when beauty loses its raison d’être, and presents its darkest side. Behind his figurative images lies a disturbing analysis of our times. SIT demonstrates artificial characters, human beings and animals that remind us of the banality of everyday life, of our obsession with appearance, looks and materialism. These characters are the victims of our visual and fast society, the technology of the visible - here human vanity stands in the way of a truly ethical life.
By using black and white, SIT creates sober and melancholic images, as if man - while endlessly believing in progression - has lost something on the way. But on the other hand, he displays a maximum of effects: the fabrics, textures and costumes look sensual and seductive, the settings are theatrical and grotesque. This ambiguity - between the temptation of beauty and our constant urge to abuse her - is the driving force behind SIT's work.

- Justin Waerts

About The London Police: The London Police started in 1998 when big English geezers headed to Amsterdam to rejuvenate the visually disappointing streets of the drug capital of the world.

The motive was to combine traveling and making art to create an amazing way of life not seen since the days of King Solomon. From 2002 onward, TLP started sending missionaries into all corners of the globe. Known for their iconic LADS characters and precision marking, TLPhave recently celebrated 10 strong years in the art world and their work has graced streetsand galleries in 35 countries during this time.

London policemen have come and gone but founding members are still known to walk the streets of every city in the world spreading love with pens and stickers.

The current duo have managed to form a partnership more cohesive than Han Solo and Chewbacca in Star Wars and are continuing to produce slick artwork that is tighter than abutlers cuff. Never be scared, don't be a hero and let the good times roll.

NOTES:
·       Poster tubes will not be provided.
·       While supplies last.
·       A limited allocation of inventory has been pulled for this Pop-Up Shop.