Adventures in Design Podcast thread

General art-related discussion.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Aw man, doing a live Q&A was weird haha.
Was that you that called in and mentioned being part of EB?
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:56 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:
Great input Tony.... :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:32 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:
Yeah, I was super nervous if you couldn't tell haha.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm only halfway through but I'm listening to the rest now. Looking forward to listener questions.

I know iTunes doesn't do a paid podcast model, but there are plenty of podcasts that have a paid system. They put out the latest 10 episodes or less on iTunes and then have an exclusive members area of the website for subscribers. Members can pay monthly, every 3 months, every 6 months, and yearly. Some even have a lifetime subscription for like $1000.

It would require extra work to build this though. Could be a consideration for the future when the podcast gets more successful and Mark, Billy, and James can hire someone to implement this (or use a pre-existing service, if available, or do it themselves).
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:
afrosteeziac wrote:
Yeah, I was super nervous if you couldn't tell haha.
Omg, you asked a perfect question. And it was well spoken. No worries. I just wish they can reveal more. I know how much Mark loves going to Disneyland.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:52 pm

New episode should be going up tonight at 12 EST. Yours truly might be featured on the show again!

Basically me and a some fellow board members ran into Mark and Billy while walking to Flatstock and they gave us a ride while recording a new episode! Then while waiting in line for Ansin/Tong, Mark stopped by at 2 in the morning with Mitch Putnam and Kevin Tong, and I was interviewed again along with some other EBeaners! Finally before the show opening Mark and Billy came down and interviewed Martin and Kevin, then filmed a segment for the show which featured an auction of two "rare" one of a kind Disney items signed by Martin and Kevin.

I guess the episodes have been edited and split up and will be added on a weekly basis, so keep an eye out!
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:New episode should be going up tonight at 12 EST. Yours truly might be featured on the show again!

Basically me and a some fellow board members ran into Mark and Billy while walking to Flatstock and they gave us a ride while recording a new episode! Then while waiting in line for Ansin/Tong, Mark stopped by at 2 in the morning with Mitch Putnam and Kevin Tong, and I was interviewed again along with some other EBeaners! Finally before the show opening Mark and Billy came down and interviewed Martin and Kevin, then filmed a segment for the show which featured an auction of two "rare" one of a kind Disney items signed by Martin and Kevin.

I guess the episodes have been edited and split up and will be added on a weekly basis, so keep an eye out!
NICE! It was great hearing you on the last episode! Cant wait to hear the new episode, and Im super jealous you got to meet those dudes, they seem pretty cool.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:38 pm

DK is a star! Should've got your autograph when you were in town :P
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:08 am

New episode is up! We're about 54 minutes in, good stuff.

http://www.aidpodcast.com/aid36/
MarkBrickey

Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Tonight at midnight we're releasing our most Expresso Beans focused episode EVER!

We covered the "Mondo Lifestyle" from the view points of Kevin Tong & Martin Ansin, Mitch Putnam and the collectors themselves. After 37 episodes of the show, talking to the collectors in front of the Mondo Gallery at 3:00AM has been one of my favorite moments. These guys were so much fun to interview and to have a good time with. Check out the episode if you can!

Good Day & Good Design,
Mark
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Sounds like a good one, can't wait.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:08 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:Sounds like a good one, can't wait.
For sure. Really looking forward to the Ansin/Tong interviews, thanks for stopping by Mark!
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:55 am

Episode 37 (37!?) is live, give it a listen!
The Adventures In Design saga continues with part II of our trilogy with an episode dedicated to the other end of the independent printmaking world during our visit to Austin’s SXSW media festival the collectable limited edition sensation known as Mondo. Listen as we document the fanatic world of poster collecting through the eyes and hearts of the artists, the company and the passionate fans.
http://www.aidpodcast.com/aid37/
RyanMarvin
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Just finished the latest episode and it was really great, as it usually is. Figured I'd post to bump this thread up because AID podcasts should definitely get more attention from this board. If ever there was a time to jump in for someone that hasn't listened before it would be the latest episode. Enjoyed the Chicago EB crew's interview and their honest answers as well. Nice job.
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:53 pm

Just finished this latest episode. There is a wealth of knowledge given from different points of views, form collectors, artists, and curators. It really is a great episode, with some great insight. Give it a listen, and I hope to have some discussion with some of you guys about what they had to say on the episode.