Star Trek: What Are Little Girls Made Of? 14 Dart

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:58 am

cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:33 pm

Picked this up as my first official Print purchase! Was hoping to grab an Arena print, but... too slow. Hell I'm a sucker for most things Trek, and could not resist the impulse. The style is very 60's and I think I might dig it. I'm sure it will grow on me more once it is in hand.
DannyDaCat
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:13 am

cgriff wrote:Picked this up as my first official Print purchase! Was hoping to grab an Arena print, but... too slow. Hell I'm a sucker for most things Trek, and could not resist the impulse. The style is very 60's and I think I might dig it. I'm sure it will grow on me more once it is in hand.
Congrats on your score!!! I'm a big trek guy myself, and have been slowly acquiring for my collection (hope I just scored a Wrath of Khan, as a matter of fact) and I just could not get into this print or Arena. I've really liked a vast majority of the Mondo Trek releases but these I just can't get myself to like... The color scheme is pretty garish, matchy matchy, and bad (and not in that "old kitschy Trek homage" type of way) and the Kevin Dart ones just seem so derivative of the Juan Ortiz series being done for StarTrek.com already. The only common factor in the posters is Ted Cassidy who played the Gorn Captain's voice and Ruk in this posters episode.