Calling all Phlegm fans!!!

General art-related discussion.
Wawaad
Art Expert

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:03 pm

I just don't get artists that don't want to sell their art for what it is worth. what the drymount?
I have news for you, eventually it is going to get sold for what it is worth. so you (artists) better be the ones pocketing the money.

so Phlegm should either do an edition size big enough to prevent the price inflation 10 times or he should shut it and sell it for what it's worth

Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ajharrington321
Art Expert

wow

I'm super pumped for this
jahitch1
Art Connoisseur

I will use all the money i have saved to buy a house on this...damn it, I need this to be my first phlegm print.
bulkhead72 wrote:Mondo is the best thing to have had happened to hobos since Jesus.
partpat
Art Freak

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:06 pm

yeah ISO 1 million doll hairs- lets really hype this up and get the price jaked up on these before the drop :lol:
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:07 pm

partpat wrote:yeah ISO 1 million doll hairs- lets really hype this up and get the price jaked up on these before the drop :lol:
Wawaad
Art Expert

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:11 pm

I also personally believe this is by no means worth over 1K. Phlegm is not on the level of making 80K off one copper plate. I am talking pure art economics here.

but stupid hypers and buyers will hype, sell, buy and repeat
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alittle
Art Freak

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:13 pm

I like the price quoted. Fair for both the artist and the buyer. There is so much great art out there that I have no interest in chasing this for 2x cost.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:18 pm

Agree with what was said above. Good for him pricing higher, but I think flippers flip regardless. Look at the GID Invader. Everyone balked at the 1000 dollar price tag. Still flipped. Better for me if its in the 300-400 dollar range. I am super ISO this, the etching looks amazing and will go nicely with my Documenting Everything.

Oh and I agree with whoever said it above, unfortunately I think I am priced out on ever tracking down Battle or Civ because the aftermarket has just gotten too high.
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Wawaad wrote:I just don't get artists that don't want to sell their art for what it is worth. what the drymount?
I have news for you, eventually it is going to get sold for what it is worth. so you (artists) better be the ones pocketing the money.

so Phlegm should either do an edition size big enough to prevent the price inflation 10 times or he should shut it and sell it for what it's worth

Phlegm paints MURALS. Sometimes we are lucky enough to own a piece of art to hang in our homes. Deal with it. :D
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Wawaad wrote:I just don't get artists that don't want to sell their art for what it is worth. what the drymount?

To quote someone's sig, it only takes one asshole with a boatload of money to make it 'worth' something. I think plenty of artists want to find a medium where they charge a fair price but don't make it so exorbitant to where only the people who are willing to throw a ridiculous amount at it are able to afford it.

Etchings also aren't like screen printing from a time and effort standpoint, so the run size isn't a troll, just a matter of time/cost to get them printed.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
nrgball
Art Expert

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:41 pm

DonPiano wrote:I'm going to assume so. I didn't get a chance to ask. That said, I think it's assumed that the prints will be just that, prints, not etchings as they take a while to create and are expensive.
The next print will be an etching. Etching is a type of printing.
Image Image
nrgball
Art Expert

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:49 pm

Mattmoo08 wrote:
alittle wrote:Glad to hear he is going to price these properly.

Thanks for the info, Matt.
i agree mate iv told him to price them more but he's not into it.
i think its worth 450 all day long.
I am in complete agreement with you
Image Image
natepachl
Art Expert

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:09 pm

I just got caught up on this thread....I can't wait to hang one on my wall
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
nrgball
Art Expert

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:42 pm

jrsheppa wrote:Agree with what was said above. Good for him pricing higher, but I think flippers flip regardless. Look at the GID Invader. Everyone balked at the 1000 dollar price tag. Still flipped. Better for me if its in the 300-400 dollar range. I am super ISO this, the etching looks amazing and will go nicely with my Documenting Everything.

Oh and I agree with whoever said it above, unfortunately I think I am priced out on ever tracking down Battle or Civ because the aftermarket has just gotten too high.
Mattmoo is from the UK, I think he means 300-400GBP
Image Image
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:43 pm

nrgball wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:Agree with what was said above. Good for him pricing higher, but I think flippers flip regardless. Look at the GID Invader. Everyone balked at the 1000 dollar price tag. Still flipped. Better for me if its in the 300-400 dollar range. I am super ISO this, the etching looks amazing and will go nicely with my Documenting Everything.

Mattmoo is from the UK, I think he means 300-400GBP
Ah, big difference there.