Framed Stuff Part 2

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
hawks10
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:05 am

Just framed up a bunch of stuff...

First, cheap $15 frame from Target and an $8 piece of glass from Hobby Lobby...

also done with the same $15 frame and $8 piece of glass:

The next three were done with American Frame, UV reducing non glare, double acid free mat...(kinda dusty)

Image[/img]
ttocs
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:17 am

hillsj2001 wrote:that built to spill atlanta is my favorite print by emek
I was pretty stoked that a friend was able to get it for me for $100 at last year's TRPS. Finally getting all that crap framed. Only have the EODM left to do..
nocode10
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:20 am

[quote="hawks10"]Just framed up a bunch of stuff...

The next three were done with American Frame, UV reducing non glare, double acid free mat...(kinda dusty)
g][

Hey man, all of them look AMAZING!! BTW, I am thinking about trying American Frame out for the first time soon. How happy were you with them? Also, was the putting the frames together process pretty simple?
mcnail
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:04 am

nocode10 wrote:
hawks10 wrote:Just framed up a bunch of stuff...

g][

Hey man, all of them look AMAZING!! BTW, I am thinking about trying American Frame out for the first time soon. How happy were you with them? Also, was the putting the frames together process pretty simple?
AmericanFrame is always amazing. Super easy too.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:14 am

mcnail wrote:AmericanFrame is always amazing. Super easy too.
They do a sloppy job cutting mats when I order. I'm not ordering from them anymore unless I'm only using one mat (because they can't get the offset right, or even) and the print will work with the outside 1/4-inch covered (in case they cut the hole too big again).
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
comical_imbalance
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:49 am

My camera sucks, seriously
I couldn't get the mat colours to show up
3 mats black -> grey -> pink
looks pretty nice in person, the pink is a good match to the birds

Last edited by comical_imbalance on Fri May 02, 2008 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed"
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:20 am

mistersmith wrote:
mcnail wrote:AmericanFrame is always amazing. Super easy too.
They do a sloppy job cutting mats when I order. I'm not ordering from them anymore unless I'm only using one mat (because they can't get the offset right, or even) and the print will work with the outside 1/4-inch covered (in case they cut the hole too big again).
I've always had good luck with AmericanFrame.
redbear
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:59 am

Me too.
djpubbs
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:11 am

hawks...awesome! i think i may do something similar with some of my handbills.

people, also try framesbymail.com...especially on oversized pieces/mats/etc.

back to hawks...are you feeling alright? because that dust looks thick under those handbills...to the point of getting sick! i know there are a ton of men/boys on ebeans, and we aren't the world's greatest dusters/cleaners, but damn! :wink: :shock: :wink:

bottom line: great job on the frames!
iratasan wrote:a wise man once said "you know that you have a problem when you start hanging pictures at door knob height."
hawks10
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:43 am

djpubbs wrote:hawks...awesome! i think i may do something similar with some of my handbills.

people, also try framesbymail.com...especially on oversized pieces/mats/etc.

back to hawks...are you feeling alright? because that dust looks thick under those handbills...to the point of getting sick! i know there are a ton of men/boys on ebeans, and we aren't the world's greatest dusters/cleaners, but damn! :wink: :shock: :wink:

bottom line: great job on the frames!
Haha, in all honesty, I am friggin OCD when it comes to cleanliness...I clean my place atleast twice a week, just can't keep up with the drymounting dust (I leave my windows open all day...maybe that has something to do with it)

Thanks for the kind remarks on the framing :)

Framed a couple more handbills last night, will have pics up shortly
hillsj2001
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:16 pm

hey hawks10...what frame did you use on the emek handbills?...8411 maybe?...that's what i've used in the past and went to order a few more yesterday and couldn't find it on AF...i thought maybe they discontinued it
hawks10
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:18 pm

Here are some more Tool Handbills I just framed...once again using American Frame, UV reducing non glare, acid free mats...I cut the mats myself on these two and it was my first effort at it...not perfect but pretty good IMO considering it was my first attempt:

Group shot with some of the other handbills I posted about earlier...Kraft version on the right side still needs to be matted:

Enjoy!
hawks10
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:19 pm

hillsj2001 wrote:hey hawks10...what frame did you use on the emek handbills?...8411 maybe?...that's what i've used in the past and went to order a few more yesterday and couldn't find it on AF...i thought maybe they discontinued it
Basics black wood...AF-104 if I remember correctly (could be way off on that though)
hillsj2001
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:34 pm

hawks10 wrote:
hillsj2001 wrote:hey hawks10...what frame did you use on the emek handbills?...8411 maybe?...that's what i've used in the past and went to order a few more yesterday and couldn't find it on AF...i thought maybe they discontinued it
Basics black wood...AF-104 if I remember correctly (could be way off on that though)
thanks...thats the other one i was looking at to use
thegig
Art Expert

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Went by the shop yesterday on my day off and cut down some old frames I had lying around the apartment. Here's what I used 'em for: