Pearl Jam Ten 2 x LP 14

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:10 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Pearl Jam Ten 2 x LP 14

jamel-d
Art Freak

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Adds new meaning to spin the "Coke" bottle.
JohnnyThunder
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:57 pm

when was this released?..
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:08 pm

JohnnyThunder wrote:when was this released?..
pre-releases on 10c and newbury comics a few days ago. will be available for record store day as well.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
pj101ca
Art Expert

Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:10 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
pre-releases on 10c and newbury comics a few days ago. will be available for record store day as well.
released last Tuesday.(apr 2nd)

Only newbury comics stores will have them o RSD. doubt they have many as the website oversold.
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
delt16
Art Enthusiast

Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:38 pm

They sold out online very quickly, maybe within the first 24 hrs. And I'd be shocked if they actually have some in store on record store day. If they do have some for sale in store for RSD, it will probably be one or two copies per store. And the first 2 people in line will surely buy them. The problem with RSD is that its become a cash grab for flippers who dont even have a record player. Flippers get there the earliest so they can be first in line. Then they pull out their list and buy every record that they know they can flip for profit.
The first few RSD events were great. But now that its become more mainstream, flippers have moved in and are on the verge of ruining it. If you were a fan of a certain band, and they were releasing a record, there was a very good chance that you'd be able to get a copy of the record no matter how far back you were in line. Because the people in front of you were only buying records that they were going to listen to. Now the people in front of you in the line are buying multiple copies of every limited edition record that can be flipped for a profit. If you are 10th in line, theres a good chance that the majority of "good" records will be gone before you set foot in the store.

My local Newbury Comics finally implemented a 1 copy per person policy. So this helps a little bit, but theres still too many people buying records of bands that they dont even like.

Oh well...enough :cry: :cry: :cry:
pj101ca
Art Expert

Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:43 pm

delt16 wrote:They sold out online very quickly, maybe within the first 24 hrs.
24hrs?? 10c sold out in 27 minutes. Newbury took about 60 minutes.
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
RYANPB999
Art Enthusiast

Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:58 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
Idk where you heard that NC will have some on RSD? That's not true at all. My buddy works there and I asked him and he said no. They aren't getting any. He works in the Warwick, RI store and the Providence one sometimes and neither one is getting them. Maybe some of the ones in Mass are, but I doubt it. Luckily we scored some!
RYANPB999
Art Enthusiast

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:02 am

Wait till Coca-Cola gets wind of this and cracks down on Newbury/10c for using their name w/o permission. Its gonna make these even more valuable!
DickButt
Art Expert

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:53 am

RYANPB999 wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
Idk where you heard that NC will have some on RSD? That's not true at all. My buddy works there and I asked him and he said no. They aren't getting any. He works in the Warwick, RI store and the Providence one sometimes and neither one is getting them. Maybe some of the ones in Mass are, but I doubt it. Luckily we scored some!
From their website...
http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_hom ... deptnr=677
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:24 am

delt16 wrote:They sold out online very quickly, maybe within the first 24 hrs. And I'd be shocked if they actually have some in store on record store day. If they do have some for sale in store for RSD, it will probably be one or two copies per store. And the first 2 people in line will surely buy them. The problem with RSD is that its become a cash grab for flippers who dont even have a record player. Flippers get there the earliest so they can be first in line. Then they pull out their list and buy every record that they know they can flip for profit.
The first few RSD events were great. But now that its become more mainstream, flippers have moved in and are on the verge of ruining it. If you were a fan of a certain band, and they were releasing a record, there was a very good chance that you'd be able to get a copy of the record no matter how far back you were in line. Because the people in front of you were only buying records that they were going to listen to. Now the people in front of you in the line are buying multiple copies of every limited edition record that can be flipped for a profit. If you are 10th in line, theres a good chance that the majority of "good" records will be gone before you set foot in the store.

My local Newbury Comics finally implemented a 1 copy per person policy. So this helps a little bit, but theres still too many people buying records of bands that they dont even like.

Oh well...enough :cry: :cry: :cry:
You said it perfectly. Now I'm spending boatloads more on these DMB LiveTrax box sets and rare 7" & 10" - I still don't have the Foo Fighters Medium Rare from a few yrs ago (when the flipping started imho)
rickker
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Curious to why there is an EB listing for this release.

I understand the Mondo / DW / Waxwork stuff due to the artists that create original artwork for the album jackets.

This seems like it belongs on discogs.
No matter where you go, there you are.
TheOcean

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:51 pm

DickButt wrote:
RYANPB999 wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
From their website...
http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_hom ... deptnr=677
NC had a few (and by that I hear some stores had 1-5) copies when it was released today. RSD is Saturday, this release is being mislabeled as a RSD release, it was just close to the same release period. The 10C having their own cut of the full run is probably was caused this not to be a RSD release since none of the RSD releases are supposed to be available elsewhere (the DMB releases on their website are not the same as the RSD release). The fact that it was also exclusive to NC probably DQ'd it from an official RSD release.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Anyone know what the sleeve looks like? Is it just a clear sleeve or actual album cover with artwork?