LV Child 05 Beejoir

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:09 am

yeah, I guess I got really lucky...
they were very helpful and actually called me after I emailed them...
I hope this all works out for everyone, especially the charity...
fudge
iratasan
Flipper

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:40 pm

cerebus wrote:Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings on this one, but the gallery that you bought the statues from is about to go out of business. There is also a huge amount of anger directed at the owner of the gallery as it appears that a large percentage of the money that was intended to go to the Mercy Center Charity has gone missing, though there are strong rumors that it went up the gallery owners nose.

Check out these threads:

http://banksyforum.proboards82.com/inde ... read=22243

http://banksyforum.proboards82.com/inde ... read=22299

Most of the members there are filing claims with their cc companies.

Taper, it looks like you were very lucky in this instance.
seems like i don't always yell "hypocrisy" when it comes to those "charity" things for nothing.
libertarian

Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:42 am

NASTY turn of events at Leonard Street particularly in regards to the donation aspect of the LV sculptures.

http://www.artcunt.com/
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:27 am

libertarian wrote:NASTY turn of events at Leonard Street particularly in regards to the donation aspect of the LV sculptures.

I'll quote it here incase that page dissapears...
I am very sad indeed to say that yes the Leonard St Gallery does owe me a large sum of money, many tens of thousands in fact, even sadder though is the fact that most of that money is owed to The Mercy Centre Foundation a charitable organization that I have helped and followed for some time now. www.mercycentre.org

The gallery knew when they asked me if they could produce a sculptured edition of the LV Child for charity that they would never be able to pay me for it, and that it was just another bit of quick cash to pay the next person off, maybe the artist before me, or the artist before them or even the artist before them, it’s a long line believe me! Not only could they knowingly never pay me, the logistics of releasing a hand finished edition of that scale without them not being produced first did not only make me look bad as the artist, it made many of the people who supported me over the years angry at having to wait months for them to be delivered, and now in light of the Leonard St closing its still leaving people empty handed. If you have been stiffed like I have by them and can’t get your money back through your credit card company.

I’ll do my best with the remaining statues that I HOPE to have returned to me, to see you right.

On a very dark note, it seems that not one penny of the tens of thousands of pounds raised through this will now ever make it to the Children of Klong Toey. I have been promised by the gallery Director James Golding that even though the Gallery is going bust, that he will see me right and pay me out of his own pocket the money that he owes me as well as the other artists, but due to being fed lies upon lies upon lies this past year I believe its just another crock of fudge created to keep people off of his back.

Trusting a bunch of wannabe Nathan Barley Shoreditch trendy’s was a bad idea, I take my hat off to a good friend and graffiti artist for warning me off people like this, but due to my lack of British television in Asia I was blind to the ‘’Barley’s’’ I am however now up to speed with this type and will avoid them in the future thanks to him. (Sorry Dred, you were right, I owe you a Vinnies).

If your reading this Mr Golding, which no doubt you will, you’ve lied to me, shook my hand then broken deals, and continued to drymount me knowingly for months now, not only have you done it to me, but you have done it to many other artists, clients and dealers. It’s a drymounting wake up call James, stop living your millionaire art dealers life style on other peoples money, stop believing your own lies, and sort everyone the drymount out with all of the sly dosh you've made by selling my canvases without me knowing and art collection you’ve built up.

A classic quote, '' telling anyone about this or making it public won't help you or anyone else get their money back'' Thats what they all drymounting say!........... Dealing with any of the clowns associated with this gallery will just end in you loosing your money for their enjoyments.

I hold no blame what so ever on the wonderful staff at The Leonard St Gallery, all of them have been a huge help and very plesant people to work with, I feel very sorry indeed for them to have to deal with this mess the gallery owners have created with their lies and bad management, and wish them the best of luck in finding new jobs, I'd vouch for any of you.

*** If anyone needs, names, telephone numbers and addresses please contact me at root`at`artcunt.com***
rsyok
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 13, 2010 4:37 am

Would a moderator please remove last sale listing (£1000) it has been relisted due to non payment.
BILLYTHEKID
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Mods can the red japanese unsigned edition be added?
spiderdijon
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:42 am

BILLYTHEKID wrote:Mods can the red japanese unsigned edition be added?

Yep could this be done? Thanks
BILLYTHEKID
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:17 am

automator
Nobody

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:59 pm

New image LV Child 05 Beejoir

iktinous
New User

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:47 pm

electrachrome wrote:
libertarian wrote:NASTY turn of events at Leonard Street particularly in regards to the donation aspect of the LV sculptures.

I'll quote it here incase that page dissapears...
I am very sad indeed to say that yes the Leonard St Gallery does owe me a large sum of money, many tens of thousands in fact, even sadder though is the fact that most of that money is owed to The Mercy Centre Foundation a charitable organization that I have helped and followed for some time now. http://www.mercycentre.org

The gallery knew when they asked me if they could produce a sculptured edition of the LV Child for charity that they would never be able to pay me for it, and that it was just another bit of quick cash to pay the next person off, maybe the artist before me, or the artist before them or even the artist before them, it’s a long line believe me! Not only could they knowingly never pay me, the logistics of releasing a hand finished edition of that scale without them not being produced first did not only make me look bad as the artist, it made many of the people who supported me over the years angry at having to wait months for them to be delivered, and now in light of the Leonard St closing its still leaving people empty handed. If you have been stiffed like I have by them and can’t get your money back through your credit card company.

I’ll do my best with the remaining statues that I HOPE to have returned to me, to see you right.

On a very dark note, it seems that not one penny of the tens of thousands of pounds raised through this will now ever make it to the Children of Klong Toey. I have been promised by the gallery Director James Golding that even though the Gallery is going bust, that he will see me right and pay me out of his own pocket the money that he owes me as well as the other artists, but due to being fed lies upon lies upon lies this past year I believe its just another crock of fudge created to keep people off of his back.

Trusting a bunch of wannabe Nathan Barley Shoreditch trendy’s was a bad idea, I take my hat off to a good friend and graffiti artist for warning me off people like this, but due to my lack of British television in Asia I was blind to the ‘’Barley’s’’ I am however now up to speed with this type and will avoid them in the future thanks to him. (Sorry Dred, you were right, I owe you a Vinnies).

If your reading this Mr Golding, which no doubt you will, you’ve lied to me, shook my hand then broken deals, and continued to drymount me knowingly for months now, not only have you done it to me, but you have done it to many other artists, clients and dealers. It’s a drymounting wake up call James, stop living your millionaire art dealers life style on other peoples money, stop believing your own lies, and sort everyone the drymount out with all of the sly dosh you've made by selling my canvases without me knowing and art collection you’ve built up.

A classic quote, '' telling anyone about this or making it public won't help you or anyone else get their money back'' Thats what they all drymounting say!........... Dealing with any of the clowns associated with this gallery will just end in you loosing your money for their enjoyments.

I hold no blame what so ever on the wonderful staff at The Leonard St Gallery, all of them have been a huge help and very plesant people to work with, I feel very sorry indeed for them to have to deal with this mess the gallery owners have created with their lies and bad management, and wish them the best of luck in finding new jobs, I'd vouch for any of you.

*** If anyone needs, names, telephone numbers and addresses please contact me at root`at`artcunt.com***
James Golding is currently setting up a new gallery, 'Pertwee, Anderson Gold'.
His details:
james@pertweeandersongold.com

Pertwee, Anderson & Gold
James Golding
Mobile: + 44 (0)7939 755 351
automator
Nobody

Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:26 pm

New image LV Child 05 Beejoir

whatson
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:51 am

Finally got this giftprint from Beejoir framed and up on the wall in my new crib.
Should've happened ages ago! :P

automator
Nobody

Tue May 20, 2014 6:11 pm

New image LV Child 05 Beejoir - Reverse