311 New Orleans 14 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
DjPhaze
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:35 pm

Managed to get the edition of 60. Is this what he had left or is it really an edition of 60?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:36 pm

DjPhaze wrote:Managed to get the edition of 60. Is this what he had left or is it really an edition of 60?
its an artist edition on top of the show edition.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
JasonTheMason
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Dang.. I thought I was on the effin ball with the wave foil.. had it carted, bada bing.. click confirm. Gonzo. Scored reg though, and with a Sperry the inks and color work make any paper look like something amazing. :notworthy:
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:37 pm

foil was gone before gold, i believe.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
DjPhaze
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:38 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
DjPhaze wrote:Managed to get the edition of 60. Is this what he had left or is it really an edition of 60?
its an artist edition on top of the show edition.
Sounds good to me!
amb6883
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:39 pm

+1 AP wanted wave foil but did not think I'd have a chance from my mobile and don't like the gold
lsmith55
Art Expert

Whiffed on the foil too. Was able to still go back and snag an AP though. Looking forward to it! :clap:

If anyone got the wave foil- please take pics when it arrives.
DjPhaze
Art Connoisseur

JasonTheMason wrote:Dang.. I thought I was on the effin ball with the wave foil.. had it carted, bada bing.. click confirm. Gonzo. Scored reg though, and with a Sperry the inks and color work make any paper look like something amazing. :notworthy:
Looking forward seeing it in person. My first chuck sperry print.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:40 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:foil was gone before gold, i believe.
It was- i knew that one would be tough.
JasonTheMason
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:48 pm

If this is anything like some of his other work with wave foil side by side with the reg, I feel like they each have some strengths. IMO, on the Bootsy for example, the colors on the wave foil seem more vibrant either by optical illusion/depth or the refraction from the paper (if that happens). The potential drawback is added texture on the composition. I will say the wave pattern is not nearly as noticeable in person since the pics are straight on and mega lit. On the bootsy I thought it was cool with more texture on his forehead and in the fro it wasn't very noticeable at all. And as I said the colors POP. Colors on the reg are still wild, and the upside is your dont have the texture, which on a face like this lovely ladies may be a negative to some people. But either way they are both awesome and if this is your first Sperry be excited; the hype about the inks is real. I'm still pretty sure the band name on my Sperry "CAKE" print is actually 3D/embossed/voodoo.
DjPhaze
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:50 pm

JasonTheMason wrote:If this is anything like some of his other work with wave foil side by side with the reg, I feel like they each have some strengths. IMO, on the Bootsy for example, the colors on the wave foil seem more vibrant either by optical illusion/depth or the refraction from the paper (if that happens). The potential drawback is added texture on the composition. I will say the wave pattern is not nearly as noticeable in person since the pics are straight on and mega lit. On the bootsy I thought it was cool with more texture on his forehead and in the fro it wasn't very noticeable at all. And as I said the colors POP. Colors on the reg are still wild, and the upside is your dont have the texture, which on a face like this lovely ladies may be a negative to some people. But either way they are both awesome and if this is your first Sperry be excited; the hype about the inks is real. I'm still pretty sure the band name on my Sperry "CAKE" print is actually 3D/embossed/voodoo.
Nice i cant wait. Does chuck send a shipping notice to your email when it ships?
lsmith55
Art Expert

Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:11 pm

DjPhaze wrote:
JasonTheMason wrote:If this is anything like some of his other work with wave foil side by side with the reg, I feel like they each have some strengths. IMO, on the Bootsy for example, the colors on the wave foil seem more vibrant either by optical illusion/depth or the refraction from the paper (if that happens). The potential drawback is added texture on the composition. I will say the wave pattern is not nearly as noticeable in person since the pics are straight on and mega lit. On the bootsy I thought it was cool with more texture on his forehead and in the fro it wasn't very noticeable at all. And as I said the colors POP. Colors on the reg are still wild, and the upside is your dont have the texture, which on a face like this lovely ladies may be a negative to some people. But either way they are both awesome and if this is your first Sperry be excited; the hype about the inks is real. I'm still pretty sure the band name on my Sperry "CAKE" print is actually 3D/embossed/voodoo.
Nice i cant wait. Does chuck send a shipping notice to your email when it ships?
Yes- and he will also attach tracking to your paypal account. That is far more than most artists do.
DjPhaze
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:16 pm

lsmith55 wrote:
DjPhaze wrote:
Yes- and he will also attach tracking to your paypal account. That is far more than most artists do.
Thanks!
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:23 pm

dont be surprised if the tracking doesnt update until the day of or before deliver. seems to be the case with his packages for some reason.

1xRun Referral
lsmith55
Art Expert

Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:33 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:dont be surprised if the tracking doesnt update until the day of or before deliver. seems to be the case with his packages for some reason.
Agreed- it usually is delayed. On another note- my Umphrey's McGee Gold is out for delivery. Pics to come...