Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:08 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
jlabbate wrote:I do wish they would push back the film to Summer 21016..even though it's over 18months away..it doesn't seem like it will be enough timem to get all the post preduction/sfx done..i'd rather they take their time and get it right..as i really don't want another set of prequels :vomit:
This. The movie's not going to be as good or as polished as it should be because they're putting the rush on it. Buncha greedy bitches :?
Once they start shooting and JJ realizes it wont be done in time, he'll have them push it back.
matowest
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:09 pm

So, I guess we'll be getting The Visitor vinyl release before JP?
sgillane
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:10 pm

rubberneck
Art God

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Listening Party...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:12 pm

omgkitty wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
jlabbate wrote:I do wish they would push back the film to Summer 21016..even though it's over 18months away..it doesn't seem like it will be enough timem to get all the post preduction/sfx done..i'd rather they take their time and get it right..as i really don't want another set of prequels :vomit:
This. The movie's not going to be as good or as polished as it should be because they're putting the rush on it. Buncha greedy bitches :?
Once they start shooting and JJ realizes it wont be done in time, he'll have them push it back.
I seriously doubt he has that much pull. They will pressure him to put it out...
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Richard and McCarthy, nice choices.

And not an SDCC exclusive to boot. WOOOO
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:15 pm

omgkitty wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
I sure hope so...I kept reading about the suits over at Fox, be very insistant that this be out by xmas 2015 to keep investors happy
jeter0204
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:29 pm

That Dilophosaurus Vinyl variant looks freakin amazing :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

But looks like it will be Amber version for me. Might pick the other up on the after market though....don't like the random aspect

I'm assuming the Amber will be available during the gallery listening party???
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:34 pm

jeter0204 wrote:That Dilophosaurus Vinyl variant looks freakin amazing :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

But looks like it will be Amber version for me. Might pick the other up on the after market though....don't like the random aspect

I'm assuming the Amber will be available during the gallery listening party???
I agree, that Dilophosaurus variant is rad as drymount! I might go for the after market, too.
milligan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:34 pm

If they have everything planned correctly, then they could have it out and it be good quality. The shooting/post production is a like a machine. I doubt Disney would let it be like episode 1 all over again... hopefully... please god... :hanging:
Awesome
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:38 pm

The movie is going to suck, everybody has to be real here. Abrams was a bad pick and the three geezers won't fit in well because they don't want to be there, they feel obligated to do this. The rest of the cast has no idea what they are in for, this movie is going to destroy their already early careers. There's a reason why big hollywood actors and directors turned this movie down.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Awesome wrote:The movie is going to suck, everybody has to be real here. Abrams was a bad pick and the three geezers won't fit in well because they don't want to be there, they feel obligated to do this. The rest of the cast has no idea what they are in for, this movie is going to destroy their already early careers. There's a reason why big hollywood actors and directors turned this movie down.
Holy fudge! You must be the Nostradamus or the movie world!. You haven't seen the script, concept art, or footage from the movie, but you are able to tell by a few actors and crew members that the film is going to suck! :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: I'm sure all the major studios are just beating at your door trying to recruit you to work for them :eh:
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
Awesome
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:45 pm

jeter0204 wrote:
Awesome wrote:The movie is going to suck, everybody has to be real here. Abrams was a bad pick and the three geezers won't fit in well because they don't want to be there, they feel obligated to do this. The rest of the cast has no idea what they are in for, this movie is going to destroy their already early careers. There's a reason why big hollywood actors and directors turned this movie down.
Holy fudge! You must be the Nostradamus or the movie world!. You haven't seen the script, concept art, or footage from the movie, but you are able to tell by a few actors and crew members that the film is going to suck! :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: I'm sure all the major studios are just beating at your door trying to recruit you to work for them :eh:
The Internet,

serious business.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:50 pm

I finally watched The Amazing Spider-Man. Then I watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

They're okay. Not as bad as I expected; I didn't hate them. There's some stuff to like, but all kinds of issues too. They are 2 of the most ridiculous movies of all-time for suspension of disbelief. I like Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, but some of their scenes get super cheesy. The effects were better than expected, especially in 2. I was willing to go for the ride in 2 until a little past the halfway mark. Then it lost me. It's no Spiderman 2 or Cap2. The last big action scene in Amazing 2 was terrible.

I wish they would tighten them up. The supporting characters are 2 dimensional as drymount and there's just so much dumb fudge in the movies. Like in the first one, I hate that part when the guy Spidey saved earlier decides to help Spiderman and procures a huge crane in the middle of the night in like 5 minutes and it just happens to be in the place that Spiderman needs to be saved. Stupid! Annoying!

One thing I don't like about superhero movies is that everybody is basically superman now. Spiderman and Captain America seem to have ridiculous super strengths and are doing all kinds of stuff I didn't realize they were capable of. I also don't like that each movie tries to outdo the rest and it makes them all over-the-top. Amazing 2 suffers from 'too much syndrome' like Spiderman 3. We really didn't need Giamatti in there playing that annoying caricature. Also, why do nerds cream their pants every time they see Stan Lee? He has little cameos in all these movies that really aren't that fun or witty and the audience goes nutso everytime :roll:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:52 pm

I normally avoid 3D, but the screening I attended was 3D and I will say that it didn't have crosstalk or give me a headache. They seem to have done a good job with it, It's still not really necessary for the movie but it was cool in the scenes with Spiderman flying through the city. Btw, he's basically a skydiver now, flying around like crazy. The parts with him swinging through NYC were my favorite in the movie by far.