[EB Member ART] Post your creations. Be a God.

General art-related discussion.
timothyripley
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 29, 2014 3:46 pm

opalis121 wrote:Just finished this new piece...it's my first triptych!:

Love the mushroom mustache composition! Not crazy about the figures. I like the kung-fu postures; but not crazy about the marker lines, colors, and black line work in the figures.
opalis121
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 29, 2014 5:03 pm

timothyripley wrote:

Love the mushroom mustache composition! Not crazy about the figures. I like the kung-fu postures; but not crazy about the marker lines, colors, and black line work in the figures.
Thankfully, the marker lines don't show up in the figures in person (that would drive me nuts!)...that came out when I scanned the pieces in and I can't seem to make my scanner not pick up the color funny like that. Usually the color picks up much more flat like this (older piece):

But thank you, I do appreciate the feedback--it's always welcome!
rghayati
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 29, 2014 6:50 pm

opalis121 wrote:
timothyripley wrote:

Thankfully, the marker lines don't show up in the figures in person (that would drive me nuts!)...that came out when I scanned the pieces in and I can't seem to make my scanner not pick up the color funny like that. Usually the color picks up much more flat like this (older piece):

But thank you, I do appreciate the feedback--it's always welcome!
I like both of these pieces.
TheDarkness
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:32 am

Finished the sketch with inks. Now I will be start working digital to complete the print.
BookofJohnmon
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:10 am

A Klopek from The 'Burbs. The end scene in the ambulance. Colored pencil. I love doing movie stuff like this.
"And I asked myself about the present: How wide it was, how deep it was, and how much was mine to keep." -Vonnegut
scumbugg
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:31 pm

Just finished this Hobbit inspired piece. Its my first really intense illustration using exclusively Illustrator.
DMSrabbit
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Just finished this hand painted print series:
Video of the process:
https://vimeo.com/97487050
Available here:
http://www.natronink.bigcartel.com/
ciphe
Art Expert

Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:05 am

9.25" x 6.5"
edition of 14
signed and numbered

high quality giclee mini print on hand torn 110lb. paper. hand finished with tea, charcoal, acrylic and sealed with clear coat.

all orders come with bonus
free shipping in the US

$10.00
http://ciphe.bigcartel.com
fantasticmrpapa
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:40 pm

zhd wrote:
mouse wrote:Not a print but I recently started making Japanese style carvings, okimono and nesuke. I decided to have a crack at some studio ghibli inspired ones. I have completed this one so far but watch this space, there will be more to come plus other modern subject inspired ones. its about 6cm tall
Really nice work man! Would love to see more studio ghibli characters if you do them
Agree, looking forward to seeing more Ghibli pieces.
fantasticmrpapa
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:43 pm

blingaling wrote:I haven't really drawn a thing for the last 5 years or so. I started collecting video game memorabilia last year, which led to video game art, which led to poster art, which led me here. Pretty amateurish compared to the greats that inspire me, but here's something I just completed.
That's not amateurish, it's a nice piece. And seeing your talent, you definitely should not let 5 years go by, get on the drawing and have at it. You've got a gift, never let it go, work at it!
blingaling
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:00 am

Well thanks mrpapa, I appreciate the kind words. I have little time to draw these days, but I've been keeping at it, just for my own amusement.
I just finished this crab.
Maybe needs some color...
ImageImageImageImage
opalis121
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:32 am

blingaling wrote:Well thanks mrpapa, I appreciate the kind words. I have little time to draw these days, but I've been keeping at it, just for my own amusement.

This looks really interesting...any detail shots?
blingaling
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:54 am

opalis121 wrote:This looks really interesting...any detail shots?
Here are a few. Done on 14x17 bristol with sakura pigma micron pens.

Looks a lot sketchier in close up :( Still some unerased pencil marks too...
ImageImageImageImage
rghayati
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:04 pm

blingaling wrote:Well thanks mrpapa, I appreciate the kind words. I have little time to draw these days, but I've been keeping at it, just for my own amusement.
Great crab! I really like this.
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:27 pm

fantasticmrpapa wrote:
blingaling wrote:I haven't really drawn a thing for the last 5 years or so. I started collecting video game memorabilia last year, which led to video game art, which led to poster art, which led me here. Pretty amateurish compared to the greats that inspire me, but here's something I just completed.
That's not amateurish, it's a nice piece. And seeing your talent, you definitely should not let 5 years go by, get on the drawing and have at it. You've got a gift, never let it go, work at it!
this is an amazing piece.
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.