Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu May 29, 2014 12:58 pm

biscocrack420 wrote:where is it for sale, megafauna?
yup
Ladybugjwl
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Too bad there is not a overpriced Hoarfrost or Plighting The Troth for sale on ebay.
Baker wrote: "LBJ, what the fudge does Lyndon B. Johnson have to do with this?!"

Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu May 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Ladybugjwl wrote:Too bad there is not a overpriced Hoarfrost or Plighting The Troth for sale on ebay.
There is an overpriced Hoarfrost in the WT section.
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/stock.php?id=409349

Edit: No points, no pins, no sales, no feedback. Seems like someone to give $1500 to. :roll:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu May 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:HC is one of my top Horkey ISOs, just couldn't swing it at this time. Congrats Datachild.
I had a bid in but forgot to snipe at the close. I'll get on someday.
Xander
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 1:33 pm

partpat wrote:Yeah that type of thing will keep you up at night.
Just like selling my Moalted Foal Generica sticker. Regret it every day.
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 1:35 pm

srdzevon wrote:A very special thing framed with some very special wood. Bubinga for those keeping score.

Triple 8
Just catching up. This a beautiful frame-up!
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Ladybugjwl wrote:Too bad there is not a overpriced Hoarfrost or Plighting The Troth for sale on ebay.
perhaps those two fall into the 'rarities' that he was looking for when he bought the collection. maybe it's just me, but the whole 'story' behind the auctions seems a tad fishy as it seems that things like a remarqued Converge 04, Tallow and Sunn 03 would be the types of things you'd buy a collection like that for, yet there they are being offered up to the highest bidder.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu May 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Bralumian wrote:
perhaps those two fall into the 'rarities' that he was looking for when he bought the collection. maybe it's just me, but the whole 'story' behind the auctions seems a tad fishy as it seems that things like a remarqued Converge 04, Tallow and Sunn 03 would be the types of things you'd buy a collection like that for, yet there they are being offered up to the highest bidder.
He might not have even been after the Horkey part of the collection at all. We don't know. But knowing the seller, if whatever collection he bought had some rare Seattle punk/hardcore stuff, or anything else he had to have, he'd probably grab the whole pile just to keep what he wanted from getting away -- and it's not like it's hard to get your money back on Horkey rarities right now, and he'd know that. We're Horkey freaks so we assume that was the reason he bought everything, but Ryan's a drymounting rad dude in my book and I don't want to guess at his motivations based on how I see the world. I could totally see that dude buying out the whole collection just for that one Kleinsmith he didn't want us to know about...
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 2:59 pm

^ Agreed on all counts.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 3:00 pm

mistersmith wrote:
Bralumian wrote:
He might not have even been after the Horkey part of the collection at all. We don't know. But knowing the seller, if whatever collection he bought had some rare Seattle punk/hardcore stuff, or anything else he had to have, he'd probably grab the whole pile just to keep what he wanted from getting away -- and it's not like it's hard to get your money back on Horkey rarities right now, and he'd know that. We're Horkey freaks so we assume that was the reason he bought everything, but Ryan's a drymounting rad dude in my book and I don't want to guess at his motivations based on how I see the world. I could totally see that dude buying out the whole collection just for that one Kleinsmith he didn't want us to know about...
I once bought a lot of 6 shitty tshirts just to get one Horkey RVCA.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 3:04 pm

Ha. I bought a large package of crap from Forensics Records for a Horkey shirt.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 3:12 pm

ceevee wrote:Ha. I bought a large package of crap from Forensics Records for a Horkey shirt.
No i got that one stand alone :D

And thanks for the compliments on the frame! :pint:
ImageX5 Hodor Image
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 4:47 pm

3 offers on the MWH... Get out of it people. Just leave it!
Ladybugjwl
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Just curious if anyone has made any offers? Is the seller sticking close to the prices he listed?
Baker wrote: "LBJ, what the fudge does Lyndon B. Johnson have to do with this?!"

smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu May 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Ladybugjwl wrote:Just curious if anyone has made any offers? Is the seller sticking close to the prices he listed?
I have.
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".