Prometheus 14 Manev

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
RobJones wrote:I had 1 hour of sleep, empty stomach, two convict hills as soon as I got there, and then I had a talk with Dan.

Usually your pupils dilate, but apparently my orbs were all emerald. Slater said he's never seen pupils that looked that much like pin pricks before.
I wouldn't be surprised if you started hallucinating and people looked like they were dressed as Marvel characters or something.
wouldn't that entail large pupils?
ImageT.K.C.
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:07 pm

RobJones wrote:Emailing with Marko now and he says he submitted a post here a while ago, however EB apparently has to "approve" it first? I've never experienced that, maybe something to do with images being attached?
This is true .... it's how we screen out spam.

However ... I am not seeing any posts from MarkoManev to approve.

I did just approve some posts from a "locked out" ... if that may be him?

Best I can do as I am mobile.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
MarkoManev
New User

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:10 pm

I just got back form my holiday vacation on Friday and I think this has been the first and last time I choose to go to a place with no recaption at all. How sorry I am for that now... Because what I saw this morning was and still is very hard to swallow all at once!
I wasn’t aware of the Prometheus release on Thursday If I was, I would have been available at least to promote the piece. I’ve been hesitant to post as there may be a statement upcoming from Mondo. I spoke with Rob as I really felt the need to post on here and make some sort of statement and it feels weirder the longer I wait. He agreed it’s probably best to go ahead and speak now.

It is unfortunate that everyone makes their judgement on a low resolution image comparison claiming that it is traced/photoshopped...
Here are some early WIP layers, some close-ups of the final piece as well as a comparison of the face. I hope this clarifies things.

My original idea was form Arno Breker’s Prometheus statues, Frank Kelly’s work on the “News of the World” Queen album cover, and finally the Bradstreet image in question as a guide to understanding the shadow in this kind of light source.

I spent a lot of time working on the piece, again as Rob can confirm. It even went through a few studio revisions as I originally had the eyelids full lit up to indicate the Engineer looking down upon the viewer. Every aspect of the piece was to present the Engineer as a sort of god, one who literally has all life on earth in his hands.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:24 pm

So, I showed the above image to Nick. Someone who isn't invested in this art world.
His response was...'They let artist get away with that?'

The end.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:31 pm

Manev, I'm not invested in this piece at all. I couldn't care less.
However, there are many fans who seem disappointed. I see you're snoopin' and think you should address the issue at hand.
Seeing as you're reading the thread as I type this.

Edit: and now you're gone like Keyser Söze.

I also think you should hire this Danny guy as your fan club president.
Celsius
Flipper

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:45 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:Manev, I'm not invested in this piece at all. I couldn't care less.
However, there are many fans who seem disappointed. I see you're snoopin' and think you should address the issue at hand.
Seeing as you're reading the thread as I type this.

Edit: and now you're gone like Keyser Söze.

I also think you should hire this Danny guy as your fan club president.
If I had to guess: You haven't been paying any attention to the past few posts.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
Badbutch
Art Expert

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:49 pm

RobJones wrote:I had 1 hour of sleep, empty stomach, two convict hills as soon as I got there, and then I had a talk with Dan.

Usually your pupils dilate, but apparently my orbs were all emerald. Slater said he's never seen pupils that looked that much like pin pricks before.
Being within 20 yards of Dan usually gets me like that. Whoever got his hair is going to be floating for weeks.
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:50 pm

Celsius wrote: If I had to guess: You haven't been paying any attention to the past few posts.
Sorry, C.

I do love his Empire Strikes Back print.
hellosir
Art Freak

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:01 am

So Manev lurked all day and never posted?
Super weak
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:41 am

What did I miss?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:52 am

It's alot easier to talk fudge about things when it's not your neck that's under the chopping block. Just sayin..
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Stroma
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:02 am

Man, a lot of rude assholes in here. Just like old times I suppose.
Have you ever tasted skin?
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:07 am

Buckhammer wrote:

Well, that will do it.
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:08 am

Nice avatar, Stroma. I love her.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:09 am

Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.