Gandalf 14 Drake

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
wneff
Art Expert

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:18 pm

FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:46 pm

+1 Mega Metal. By far my biggest purchase to date. Can't wait to see it!
automator
Nobody

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:31 am

New image Gandalf 14 Drake - Mega-Metal

Thronk
Art Expert

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:41 am

adamsmasher wrote:
sidaldo wrote:On the event thread, lot of people are saying that there is a printing error in the Gandalf paper edition which makes me hesitant but on the other hand people are saying this piece is a beaut :/ Dilemma.
What they're talking about is a minor error that occurred during the trapping that actually made the print better. It's pretty magical and part of the reason the print is so incredible. This will be the first print of this collection that we'll be hanging at our house. Will try to post some close-up pics when I'm able, because it's hard to capture how great it is. I think this is my favorite print of the year, personally.
Error jumps off the print at you. :cry:
cstojano

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:22 am

Still 8 mega metals left of this piece. Do they do discounts eventually? Everyone seems to love this piece but no one is throwing down the cash for the variant here.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:28 pm

I jokingly asked HCG in a FB post if they'd accept a payment plan and they agreed. I've learned w online galleries it never hurts to ask. Now join me and the one other in owning this piece!
ISO an avatar
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:32 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:I jokingly asked HCG in a FB post if they'd accept a payment plan and they agreed. I've learned w online galleries it never hurts to ask. Now join me and the one other in owning this piece!
That was you? In my experience, most galleries are very open to payment plans. Congrats!
johndv
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:00 pm

adamsmasher wrote:
sidaldo wrote:On the event thread, lot of people are saying that there is a printing error in the Gandalf paper edition which makes me hesitant but on the other hand people are saying this piece is a beaut :/ Dilemma.
What they're talking about is a minor error that occurred during the trapping that actually made the print better. It's pretty magical and part of the reason the print is so incredible. This will be the first print of this collection that we'll be hanging at our house. Will try to post some close-up pics when I'm able, because it's hard to capture how great it is. I think this is my favorite print of the year, personally.
So I'm looking at my copy of Gandalf & I'm trying to understand how this printing error "actually made the print better." Any further explanation Adam?
sidaldo
Art Expert

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Thronk wrote:
adamsmasher wrote:
Error jumps off the print at you. :cry:
Um, care to explain?
sidaldo
Art Expert

Fri May 02, 2014 9:48 am

thegoddamnbatman wrote:
Oh lord.

In related news I got all my other prints today. I was really excited about the Spike and it's stunning, but I was surprised by how orange it is. Like I wouldn't hardly call it red at all. It's straight up orange except his pants. Also the Solo print blew me away, I wasn't expecting to love it and it's my favorite Drake now. Shame about the Gandalf having the misprint on the hand, it's awesome with all those metallics but that little line on his hand is unnerving. They will tide me over until the mysteries are revealed.
Trasher
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 02, 2014 1:17 pm

I posted this back during the release of the show, but no one seemed to care/notice at the time. I also had to zoom in on a picture Collider posted or something so it is kinda hard to see. Someone should do a closeup on the area of the print if they have one.

JPEG/metal

Print
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Fri May 02, 2014 1:52 pm

If a small little line causes you this much grief, I suggest you stop collecting
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
Trasher
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 02, 2014 2:11 pm

cargoflipper wrote:If a small little line causes you this much grief, I suggest you stop collecting
It's actually a few lines.

Or I'll just not collect prints that are drymounted up. Easier that way.

Doesn't cause me any grief because I don't own it. I just know some people on here can be very particular about their print quality. For example if they have the smallest little crease on them it ruins the entire piece in their opinion. Just makes sense to let people know of a problem with something before they decide on purchasing it. If you don't care about a few misprinted lines then cool. This doesn't apply to you. It's for the people who it does apply to. I was never going to get the print (thought it was weird enough with a chunk of Gandalf's sword missing for whatever reason), but if I was I'd be pretty disappointed to see the misprinted lines after I opened it up without knowing. My eyes were immediately drawn to it when I looked at it up close in person.
wneff
Art Expert

Fri May 02, 2014 4:56 pm

Despite the golden shower of disappointment raining down here, I am still quite excited to see the mega metal.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri May 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Ink-jet screen caps only going forward I guess.

Damn artists messing everything up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"