Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Snow White AP's tomorrow:
For those of you inquiring…

I will be selling my signed artist copies beginning tomorrow, Friday at noon Central Time in my big cartel shop.

http://annebenjamin.bigcartel.com/

24" x 36"
11 screens on French Insulation Pink 100# Cover
$95 each
1 per customer/household

Thanks!
Anne
fanboy
Art Expert

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:32 pm

PCC Disney and True Detective stuff is up.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
mookyblast
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:29 pm

It's amazing. There seems to be no discussion regarding the Ansin/tong show tomorrow. For the disney show there were pics of people waiting days ahead of time. Is there already a line forming for this one?
ajmmck
Art Expert

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:32 pm

mookyblast wrote:It's amazing. There seems to be no discussion regarding the Ansin/tong show tomorrow. For the disney show there were pics of people waiting days ahead of time. Is there already a line forming for this one?
mookyblast
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:41 pm

ajmmck wrote:
mookyblast wrote:It's amazing. There seems to be no discussion regarding the Ansin/tong show tomorrow. For the disney show there were pics of people waiting days ahead of time. Is there already a line forming for this one?
So you're saying there's a chance I get prints at the drop. nice!
sasquatch
Art Expert

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Hoping for vinyl of the "Gravity" soundtrack.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:50 pm

mookyblast wrote:
ajmmck wrote:
So you're saying there's a chance I get prints at the drop. nice!
Youve got some stiff competition with that tumble weed buddy!
WhiteRat
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:54 pm

People are tapped out from the last two shows. Too much too soon.

And yes there are people camped out already
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:56 pm

WhiteRat wrote:

Also it's all happening in the Ansin/Tong show thread. :P
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
egrimens
Art Expert

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:07 am

sasquatch wrote:Hoping for vinyl of the "Gravity" soundtrack.
not sure if serious.....
dylansdad
Art Expert

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:12 am

Thankfully for my bank account, the majority of the prints previewed were for films that don't interest me enough to warrant a purchase. I've seen Alien/Aliens/Prometheus/Flash Gordon but don't need anything on the wall. The Oz print is great but I don't have enough of an attachment to the film to take something else down from the wall to make room for it. I like Psycho but the print is too stabby for me to hang. So far, I appreciate all the art I've seen but almost none of it would make the wall.

Now, if Ansin tackles another Gilliam film or some other movie that I love, I'll get really excited really fast. It all depends on the subject matter. I learned my lesson with Elysium and Ender's Game--I have to stop getting so excited about Ansin that I purchase something that will never make the wall because it celebrates a film I don't feel strongly about.
fitz
Art Expert

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:53 am

^^ as above, still not seen anything I would view as an ISO from the previews - am hopnig for more prints for classic movies from the 70s like Taxi Driver - if there were something like that then I would expect the excitement levels to increase hugely.
jeffreyjonesbsme
Art Expert

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:42 am

fitz wrote:^^ as above, still not seen anything I would view as an ISO from the previews - am hoping for more prints for classic movies from the 70s like Taxi Driver - if there were something like that then I would expect the excitement levels to increase hugely.
Classic 1970s movie ideas:

Fun: Grease or Saturday Night Fever
Drama: The Godfather or Apocalypse Now
Mel Brooks: Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein

I could really see Laurent Durieux doing a great Young Frankenstein.

I couldn't wait on a Saturday Night Fever poster to be done, so I've started my own private commission.
Most of what you read on the internet is not true....signed Abraham Lincoln
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:58 am

WhiteRat wrote:

Mondo hasn't given Austinites ample time to recoup their funds from the Disney show. Many Disney prints sitting in flipper purgatory right now.
IronRinn
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:30 am

Posted this on another forum that the guys and gals from Mondo probably don't frequent, but if any of you were wondering what happened to that adhesive bandage, mystery solved!