Hardtimes 11 Random

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
misterx
Art Expert

Sat May 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Although I didn't buy one, I prefer the square of this release to the rectangular shape of my 1st.

Why not make them the same dimensions,Kenny, if they are to be seen as companion pieces?
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
tranito
Art Expert

Sat May 24, 2014 6:58 pm

It allows to clearly draw the line, at first sight, between the 1st ed. and the varied editions, instead of mistakingly confusing the original Hardtimes for ''just'' another one among the varied. I like that.

I'm not sure that I have a preference for the square or rectangular shape for this image.. seems to work well with both.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
choke
Art Expert

Sat May 24, 2014 7:10 pm

Since secondary makes 6 figures on sperry alone, I can only imagine how many millions he pulls in on urban/street art. First millionaire made from flipping? I'm jealous.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat May 24, 2014 7:46 pm

No doubt, she is the Mike Reasor of flipping :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 10:46 am

Got shipping refunded on my second purchase without asking.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 11:06 pm

tranito wrote:
IWish wrote:Man, oh man...what a great way to start my week vacation. Just arriving home from the office...getting settled-in - in front of the pc. I'm like a kid, sometimes. The first thing I did was go to Ken's site to see the jpeg of my print, again. Quite sometime ago, someone recommended that I check-out Ken's work and I saw his HT print...loved it and wanted one, ever since. It was always *that* print, for me, one that was out of my reach, price-wise. I still can't believe that I own one.
Even better is that I feel there has been an improvement in the quality of his prints. The original Hardtimes edition is definitly a bit washed out in the flesh compared to the jpeg. I'm sure it wouldn't bother most, but for me it was enough to hurt drastically its chances of getting framed. I felt it was corrected on the 4 Seasons set. I hope these will have the color pop this pic suggests..

I concur. The original was a bit washed, but that didn't deter me from framing it while I owned it. I didn't exactly love that the graffiti on the 1st edition said f.u.c.k. I sold it away a couple yrs ago, but kinda always regretted it and kept track of the print. Totally dropped the ball on the new sale, but bless the secondary market for ppl like me that can't be on their computers around a drop time. Personally, I am excited to land what I believe is a better version.
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
misterx
Art Expert

Fri May 30, 2014 9:26 pm

I'm interested to know exactly where it is on the 1st. Ed. that says f*ck?
I just checked mine, having never noticed it, but cannot see it...
lobotomizer
Art Expert

Fri May 30, 2014 10:41 pm

misterx wrote:I'm interested to know exactly where it is on the 1st. Ed. that says f*ck?
Under kennyrandom above banksy
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri May 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Rectangle orientation of the 1st edition works better than the square IMO. Snoopy's nose needs more room to breathe!
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
misterx
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 12:51 am

lobotomizer wrote:
misterx wrote:I'm interested to know exactly where it is on the 1st. Ed. that says f*ck?
Under kennyrandom above banksy
:D
Thanks!
tranito
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Can't unsee!
The things I keep missing on pieces I've been looking at for such a long time.. Always boggles my mind.. :lol:
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat May 31, 2014 7:59 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Rectangle orientation of the 1st edition works better than the square IMO.
:iagree:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
misterx
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 8:18 pm

tranito wrote:Can't unsee!
The things I keep missing on pieces I've been looking at for such a long time.. Always boggles my mind.. :lol:
+1
IWish
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 8:24 pm

If I had been give the choice between rectangle and square, I would have gone with square. Only because it's a nice change.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:37 am

IWish wrote:If I had been give the choice between rectangle and square, I would have gone with square. Only because it's a nice change.
Plus it is gonna look great next to this
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump