Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:51 am

bdm105 wrote:
Cheese318 wrote:
Scottjohnston wrote:ILD was great, but i doubt it will get nominated for any acting awards. Maybe best film, director, and music.
Bout to watch that tonight actually. Screener quality so I am looking forward to it. So far my favorite flick this year is Wolf of Wall Street. I thought Leo and Jonah were awesome in the movie. Not sure what everyone else thought but I definitely liked it better than American Hustle. AH was a good movie and I thought Jenifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper were great in that movie.
Haven't seen AH yet but will get around to it soon. So far i was most entertained by Wolf but i think 12 Years a Slave will win over it. I think Gravity will be the one nobody saw coming. Dallas Buyer's Club was also great. Still need to watch Her which is supposed to be very well done as well.

A lot of Oscar competition seemed to have come out of nowhere especially for best actor

American hustle was underwhelming. I was entertained but the movie was disappointing. Not sure why it's receiving as much praise as it is. I don't think it's one of the best of the films of the year.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:58 am

c0bbz wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
c0bbz wrote:Minimum of 5 Best Picture nominees, maximum of ten. So far, all the years that it's been like this have had nine.
The Blind Side :vomit:
... is pretty much Casablanca compared to Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

Good lord does the Academy make some terrible choices.

jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:02 am

c0bbz wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
c0bbz wrote:Minimum of 5 Best Picture nominees, maximum of ten. So far, all the years that it's been like this have had nine.
The Blind Side :vomit:
... is pretty much Casablanca compared to Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

Good lord does the Academy make some terrible choices.
They do, which is why I'm more stoked for this year's crop than the last couple. Some movies I'll still remember fondly 5 years down the line.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:15 am

RambosRemodeler wrote: American hustle was underwhelming. I was entertained but the movie was disappointing. Not sure why it's receiving as much praise as it is. I don't think it's one of the best of the films of the year.
I agree. The movie in general was not as good as others in 2013. Bales performance was great and I hope he at least gets nominated if not wins the oscar for best actor as he really shows his acting chops in the movie.
c0bbz
Art Expert

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:19 am

ELAIC might be my single most hated movie of all time.

I can't think of something that made me close to that physically angry.
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:23 am

c0bbz
Art Expert

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:24 am

Well I can't really hate Max von Sydow...

But everything else... :hanging:
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
seeker1115
Art Expert

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:29 am

ClaytonHopper wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote: American hustle was underwhelming. I was entertained but the movie was disappointing. Not sure why it's receiving as much praise as it is. I don't think it's one of the best of the films of the year.
I agree. The movie in general was not as good as others in 2013. Bales performance was great and I hope he at least gets nominated if not wins the oscar for best actor as he really shows his acting chops in the movie.
It'd be cool, but he's up against Ejoifor and McConaughey. I don't think this is his year for Best Actor.
Woodyland is a kitten
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:35 am

Looking forward to the nominations announcement tomorrow. Hoping Nebraska and All is Lost get shown some love. Same with The Wolf of Wall Street, Inside Llewyn Davis, Her, Blue Jasmine, Rush, and American Hustle (yeah, I liked it :wink: )

Still haven't seen 12 Years a Slave, Short Term 12, Dallas Buyers Club, Before Midnight, or Captain Phillips. I'll be watching them all in coming days.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:56 am

Yeah i'm also excited for the announcement tomorrow. Usually I have seen a few before the announcement and ill watch the rest before oscar night, but i'm pretty sure I haven't seen any films that are going to be nominated this year. So now I have a decent line up of movies I better get watching.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:56 am

ISO Where The Wild Things Are (by Phlegm)
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:04 am

RottenAtom wrote:Looking forward to the nominations announcement tomorrow. Hoping Nebraska and All is Lost get shown some love. Same with The Wolf of Wall Street, Inside Llewyn Davis, Her, Blue Jasmine, Rush, and American Hustle (yeah, I liked it :wink: )

Still haven't seen 12 Years a Slave, Short Term 12, Dallas Buyers Club, Before Midnight, or Captain Phillips. I'll be watching them all in coming days.
I think I liked blue jasmine. Loved cate in it though. Holy fudge she was incredible.
RottenAtom wrote:ISO Where The Wild Things Are (by Phlegm)
:shock: ...... :drool: :drool:

Lets commission it :wink:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 am

Oscar noms are up. Best picture category is American Hustle, Nebraska, 12 Years A Slave, Captain Phillips, Gravity, Her, Dallas Buyers Club, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Philomena
SunflowerSeeds
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:22 am

ISO Ken Taylor Philomena
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:24 am

bmd1191 wrote:Oscar noms are up. Best picture category is American Hustle, Nebraska, 12 Years A Slave, Captain Phillips, Gravity, Her, Dallas Buyers Club, The Wolf of Wall Street, and Philomena
Wolf of Wall St. is the only one I need a poster for