LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 pm

yea megabucks is a canadian company, they try to really promote that at events too, they had a huge booth at NYCC last year, free hot wheels, halo and barbie minifies, tons to go around, just wished it was legos though :(
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri May 09, 2014 10:22 pm

nsd wrote: I assume the quality is alright.
Don't hold your breath...
rmoore wrote:It's time to dump all your megabloks on the floor and do the barefoot walk of shame on them. Or start your own megablok thread. :P
LOVE this idea! :wink:

My kids have gotten a set or two of megabloks (one as a gift, and I think my wife had to review one for her blog once), and they didn't last long. Both because of the build quality (they fell apart fast, but then again, my kids play rough with stuff at times), and maybe somebody kept throwing away a few of the bricks every day until they all...disappeared.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
mobius006
Art Freak

Sat May 10, 2014 1:55 am

Hahahahh
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 10, 2014 9:19 am

Just got into Star Wars-lego for myself, got the Tie Fighter,
Venator-class Attack Cruiser and The Malevolence.
So, what should be next?
Deadareus
Art Expert

Sat May 10, 2014 9:36 am

Lamarider wrote:Just got into Star Wars-lego for myself, got the Tie Fighter,
Venator-class Attack Cruiser and The Malevolence.
So, what should be next?
I would grab the $60 x wing that's out now. It's rad.

Unless you plan on grabbing the $199 UCS version. Which is rad-er.
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Yeah, well it's a $100 over here...
But I'm buying all my lego used or through Bricklink.
Goin for Jabbas Palace, Rancor Pit, Sail Barge & Desert Skiff!
xangelx
Art Expert

Sun May 11, 2014 4:14 pm

If any of you are still feeling up bags for Simpsons, I found this guide today, should make things easier.

http://unusual-encounters.blogspot.co.u ... psons.html
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Sun May 11, 2014 5:07 pm

xangelx wrote:If any of you are still feeling up bags for Simpsons, I found this guide today, should make things easier.

http://unusual-encounters.blogspot.co.u ... psons.html
Sweet!
nsd
Art Expert

Sun May 11, 2014 7:15 pm

This guy is mostly right on, we felt up over 100. The only slight additions I'd add are: Chief's hat is the only thing shaped remotely like it so we used that as the item to feel for and the wheels under Bart's skateboard are a dead give away, flexible with two wheels on it.

The bump codes are not worth the effort. They are hard to read, sometimes on the wrong side of the bag and worst of all sometimes they are the wrong codes.
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
starkdesign
Art Expert

Sun May 11, 2014 7:47 pm

nsd wrote:This guy is mostly right on, we felt up over 100. The only slight additions I'd add are: Chief's hat is the only thing shaped remotely like it so we used that as the item to feel for and the wheels under Bart's skateboard are a dead give away, flexible with two wheels on it.

The bump codes are not worth the effort. They are hard to read, sometimes on the wrong side of the bag and worst of all sometimes they are the wrong codes.
I second this. Chief's hat is a pointy octagon, really easy to find.

And I used to be a full on believer of the bump codes, but after a few series, graduated to total feeling up pro. Bump codes are lies! :wink:

(seriously though, ditch the codes, they are almost indistinguishable now and half the time wrong)

I also wouldn't be surprised if the next series is all very similar with similar accessories, just to drymount us over after this easy one!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Deadareus
Art Expert

Sun May 11, 2014 9:09 pm

Tried the codes once but quickly went with the feel method. I've only ended up with duplicates on two occasions since series 5.

There really hasn't been a series without distinguishable accessories for each figure. The 2x2 tile in 4 separate figures for this series was the hardest I can think of since I've been collecting.

I would hate to see a trend of less recognizable accessories in future series. I already spend enough time feeling bags.

:hanging:
ajmmck
Art Expert

Sun May 11, 2014 10:58 pm

Not sure if posted but awesome concept!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_wil ... otostream/

Subwire
Art Expert

Sun May 11, 2014 11:02 pm

I need mr burns to finish my simpsons mini set.

I have Flanders, Ralphie, Grandpa, Itchy, Homer, Apu to trade or sale.
jwoods
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 12, 2014 4:49 am

ajmmck wrote:Not sure if posted but awesome concept!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_wil ... otostream/

need
mcnail wrote:Perhaps you should find a new hobby. I hear pogs are coming back.
mushetphoto
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 12, 2014 5:30 am

Just spotted another gem on that flicker gallery, albeit not exactly kid friendly: https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/brian_wil ... 951364620/

Apologies for lazy linking but I'm on my phone and my fat digits can barely copy and paste a link...