Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:10 pm

zefarrett wrote:In 5 days it will be the 4 year anniversary of this shitty thread starting and the downfall of eb! :cussing:
Damn... drymounting Mondo!!!
maden
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:49 pm

stebila25 wrote:Image
It is almost like they are trying to run a business or something.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Kramerica wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
MatchsMalone wrote:Yeah, we totally need more Aliens prints. Also Robocop, Bride of Frankenstein, and Adventure Time. We need more of those too. When Stout does resurface, I'm hoping for a good Drive print. I haven't seen the perfect Stout Drive yet.

Oh and maybe BTTF, and I hope it's a good one that features the DeLorean.
This ^ 3838377

Matchs gets it.
I really don't think he does. Mondo has had 0 problems selling those prints (ok, maybe not adventure time) in a matter of seconds. Why should they constantly release posters for new movies when they can release 3 a week using the same license that is already bought and paid for? People who don't like it should just pretend that Mondo only releases the stuff they really like for properties they haven't touched before and ignore the other releases instead of pretending that they should only ever release posters for new properties that they personally really like. God knows I don't buy most of the garbage they release.
You know that was sarcasm.

I think already posted why they have so many posters for the same properties. Cliff notes version : they don't seek out 9 artists to cover the same property. Mo said that when they acquire a new license, a ton of people want to do a print for it and that also happens as a license is expiring. Oh and they also want to make $$$$$$. #greedymondo
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 pm

rubberneck wrote:http://t.e2ma.net/message/17z4g/9lse9g
Moar Robocop! :pint:
Robo looks great. Really not digging Lewis though - something looks a little strange.

Overall though, it's pretty sweet.
I Heart Haddonfield.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:48 pm

No bullshit I would love an All About the Benjamin print. Not even joking.
c0bbz
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:07 am

How dare Mondo treat their business like a business.
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 am

c0bbz wrote:How dare Mondo treat their business like a business.

Right, it should be for the fans. :pint:
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:37 am

binky79 wrote:Jock could do a pretty great Robocop too. Hope they release one.
Yes! :clap:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Brian2013
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:08 am

kansasbbq wrote:
binky79 wrote:Jock could do a pretty great Robocop too. Hope they release one.
Yes! :clap:
I'm probably the only one who hates his Joker print lol:P
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:14 am

I'm still waiting for the perfect Total Recall print.
fitz
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:41 am

binky79 wrote:So whats wrong with variety? Or having it treated by your favorite artist? Laurent Durieux did the 2nd Drafthouse poster for Jaws. The Moss was like the 50th Star Wars poster/s. And of Ken Taylors Halloween, NCfOM and Aaron Horkeys There Will Be Blood NONE were the first for that property. I'm not even into Robocop, always thought it was overrated (sorry RN), but these posters look great. Jock could do a pretty great Robocop too. Hope they release one.
Good post - I don't agree that these posters look great (to me) - but nothing wrong with having artists do the same movie if they produce something interesting or that clicks with you - I would love to see a Delort LOTR movie or Frankenstein print for example
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:48 am

outpour wrote:Robocop and Ken Taylor Pt. 1 tomorrow
http://t.e2ma.net/webview/17z4g/0a1a8b5 ... 37d905089d
Sweet link, Mondo...
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:49 am

fitz wrote:
binky79 wrote:So whats wrong with variety? Or having it treated by your favorite artist? Laurent Durieux did the 2nd Drafthouse poster for Jaws. The Moss was like the 50th Star Wars poster/s. And of Ken Taylors Halloween, NCfOM and Aaron Horkeys There Will Be Blood NONE were the first for that property. I'm not even into Robocop, always thought it was overrated (sorry RN), but these posters look great. Jock could do a pretty great Robocop too. Hope they release one.
Good post - I don't agree that these posters look great (to me) - but nothing wrong with having artists do the same movie if they produce something interesting or that clicks with you - I would love to see a Delort LOTR movie or Frankenstein print for example
I think you're spot on with the Delort comment in particular. Those would both be very cool to see done.
MrMattSteinberg
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:59 am

I think all this talk about lisences will stop when we see what they release at SDCC and Mondo Con -- Mondo has always delivered and if we wait I think we will all be happy. Makes me think of that interview Justin gave earlier this year. Mondo might be saturating the market right now by releasing more and more and more posters of the same movies over and over and over again, but when everything sells out, why not? I don't believe for a second that they are not working their butts off to get more and more lisences to release more and more posters. This hobby is only getting stronger! So take a pass today. I know I will. But, I am still always excited to see what is next
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:08 am

I kinda like the blue fight club, but I managed to talk myself out of it. Tough to capture one moment, and for me that isn't it.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.