Post your "What was I thinking!" regretful purchase

General art-related discussion.
TheBeard
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:23 am

DidYouSeeMeEscaping wrote:Image

It was my first trip to SDCC and hitting up Mondo, fine artwork and Im a fan of Tongs, but why in the world would anyone want a poster for a line of Lego toys, and more importantly why did I think Id be able to sell it or trade it
There's some crap on here, but yeah, this print coupled with the waiting at SDCC would seem like the winner.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
caseyg1986
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:36 am

TheBeard wrote:

It was my first trip to SDCC and hitting up Mondo, fine artwork and Im a fan of Tongs, but why in the world would anyone want a poster for a line of Lego toys, and more importantly why did I think Id be able to sell it or trade it
There's some crap on here, but yeah, this print coupled with the waiting at SDCC would seem like the winner.
The worst part was that people would line up for at least an hour or two before every drop without even knowing what the print was. As soon as you get to the front and see the print, you've already invested so much time you're almost obligated to get the print at that point. And then it turns out to be this (yes, I bought one).
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:41 am

I honestly cannot believe someone thought doing a Lego LOTR themed print was a good idea. That one is the clear winner for me on here so far, how silly.
keefdotorg
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:48 am

Man, I thought this thing was so neat. Then it showed up and... Hyeulgh. The printing job is... Not good.

If it were like an 8x10 or something, it might work. But at this point, I can't even stand to see it in my collection-- I've listed it in my trades and that's it. I should just shove it in a tube next time I sell something. HEY ZOMG SPECIAL GIFT UR WELCOME
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:52 am

keefdotorg wrote:Image

Man, I thought this thing was so neat. Then it showed up and... Hyeulgh. The printing job is... Not good.

If it were like an 8x10 or something, it might work. But at this point, I can't even stand to see it in my collection-- I've listed it in my trades and that's it. I should just shove it in a tube next time I sell something. HEY ZOMG SPECIAL GIFT UR WELCOME
They done drymounted up Shelley Duvall good in that print.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Tetsuojin
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:09 am

I was caught up in Oscar frenzy. I clicked and checked out before I realized what I had done...

I love Moonrise Kingdom the movie, but for me, this print leaves a lot to be desired. Oh well :(
allbloody
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:24 am

theres alot of them!!
seeker1115
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:31 am

I paid 250 for an Ansin Game of Thrones.
Woodyland is a kitten
DidYouSeeMeEscaping
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:41 am

caseyg1986 wrote:
TheBeard wrote:

The worst part was that people would line up for at least an hour or two before every drop without even knowing what the print was. As soon as you get to the front and see the print, you've already invested so much time you're almost obligated to get the print at that point. And then it turns out to be this (yes, I bought one).
Part of the reason I bought this was because I got the on sale tweet as the GoT panel was starting, decided to stick with that instead of the line, got the sold out tweet, rolled over to the Mondo booth after the panel to find they had a couple left over, so I thought I was lucky to score one. at least I didnt have to wait in line for it
Hutwe
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:36 am

Cool image, but ridiculously overpriced from the start. When it finally came in, the horrible pixelated print quality turned my stomach.

maden
Art Expert

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 am

Tetsuojin wrote:I was caught up in Oscar frenzy. I clicked and checked out before I realized what I had done...

I love Moonrise Kingdom the movie, but for me, this print leaves a lot to be desired. Oh well :(
Well, not everyone can have taste.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

philipanderson
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:43 am

See that sale that is $800?

That was me. My stupidity knew no bounds. I actually thought I had bought the GID variant on eBay - realised my mistake ten minutes after sending the money.

Of course, $800 is STILL too much even for the variant so I was stupid whichever way you look at it. I do still love the print and have it framed but it taught me an expensive lesson for sure.
alittle
Art Freak

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:48 am

Why didn't you ask for a refund after you realized?
cultur3warrior
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:49 am

philipanderson wrote:Image

See that sale that is $800?

That was me. My stupidity knew no bounds. I actually thought I had bought the GID variant on eBay - realised my mistake ten minutes after sending the money.

Of course, $800 is STILL too much even for the variant so I was stupid whichever way you look at it. I do still love the print and have it framed but it taught me an expensive lesson for sure.
Ouch...
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:50 am

NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux