Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:51 pm

lsmith55 wrote:
Particle wrote:Oscar drop confirmed yet?
There have been five, they were all stouts
I can't believe I was able to grab a Stout - Her. They went so quick!
xangelx
Art Expert

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Does anyone really think they are gonna do drops tonight? I mean isn't the whole point of getting in bed with the Oscars is for the publicity, not doing any of that and just dropping stuff at random seems to defeat that purpose.

Also considering that G88 didn't do any Oscar tie-in and Mondo seemingly won't perhaps the Oscars thought the whole thing wasn't worthwhile after last year. I don't know why that would be the case but seems a little odd that after all the stuff that came out last year they didn't do anything poster/print related this year.

Oh well, back to not watching the Oscars.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:53 pm

xangelx wrote:Does anyone really think they are gonna do drops tonight? I mean isn't the whole point of getting in bed with the Oscars is for the publicity, not doing any of that and just dropping stuff at random seems to defeat that purpose.

Also considering that G88 didn't do any Oscar tie-in and Mondo seemingly won't perhaps the Oscars thought the whole thing wasn't worthwhile after last year. I don't know why that would be the case but seems a little odd that after all the stuff that came out last year they didn't do anything poster/print related this year.

I mean, all the Oscars did last year was drymount up their shipping queue for the entire rest of the year. That might have something to do with them not dropping anything (yet anyways)
whl10
Art Expert

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:54 pm

yes. because they seem to care a great deal about their shipping queue.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Cheese318 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:Wtf is this political rambling Jared Leto is going on about! Play the damn music
I would love to hear your speech for millions to see
Next year, still working on it.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
nevadinova
Art Expert

whl10 wrote:yes. because they seem to care a great deal about their shipping queue.
xangelx
Art Expert

ChrisV wrote:
xangelx wrote:Does anyone really think they are gonna do drops tonight? I mean isn't the whole point of getting in bed with the Oscars is for the publicity, not doing any of that and just dropping stuff at random seems to defeat that purpose.

I mean, all the Oscars did last year was drymount up their shipping queue for the entire rest of the year. That might have something to do with them not dropping anything (yet anyways)
Well it did that and get them a bunch of publicity and money...we know they love that. Shipping times be damned!
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
dilkington
Art Enthusiast

Justin isn't even responding to questions about this. I don't see why a simple no would take up so much time.
CrazyBread
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm

The first award for the Oscars was Best Supporting actor to Dallas Buyers Club. First Oscar print to be on the site was the same movie. This is all part of the plan. Quick, does anyone have the rest of the awards given out in order?
Last edited by CrazyBread on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** F5 Crew ***
Lockersocks
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Mondo's refresh speed has slowed in the last minute or two...wonder if this is them tinkering on the other side of the site :wink:
micktheant
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Lockersocks wrote:Mondo's refresh speed has slowed in the last minute or two...wonder if this is them tinkering on the other side of the site :wink:
been slow the past hour for me...
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Albert brooks just tweeted - The great thing about Hollywood is they actually think Ukraine is watching the Oscars

:lol: :lol: :lol:
finneganm
Art Freak

finneganm wrote:I'll be live posting my thoughts on the Oscars throughout the night right here. Tune back often!
Ok, True Detective is on.
That's what she said
Lockersocks
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:59 pm

lsmith55 wrote:
Particle wrote:Oscar drop confirmed yet?
There have been five, they were all stouts
And Mondo released a snapchat preview of the Disney posters!! pretty sweet!
jeter0204
Art Expert

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Congrats to lady Gaga on winning an Oscar!
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."