Raiders of the Lost Ark 13 Budich

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
natepachl
Art Expert

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Too bad to see such negative, non-constructive comments on here.
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
drummer7795
Art Expert

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:49 pm

He's come a long way since '08.

FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
bicyclejoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Yay! Art of the Week.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:40 pm

tranito wrote:Would you commission Josh to do movie posters for the SW trilogy?
No, I personally would not commission Budich to do a SW following Stout and Moss. But someone might since Stout and Moss are out of a lot of people's price range.

But Stout and Moss have not done Indiana Jones (Moss' one, early print for Last Crusade does not count in my book because it is not a trilogy, and impossible to get). So commissioning an artist to do a series of prints for a trilogy of movies you love makes sense, especially since you have no idea if or when Stout of Moss will ever tackle Indiana Jones
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:41 pm

natepachl wrote:Too bad to see such negative, non-constructive comments on here.
lul
mtarail
Art Expert

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:45 am

drummer7795 wrote:He's come a long way since '08.

I'm not much of a Budich fan, but my favorite work of his are a few of his pieces from that era. The Cash and Sinatra posters were pretty nice.
natepachl
Art Expert

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:24 am

wonkabars7 wrote:
natepachl wrote:Too bad to see such negative, non-constructive comments on here.
lul
Precisely
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
downtown
Art Expert

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:28 am

-edited for lack of relevant content with apologies & condolences
Last edited by downtown on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they-called-him-flipper
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:01 am

Freaks Unite!
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Kinda cool that the group's commission won AOTW
partpat
Art Freak

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:42 pm

jrsheppa wrote:Kinda cool that the group's commission won AOTW

The commision group is almost all members here so not really suprising.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:54 pm

jrsheppa wrote:Kinda cool that the group's commission won AOTW
i laughed
tlaz
Art Expert

Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:54 pm

tranito wrote:I don't get the need to commission someone (unless he's like your favorite artist or something) to do a piece for a movie you like in such a saturated market where there are so many posters to choose from, much more than we could ever hang. You'll tell me the obvious answer is, like in this example, that there aren't so many Indy posters out there, but isn't it much of the fun left in this (saturated) movie poster collecting game to be hopeful to see one of your favorite artist finally tackle that movie you love?
Why force it through someone like Budich (unless you can't get enough of his stuff and you think no one else does posters like he does)? That leads me to ask, out of everyone involved, how many would have needed this if Mondo had or ever comes to release a trilogy series, runs of 800+ from your favorite (put Stout, Ansin, Taylor whoever you think would do this justice)? It would be better, that's almost a given.

I'm glad for everyone involved it turned out to your expectations. It's just unnecessary to me to dilute even more an already saturated market with unlicensed movie posters from artists who aren't very creative about them. Good on you though if everyone's happy.
Was pretty much going to say exactly this. Right now it seems like this commission club clearly lacks subtlety, creativity or restraint and was quick to get a nut off at the first chance it got. Group-think can be a real bitch. Nothing against Josh, who I am a fan of, or the group. I fully understand the impulse to have everyones favroite movie made into a poster today, but there are SO many artist and subjects out there.
Now there is a guy trying to trade his for a Moss papercut 1/1 or a rare stout? :lol:
When Mondo finally gets around to Indy, I suspect these guys will wish they had got Landrum to do Hobbit or Zhang to do Drexel, or Rich Kelly to do anything with Daniel Day-Lewis. Maybe not.. :drool:
Just my .02
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:00 pm

What does this print have to do with any of those other artists and films? From what I understand, this group is still actively seeking artists and projects so anything you mentioned would still be a possibility.

If people wanted an Indy print by Budich why does anyone care except those that purchased it?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Is something as big as Indiana Jones a possibility for Mondo? Of course. But the point is Mondo HASN'T gotten around to Indy and assuming they will eventually is still just an assumption. Even if/when they do, there are no guarantees on who would be doing it, how many people would do a version, how large the runs would be, whether or not they'd be any good, whether one could score on the drop, etc. And even THEN, if they only do one or two releases, it wouldn't exactly be over-saturation.

As an aside, some artists may or may not want to do certain subjects/movies anyway. Sometimes it's a big name film, sometimes it's not. Just the way it is.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.