Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:21 am

jampar5000 wrote:Anyone had one of these before?

Having something sent over from the states, but nothing is coming up on the UK service sites. The USPS says it has had an attempted delivery:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 97132265US

not entirely sure who to contact. weird.
http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

Your tracked items details
Reference number: LZ197132265US
Date Time Status Track point
31/05/14 07:46 UNDELIVERED31/05/14 STOCKWELL PDO
31/05/14 07:46 HELD AT ENQUIRY OFF STOCKWELL PDO
31/05/14 06:37 RECEIVED AT PDOSTOCKWELL PDO STOCKWELL PDO
31/05/14 05:24 RECEIVED ATJUBILEE MAIL CENTRE JUBILEE MAIL CENTRE
31/05/14 04:09 DESPATCHABLE TOSTOCKWELL PDO JUBILEE MAIL CENTRE
30/05/14 13:42 DESPATCHABLE TOJUBILEE MAIL CENTRE HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC
My up to date trades and ISOs.
jampar5000
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:23 am

thanks dude! no idea how you did that! weird!
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:23 am

jampar5000 wrote:thanks dude! no idea how you did that! weird!
Always use the trackdetails one. The other shows sod all. :lol:
HotDogBassa
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:30 am

Hey everyone, just wanted some feedback on some potential frame ups I'll be getting done during the summer. I wanted to try something a little different compared to my initial framed Stouts so I'm opting to use different mouldings. Also has anyone framed two of the same prints but different editions, regular and variant next to each other? I wanna try it with the Taylor Fight Club prints. I also want to frame my Taylor Drive, which I haven't seen many framed besides the regular black mat and black frame. I wanted to match the colour of the driver's jacket with the accent of the frame, I'm a little undecided on how it looks, any feedback will be appreciated and is anyone trying to get hold of anything from the Taylor Show, I like the NCFOM but not enough to warrant $400.

Framed stouts for reference

Image2013-10-11 16.34.46 HDR by belalbassa, on Flickr

ImageScreen Shot 2014-06-02 at 18.42.16 by belalbassa, on Flickr

ImageScreen Shot 2014-06-02 at 17.58.06 by belalbassa, on Flickr

ImageScreen Shot 2014-06-02 at 18.43.48 by belalbassa, on Flickr
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:37 am

I quite like all of them actually.

And I didn't pick anything up from the Taylor show. I want Catwoman, but I have a real problem these days paying double for just released prints. I know it's how it works blah, blah...but it sticks in my craw. So I bought something from the Rhys Cooper/Spoke Art show from source.
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:55 am

Not a fan of the mount colours and the white on the Fight Clubs. I'd go more :

or

and

LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:01 am

DISCLAIMER! I am a little colour blind.
HotDogBassa
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:29 am

1nkling, you've got it spot on, I never knew you could change the gold trim, they look perfect now, thanks for that. Any amendments on the Drive? And I think I might get both of the Taylor Fight Clubs and frame them next to each other, luckily they're not flipping for loads and maybe I can get them straight from Mondo.

On a separate note anyone looking for some of the original portraits from Mike Mitchell's first show, I've got 3 that I need to sell quickly, they've all got one corner dinged but nothing too serious, shoot me an offer if you're interested

On a side side note, have I missed the Delort Nosferatu, if not when is it dropping? That print looks amazing

1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:37 am

HotDogBassa wrote:1nkling, you've got it spot on, I never knew you could change the gold trim, they look perfect now, thanks for that. Any amendments on the Drive? And I think I might get both of the Taylor Fight Clubs and frame them next to each other, luckily they're not flipping for loads and maybe I can get them straight from Mondo.
Ah, I just changed it up in photoshop. Is the gold trim on the frame moulding? I guess you could use a plainer moulding and go for a triple mount to get the effect I went for.

I kinda avoided the Drive because I don't really like it. :lol: The temptation is always to go with a pink mount in there I guess. I'll have a fiddle.
HotDogBassa
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 am

1nkling wrote:
HotDogBassa wrote:1nkling, you've got it spot on, I never knew you could change the gold trim, they look perfect now, thanks for that. Any amendments on the Drive? And I think I might get both of the Taylor Fight Clubs and frame them next to each other, luckily they're not flipping for loads and maybe I can get them straight from Mondo.
Ah, I just changed it up in photoshop. Is the gold trim on the frame moulding? I guess you could use a plainer moulding and go for a triple mount to get the effect I went for.

I kinda avoided the Drive because I don't really like it. :lol: The temptation is always to go with a pink mount in there I guess. I'll have a fiddle.
Yeah the gold trim is part of the moulding, I generated this through eframes but I'll probably go to my local framer and find something that looks similar to the concept you created.

I'd love to get a pink mount, but I haven't found the right shade to compliment it enough. Do you not like the film? or the print? or both?
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:50 am

The film was good just not too fussed about the prints. I can see why others like them but they're not for me.

Something like this maybe?

I imagine the pink is hard to match, its very neon. A framer may be able to order you something specific.

I've been using - http://makeyourframe.co.uk/startframing.php lately.
xenmate
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:10 am

HotDogBassa wrote:
On a side side note, have I missed the Delort Nosferatu, if not when is it dropping? That print looks amazing
The drop is this Friday at 2pm.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:17 am

This drop will be difficult I fear. Can we pick them up instead? :wink:
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:35 am

I would have thought the reg drop shouldn't be too bad. Don't forget Americans don't like buying stuff from abroad, especially when the translate the £ to $ and have to pay more than $10 postage. And before I sound too Xenophobic, I'd like to point out 2 things... 1. It's true. 2. I'm half American, so I get a free pass :twisted:
By the way, how much will postage be Xen?
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:44 am

Jaspar wrote:I would have thought the reg drop shouldn't be too bad. Don't forget Americans don't like buying stuff from abroad, especially when the translate the £ to $ and have to pay more than $10 postage. And before I sound too Xenophobic, I'd like to point out 2 things... 1. It's true. 2. I'm half American, so I get a free pass :twisted:
By the way, how much will postage be Xen?

True, I am selling some books and so on. And people (well Americans) are bitching about the cost of P&P. I am charging them the exact costs to post. I think when you are used to 90% of purchases coming from the US with cheap rates, anything else is a shock.