Grzegorz Domaradzki - Bitchin' Movie Posters

General art-related discussion.
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2014 1:30 pm

" Since, these posters are already officially licensed and fully approved, the regular and variant posters will be screen printed no matter what happens with the Kickstarter and they will be eventually available for purchase..."

Why do a Kickstarter then if that were the case?

" But here's the sad part :cry: The blue/orange Kickstarter Exclusive version will not be available outside of Kickstarter. So if the project does not succeed the Kickstarter variant edition will never be produced."

So, you're saying that the Kickstarter will actually fund the Kickstarter Exclusive since the reg and the variant will be produced regardless of the outcome of the Kickstarter.

" So if only 5 people buy the Kickstarter Exclusive version, then the overall print run for that version will be 5."

But I thought you said that " if the project does not succeed the Kickstarter variant edition will never be produced"?

"Also, if this Kickstarter project does not succeed, the production timeline will be seriously delayed because the kickstarter funds help pay the production costs for the Zorro posters."

But you said that these licensed prints will be screen printed regardless of the Kickstarter outcome? How does it affect production cost if it's going to be produced from the get-go?

Just wondering...
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2014 2:29 pm

dzxtink You need to fix up your site dude its confusing as hell or maybe im insane :drool:
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2014 2:55 pm

wizzack wrote:this is pretty awesome

Michael Jordan
Autographed Art created by Poland-based artist Gabz

http://www.rareink.com/chicago-bulls-mi ... -gabz.html

damn this is tempting.
ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
dzxtinkt
Art Enthusiast

Mon May 05, 2014 10:07 pm

Froilan wrote:" Since, these posters are already officially licensed and fully approved, the regular and variant posters will be screen printed no matter what happens with the Kickstarter and they will be eventually available for purchase..."

" But here's the sad part :cry: The blue/orange Kickstarter Exclusive version will not be available outside of Kickstarter. So if the project does not succeed the Kickstarter variant edition will never be produced."

So, you're saying that the Kickstarter will actually fund the Kickstarter Exclusive since the reg and the variant will be produced regardless of the outcome of the Kickstarter.

" So if only 5 people buy the Kickstarter Exclusive version, then the overall print run for that version will be 5."

But I thought you said that " if the project does not succeed the Kickstarter variant edition will never be produced"?

"Also, if this Kickstarter project does not succeed, the production timeline will be seriously delayed because the kickstarter funds help pay the production costs for the Zorro posters."

But you said that these licensed prints will be screen printed regardless of the Kickstarter outcome? How does it affect production cost if it's going to be produced from the get-go?

Just wondering...

Ok Frolian, looks like we've managed to confuse you, so let us clarify.

1." Since, these posters are already officially licensed and fully approved, the regular and variant posters will be screen printed no matter what happens with the Kickstarter and they will be eventually available for purchase..."

We've decided to do a Kickstarter, because like most new companies-we don't have a ton of money so the Kickstarter funds really help cover production costs, licensing, packaging, etc. The posters will be produced no matter what because they are already approved. We just need the kickstarter funding to help us finish the job which is to bring the posters to the market.

2." But here's the sad part :cry: The blue/orange Kickstarter Exclusive version will not be available outside of Kickstarter. So if the project does not succeed the Kickstarter variant edition will never be produced."

The goal of the Kickstarter is to fund all 3 posters. All the money raised will go towards producing all 3 posters. The Kickstarter Exclusive is a special incentive that is only available through Kickstarter.

3. " So if only 5 people buy the Kickstarter Exclusive version, then the overall print run for that version will be 5."

Yes, thats correct. If the project does not succeed, the Kickstarter variant will never be produced. We're just saying that the print run will be 5----IF the project succeeds.

4. "Also, if this Kickstarter project does not succeed, the production timeline will be seriously delayed because the kickstarter funds help pay the production costs for the Zorro posters."

We're not saying that the production costs will change. We're saying the production timeline will change. Regardless of what happens, we will do whatever it takes to produce the posters, its just that we will struggle a bit to do so because we won't have any financial help. So we have to cover all the costs on our own.

Frolian, I hope we've answered all of your questions. If you need further clarification, please don't hesitate to ask away :D We're here to help. Thanks a bunch!
dzxtinkt
Art Enthusiast

Mon May 05, 2014 10:09 pm

skullyland wrote:dzxtink You need to fix up your site dude its confusing as hell or maybe im insane :drool:
Hey Skullyland. Thanks for the feedback. Can you let us know what's confusing about our site so that we can do our best to fix it?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 05, 2014 10:20 pm

This is brilliant. Get EBers to pay for your Gabz commission. Then sell the posters to other EBers for pure profit.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon May 05, 2014 10:22 pm

Codeblue wrote:This is brilliant. Get EBers to pay for your Gabz commission. Then sell the posters to other EBers for pure profit.
No :-P ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 05, 2014 10:23 pm

I was doing that fudge before ya ever knew what a Mondo was.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon May 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Codeblue wrote:I was doing that fudge before ya ever knew what a Mondo was.
When Mondo was just an itch in Tim Leagues pants...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon May 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Good rig?
FlapJack
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2014 10:35 pm

dzxtinkt wrote:We just need the kickstarter funding to help us finish the job which is to bring the posters to the market.
So, in other words, printing the posters.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon May 05, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm just curious how many people would actually buy this.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
pisker
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2014 10:47 pm

You guys are aweful. Good on you Dzxtinkt for being able to pull this off. I support you. best of luck on your business!
My Noob Confession: I used to actually type out "Drymount"
charter
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2014 10:56 pm

Codeblue wrote:This is brilliant. Get EBers to pay for your Gabz commission. Then sell the posters to other EBers for pure profit.
hahahahaha
cgmarshall
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2014 11:12 pm

Not a huge fan of the film, but as a movie poster the art is brilliant.
In my opinion Gabz is up in the same league as Durieux, Stout, Moss, Taylor and Ansin when it comes to movie posters.

I will probably get a reg & variant when they get made, but not very interested in Kickstarter Exclusive edition.

I agree tho. Good on you Dzxtinkt for making it happen, and I hope he continues to 'help design cooler movie posters'.