Particle
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:42 am

+ 2 Version A
+1 Version B
dylansdad
Art Expert

Just one for me, got the amber. Awesome!
guerilladubber
Art Expert

+2's.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:43 am

Mine was stuck on the gray processing screen for a bit, but got the email, and eventually the processing went away...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
charter
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:43 am

+2

JP 4 lyfe
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:44 am

Bleh, just stuck debating...I do love the soundtrack and the Richard artwork especially (one of my first poster loves) the wife and I would listen the fudge out of it (hell I already hum the theme at random times) but the OCD in me would not be able to handle getting a black instead of the variant (even if it's supposed to sound better). Ah first-world problems...
Last edited by jkw3000 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
cerebus
Art Expert

dylansdad wrote:Just one for me, got the amber. Awesome!
Particle
Art Expert

wolverine181 wrote:From Mitchell on Facebook:
You know, I sometimes miss the days where I could say what I wanted, and nobody cared. Today I voiced my opinion on some "art" related things, and got blasted for it, apparently it's "unprofessional". As if 24 hours a day, in all facets of my life I'm required to be "professional". A standard that I am supposed to hold myself to, yet the people who point their fingers, are not. It's a weird double standard that I find quite irritating.
I've always had a hard time holding my tongue, ever since I could remember, and I've done my best to have restraint, but every once in awhile it slips. I probably should have moseyed on today, but I couldn't. I feel like I worked hard to get to where I am, albeit with a bit of luck and some good friends to help me along the way. When I see people trying to take shortcuts in their career only to over-saturate the market with more uninspired, lazy art, I take offense to that. Heaven forbid I actually speak my mind about a topic I am well versed in.
I like to think I'm a nice guy, maybe a bit of a smart ass, but I prefer to be kind to people when I can. That being said, I don't think that means I have to sit idly by while the life gets sucked out of a genre of art that I feel very much attached to.
If I offended anyone today, I apologize, but in all fairness, you struck first.
... only to over-saturate the market with more uninspired, lazy art, I take offense to that. ...
^ He wasn't selling them Mike!
Particle
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:45 am

jkw3000 wrote:Bleh, just stuck debating...I do love the soundtrack and the Richard artwork especially (one of my first poster loves) the wife and I would listen the fudge out of it (hell I already hum the theme at random times) but the OCD in me would not be able to handle getting a black instead of the variant (even if it's supposed to sound better). Ah first-world problems...
So then get the Amber. :P
Subwire
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:46 am

+1 Amber. Stoked :pint:
DAHeggy
Art Enthusiast

If anyone was able to pick up an extra amber vinyl I'll gladly take it off your hands
jkw3000
EB Team

Particle wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Bleh, just stuck debating...I do love the soundtrack and the Richard artwork especially (one of my first poster loves) the wife and I would listen the fudge out of it (hell I already hum the theme at random times) but the OCD in me would not be able to handle getting a black instead of the variant (even if it's supposed to sound better). Ah first-world problems...
So then get the Amber. :P
Sold out. :P Plus the Richard artwork is one of my favorite pieces ever for a movie poster. Again, totally whining, but compared to the twitter crap... :roll:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am

You know, I sometimes miss the days where I could say what I wanted, and nobody cared. Today I voiced my opinion on some "art" related things, and got blasted for it, apparently it's "unprofessional". As if 24 hours a day, in all facets of my life I'm required to be "professional". A standard that I am supposed to hold myself to, yet the people who point their fingers, are not. It's a weird double standard that I find quite irritating.
I've always had a hard time holding my tongue, ever since I could remember, and I've done my best to have restraint, but every once in awhile it slips. I probably should have moseyed on today, but I couldn't. I feel like I worked hard to get to where I am, albeit with a bit of luck and some good friends to help me along the way. When I see people trying to take shortcuts in their career only to over-saturate the market with more uninspired, lazy art, I take offense to that. Heaven forbid I actually speak my mind about a topic I am well versed in.
I like to think I'm a nice guy, maybe a bit of a smart ass, but I prefer to be kind to people when I can. That being said, I don't think that means I have to sit idly by while the life gets sucked out of a genre of art that I feel very much attached to.
If I offended anyone today, I apologize, but in all fairness, you struck first.
I'll give credit where credit is due - he definitely has gone far in the art world, with his sales success & Mondo gallery show.

BUT, when he says this:

"When I see people trying to take shortcuts in their career only to over-saturate the market with more uninspired, lazy art, I take offense to that."

I would argue that the market for profile portraits, supers, and JLU's is about as saturated as it gets.
I Heart Haddonfield.
keefdotorg
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am

I'm pretty baffled that 1k copies of that record sold out that quickly. That's a hell of a lot of records.

EDIT: Of course, the record is hell of awesome. I GOT MINE JACK
Last edited by keefdotorg on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:48 am

Mike M. gives the name Mike, followed by a last name that also begins with an "M", a bad name.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.