General art-related discussion.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 2:45 pm

Yep, Rhys is the man.
fitz
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 2:48 pm

these remind me of the Stout/Taylor show prints - lots of decent prints but nothing that blows you out of the water - I like the fight club the most but I wouldn't see myself wanting to hang any of these - the flippers better get on those Olly Moss firewatch prints if they want to make their rent this month :P
pistolpete314
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 28, 2014 2:59 pm

damn i love ken taylor and fight club but that poster does nothing for me, i want to like it but idk its nothing great. nice to see fight club get some love
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 3:07 pm

The Frankenstein is sweet, just not for me. Fight Club reg color scheme is awesome, and I love how the reg and the variant differ on which character is in the picture, but also probably not for me. I am much happier with my N.E.'s FC, no need to track this down.
Ainshol
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 28, 2014 3:24 pm

So Maleficent print or A million ways to die in the west print on Friday?
ImageImageImage ImageImage
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Ainshol wrote:So Maleficent print or A million ways to die in the west print on Friday?
Bikejoh wrote:Here are your Maleficent prints, thank Rhys Cooper.

Ainshol
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Bikejoh wrote:
Ainshol wrote:So Maleficent print or A million ways to die in the west print on Friday?
Bikejoh wrote:Here are your Maleficent prints, thank Rhys Cooper.

I meant by mondo. I live in the SF area so I am well aware of these. Miranda Kerr Rogue FTW!
ImageImageImage ImageImage
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 28, 2014 3:39 pm

fitz wrote:these remind me of the Stout/Taylor show prints - lots of decent prints but nothing that blows you out of the water - I like the fight club the most but I wouldn't see myself wanting to hang any of these - the flippers better get on those Olly Moss firewatch prints if they want to make their rent this month :P

I disagree, pretty much every KT print at that show was a home run. There's still time though.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 3:41 pm

phantomforce wrote:
fitz wrote:these remind me of the Stout/Taylor show prints - lots of decent prints but nothing that blows you out of the water - I like the fight club the most but I wouldn't see myself wanting to hang any of these - the flippers better get on those Olly Moss firewatch prints if they want to make their rent this month :P

I disagree, pretty much every KT print at that show was a home run. There's still time though.
Curious as to which ones you consider home runs? I'm going to assume this one fo sho

ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
brettlv5506
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 28, 2014 3:42 pm

That was the show with the Metropolis print. That print was amazing.
MengFong93
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 28, 2014 3:48 pm

SlowlyTyped wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:
Solar wrote:
SaintNoir wrote:Really dig the Frankenstein. Will attempt to secure a reg. Think that Fight Club is one of the best posters for the film. Really strong work. Don't have to have it (doesn't go with my house), but really strong.
Really? I think that's one of the weakest. A house with a tiny Ed Norton-ish figure in front of it does not scream 'Fight Club' to me. Re-title it and it could be used for a hundred different movies. I was excited when I saw the tweet, but nope.
Have to agree with Solar here. I feel the print is really lacking and I don't think the house should be the focal point of the print.
Thought it was a nice Psycho reference.

This is rad, definitely going to look for the drop.
jkw3000 wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:What happened to this print? Everyone is selling it.
bikewrecked wrote:Everyone realized they didn't want to hang a poster of Javier Bardem in a bowlcut on their wall.
Newbie collector in Training.
spankman
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 3:48 pm

ffactoryxx wrote:I love Predator prints but this one is kind of Meh..
KT's Predator print did not look like this in my dreams. :cry: :cry: :cry:
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
lsmith55
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 3:50 pm

All great artwork and I can certainly appreciate the effort, but no must-haves. I am sensing that there will be plenty of leftovers to go around.

My one critique- I have really enjoyed when Ken has more fun with the colors versus this muted approach. These are all pretty bland colorwise across the board aside from maybe catwoman.
Last edited by lsmith55 on Wed May 28, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed May 28, 2014 3:52 pm

I just hope i can get my hands on a that dark Predator piece. Thing is sex-E.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
akbeyond
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 28, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm glad he did a Children of Men print. Those are too few.