Back to the Future Part I 14 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Skrilly
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:03 pm

redrooster1138 wrote:I think the metallics were just given to those who picked up Saturday, and not first 25 from Friday with numbers. I was number 60 for preorder, but got a metallic print Saturday when I picked it up. It is spectacular! Definitely a keeper.
Such a keeper. Ill just hold onto it until someone buys it :hanging:
redrooster1138
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:52 pm

PaDa1 wrote:wish there was a way to score it online ... :-/

They didn't sell any prints to anyone who came Saturday without a voucher. One of the employees there all but guaranteed an online release for pretty much what wasn't sold Friday night at the opening (which is the majority). This is assuming the printing issues were fixed
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:52 pm

Skrilly wrote:
redrooster1138 wrote:I think the metallics were just given to those who picked up Saturday, and not first 25 from Friday with numbers. I was number 60 for preorder, but got a metallic print Saturday when I picked it up. It is spectacular! Definitely a keeper.
Were the actual numbers on the metallic 1-20? I know I don't have one of those (though I was #37 in line, I didn't come in Saturday until 2ish) but I think I see metallic on mine. Also, it's just the variant right?
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:50 pm

Looking at mine it definitely seems to be metallic. It's in the 490s. Is that possible?
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:20 am

Apparently the Variant is GID? At the show, I saw that the label for the FP Variant said "Glow Variant", whereas both BTTF Variants didn't say that. This FB Post says otherwise. Could anyone post a pic of the GID?
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:24 am

Bikejoh wrote:Apparently the Variant is GID? At the show, I saw that the label for the FP Variant said "Glow Variant", whereas both BTTF Variants didn't say that. This FB Post says otherwise. Could anyone post a pic of the GID?
It's definitely GID. And the GID looks amazing. I tried taking a pic with my phone, but it just doesn't come out too well
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:26 am

dskdaniel wrote:
Skrilly wrote:
Were the actual numbers on the metallic 1-20? I know I don't have one of those (though I was #37 in line, I didn't come in Saturday until 2ish) but I think I see metallic on mine. Also, it's just the variant right?
The variant is supposed to have metallics. The reg of Part 1 accidentally had 25 printed with metallic ink on them. The first 25 people to pick up the reg on Saturday were the ones that got the misprint of the reg. The variant has both GID and metallic ink
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:59 am

jmagee87 wrote:
Bikejoh wrote:Apparently the Variant is GID? At the show, I saw that the label for the FP Variant said "Glow Variant", whereas both BTTF Variants didn't say that. This FB Post says otherwise. Could anyone post a pic of the GID?
It's definitely GID. And the GID looks amazing. I tried taking a pic with my phone, but it just doesn't come out too well
Well fudge, if I knew that I would have bought the variant.. :hanging:
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:48 am

jmagee87 wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:
Skrilly wrote:
The variant is supposed to have metallics. The reg of Part 1 accidentally had 25 printed with metallic ink on them. The first 25 people to pick up the reg on Saturday were the ones that got the misprint of the reg. The variant has both GID and metallic ink
Yeah, my reg has metallic on it. Weird as again I can't imagine I was in the first 25 people on Saturday (and also I have a way high number), but maybe less people from Friday came back for the signing than I thought or there were a lot more than 25. Perhaps its was actually 25%.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:51 am

dskdaniel wrote:
Yeah, my reg has metallic on it. Weird as again I can't imagine I was in the first 25 people on Saturday, but maybe less people from Friday came back for the signing than I thought.
The BTTF part 1s didn't show up up at the gallery until about 1pm or so. So the first half of line had to come back later to get theirs. I got into the gallery around 1:15ish and was one of the first people to get the BTTF part 1
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:59 am

jmagee87 wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:
Yeah, my reg has metallic on it. Weird as again I can't imagine I was in the first 25 people on Saturday, but maybe less people from Friday came back for the signing than I thought.
The BTTF part 1s didn't show up up at the gallery until about 1pm or so. So the first half of line had to come back later to get theirs. I got into the gallery around 1:15ish and was one of the first people to get the BTTF part 1
Hmmm.. yeah forgot about that. Well, being there at 2 perhaps I was in the first 25 (still doesn't explain the numbering though).
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:10 pm

dskdaniel wrote:
Hmmm.. yeah forgot about that. Well, being there at 2 perhaps I was in the first 25 (still doesn't explain the numbering though).
Yeah I don't get the numbering either. Like I said, I got mine about 15 minutes after they started handing them out and I got 76
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:28 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:
Yeah I don't get the numbering either. Like I said, I got mine about 15 minutes after they started handing them out and I got 76
What number were you on Friday?
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:44 pm

dskdaniel wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:
What number were you on Friday?
I was 71 on Friday, but my voucher card was 90 something
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:23 pm

My voucher says #102.. maybe I'll get #1