Journey To The Center Of The Earth 14 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:06 am

dinkydoggy wrote:
woodrowgus wrote:
dinkydoggy wrote: ...paying $50 for shipping to the US when the print only costs $58, now that's a hard pill to swallow.
There were 2 shipping options to the US. My shipping costs were approx. $29.
See, I was confused about that; though it defaults to the cheaper option, it's the 2nd, more expensive one that lists the US as an option so I thought that's what you had to go with to get it here. Thanks for clearing that up.
Yeah, I thought the same, Nautilus needs to clean up how they list their shipping options, that part of their website sucks, very misleading. I selected the higher option because it listed the "US" visibly (didn't know I had to hover over the radio button to get the full description) I thought the website had a glitch, didn't know it was by design. Oh, well.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
ArK
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:31 am

Based on their twitter feed looks like the timed release, ie OG lottery, will finish 1300 est today. Anyone think the size will go over 200?
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:37 am

I think so. People were posting numbers from their orders and I saw one in the 170's a while back.
thriftypix
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:47 am

Arghh!!! Do I or don't I? Do I or don't I? I'm a huge Durieux fan, and I love this 9-color beauty. But money is very tight and this thing is over $100 (w/insurance), for what after all is a private, unlicensed "boutique" piece. :?

My guess is that there are many people in the same boat. But congrats to all who have picked this up! It really is gorgeous...
sephirot8
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:10 am

Size Will go over 300 imo. Just saw a guy in the realese discussion who scored number 283
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:20 am

Pretty sure that number includes the variant sales as well.
mh4268
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:50 am

Just ordered, #307 so that 217 regular editions right now. I am a fan of these timed regular/limited variants, gives everyone a chance if the like the artwork. I do wish I had off the day they dropped to get the variant since I think the colors go better with his Peter Pan variant I have.
bmxfreak
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:54 am

thriftypix wrote:Arghh!!! Do I or don't I? Do I or don't I? I'm a huge Durieux fan, and I love this 9-color beauty. But money is very tight and this thing is over $100 (w/insurance), for what after all is a private, unlicensed "boutique" piece. :?

My guess is that there are many people in the same boat. But congrats to all who have picked this up! It really is gorgeous...
We are sailing in the same boat. Oh well 3 hours left to decide.... buyers remorse, or regret on missing out...
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:28 am

If I had more spare cash sitting around, this would be a no brainer. But, unfortunately, it would also be a no waller. Really really really looking forward to seeing close up shots of the print though.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
reeft
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:36 am

dinkydoggy wrote:
Benjames500 wrote:Not REALLY surprised with that number. As nice as the print is as a piece of art it really is all about the property these days and I guess there aren't THAT many people that feel the need to have a print for this particular book. (playing devils advocate here because I really do like the piece)
To top it off, paying $50 for shipping to the US when the print only costs $58, now that's a hard pill to swallow. And Laurent isn't allowing more than one print per household, which means you won't be able to split s/h with someone else. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be regs sometime in the future for less than cost once the Golden ticket winner is picked. ;)
I collect a lot of Mondo stuff and I live in Germany. Welcome to my world.
It's quite nice actually, you know, not paying more for shipping than the actual print...
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:44 am

reeft wrote: I collect a lot of Mondo stuff and I live in Germany. Welcome to my world.
It's quite nice actually, you know, not paying more for shipping than the actual print...
Agreed!
rerem
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:48 am

thriftypix wrote:Arghh!!! Do I or don't I? Do I or don't I? I'm a huge Durieux fan, and I love this 9-color beauty. But money is very tight and this thing is over $100 (w/insurance), for what after all is a private, unlicensed "boutique" piece. :?

Licensing in this case isn't an issue because the book is in the public domain.
Lightagami
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:06 am

KingOfNothing wrote:
dinkydoggy wrote:
woodrowgus wrote:
dinkydoggy wrote: ...paying $50 for shipping to the US when the print only costs $58, now that's a hard pill to swallow.
There were 2 shipping options to the US. My shipping costs were approx. $29.
See, I was confused about that; though it defaults to the cheaper option, it's the 2nd, more expensive one that lists the US as an option so I thought that's what you had to go with to get it here. Thanks for clearing that up.
Yeah, I thought the same, Nautilus needs to clean up how they list their shipping options, that part of their website sucks, very misleading. I selected the higher option because it listed the "US" visibly (didn't know I had to hover over the radio button to get the full description) I thought the website had a glitch, didn't know it was by design. Oh, well.
Contact them and they will adjust the price for you. Save about 20 bucks.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:22 am

looks like more comments in this thread than regulars purchased so far
ArK
Art Enthusiast

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:26 am

2 hours left and this should definitively clear up who gets a chance at the OG.