Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
fitz
Art Expert

Fri May 30, 2014 5:54 pm

rimmer wrote:Yeah i've seen that, even though he's dropped it
£50 i dont think the mediums that strong to warrant
half that, not for me anyways
I have to admit I would have been pretty PO'd if I had lined up for all that time and then come away with one of those for my troubles :)

the BIN prices on those Olly Moss game of thrones prints are hilarious - £70 for a single Dany print? still if anyone pays that then its worth the hassle I guess.
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 30, 2014 6:07 pm

fitz wrote:
I have to admit I would have been pretty PO'd if I had lined up for all that time and then come away with one of those for my troubles :)

the BIN prices on those Olly Moss game of thrones prints are hilarious - £70 for a single Dany print? still if anyone pays that then its worth the hassle I guess.
Hey, I'm just browsing through Framing Corner and I read your post mentioning that you've used ezeframe before to try out mount combos. Have you purchased anything from their site? Recommend them?
fitz
Art Expert

Fri May 30, 2014 6:09 pm

dhokes wrote:
fitz wrote:

Hey, I'm just browsing through Framing Corner and I read your post mentioning that you've used ezeframe before to try out mount combos. Have you purchased anything from their site? Recommend them?
the frame I got was pretty good quality I thought and I was happy with it, their white core mounts are apparently acid free but the black core mounts are not (which is pretty common I believe) - the only thing they don't do is have any UV resistant glazing/plexi so it depends how bothered you are by that.
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 30, 2014 6:19 pm

fitz wrote:
dhokes wrote:
fitz wrote:

the frame I got was pretty good quality I thought and I was happy with it, their white core mounts are apparently acid free but the black core mounts are not (which is pretty common I believe) - the only thing they don't do is have any UV resistant glazing/plexi so it depends how bothered you are by that.
Ah cool. I might use them as my budget supplier. :)
simonldt
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 30, 2014 7:06 pm

ezeframe have actually started offering Plexiglas Gallery UV100 (UV protected).
rimmer
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 12:48 am

A lot can happen in a couple of hours, that ncfom poster wow
And the firewatch rollups oooofff
ImageImage
deestar
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 2:06 am

rimmer wrote:A lot can happen in a couple of hours, that ncfom poster wow
Truth. I dig the Ncfom print but not for $350+.

It is classic KT though - is it me or have most of his best work been landscape prints?
fitz
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 3:08 am

A good mondo poster and its an event exclusive - who could have guessed that would be the case...

I just hope the guys with the fire watch posters have some understanding eBay customers
fitz
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 3:11 am

deestar wrote:
Truth. I dig the Ncfom print but not for $350+.

It is classic KT though - is it me or have most of his best work been landscape prints?
Trouble is nothing else from the show is going to flip and those guys have got to make their rent somehow - would love to get one but pointless asking for a PBS especially as all I could offer is a TB PB but as everyone would want anything Olly has it would take away 90% of my own reason for attending and I would rather have that to look forward to than any one poster
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 4:05 am

It seems to me that the NCFOM is just a self fulfilling prophecy. There was buzz buzz buzz about it beforehand and now that it's actually 'real', people will clamour for it and mostly not because of the actual art. If this had been a standard Mondo online release people would have moved on already! I was more interested in Ken's ink drawings - they looked really good.
1nkling
Site Admin

Sat May 31, 2014 4:46 am

dearmrecho wrote:It seems to me that the NCFOM is just a self fulfilling prophecy. There was buzz buzz buzz about it beforehand and now that it's actually 'real', people will clamour for it and mostly not because of the actual art. If this had been a standard Mondo online release people would have moved on already! I was more interested in Ken's ink drawings - they looked really good.
We'll have to see if it goes the same way as the Stout Drive. Although there was less buzz with this and the art stands up better.
My up to date trades and ISOs.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 5:46 am

I bought a print from a guy yesterday. He then asked if I wanted anything from the show as he was popping along. I was like erm not really, maybe a Frankenstein if theres some. This was before the news came out on the new releases.
Face <SLAP>
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 6:52 am

dearmrecho wrote:I was more interested in Ken's ink drawings - they looked really good.

Agree, I would have bought that Catwoman on the spot. I have a couple of Tim Sale sketches and 3 or 4 more by other artists of the character. Someone thought it was expensive. And though it's smallish, that's a perfectly decent price for such a big name. Well IMO at least.
Fattyramone
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:50 pm

The Daily Mirror today reprinted an entire newspaper to commemorate D-Day and in an advert for Mars Bars I noticed this little disclaimer that read

ZONING ..Now restricts Mars to the Southern Counties. Here's hoping for quick victory so everyone can have a Mars bar everywhere

Looks like you Northern monkeys were discriminated against even then? :D

dearmrecho
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Thank god we knocked Fritz on his arse… imagine the horror.