Melvins Nirvana Tacoma 90 Loiselle

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:54 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Melvins Nirvana Tacoma 90 Loiselle

ryan_1969

Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:56 pm

artist is ryan loiselle

eb photo is a copy, not an original. the copies were produce by drastic plastic in tacoma wa. there were also blue copies made by drastic plastic at a later date all directly copied from the original.

i'll load a picture of an original copy tonight....... as well as the blue copied version.
benfrith
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:04 pm

i wish i had one of these :(
ryan_1969

Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:08 am

here's a picture i took a long time ago.
del1r1ous
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:04 pm

I don't have an original, yet, but I just picked up one of the official reproductions done by the original artist, Ryan Loiselle. It's a reproduction done to 99.9% of the original, using the same art paste up, same printing press and the same printing company. They are signed and numbered and limited to 100. They are on eBay currently at a great price. He even includes a very nice certificate of authenticity with it.
jellomcmonkeyfish
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:36 pm

del1r1ous wrote:I don't have an original, yet, but I just picked up one of the official reproductions done by the original artist, Ryan Loiselle. It's a reproduction done to 99.9% of the original, using the same art paste up, same printing press and the same printing company. They are signed and numbered and limited to 100. They are on eBay currently at a great price. He even includes a very nice certificate of authenticity with it.

I wanted to add that only 75 originals were printed and most of the ones that have surfaced offered as "originals" are suspicious. Any "originals" being offered should be expected to be in pretty poor condition with a good deal of fading. "This info according to "Machine" drummer John Purkey.
Ryan he said is proud of these posters and was proud to have contributed the artwork. Ryan is described as a bit of a perfectionist and that he has controlled every aspect of the original printing and reprinting process. He could've cut some corners and saved himself a good amount of money having these reprinted but he spared no expense when it came to the reprinting and it did not involve a photocopier.
As explained, he used the same company and printing press as was used to make the originals. He also used the same original yellow paper and same burgundy ink as well. There were exactly 100 of these RP-1's made with no AP's, "test prints" or printers proofs going out the back door. All 100 are signed and numbered copies.
automator
Nobody

Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:36 pm

New image Melvins Nirvana Tacoma 90 Loiselle - RP-1
One of the 10.75x16.75" artist authorized reprint copies.

automator
Nobody

Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:36 pm

New image Melvins Nirvana Tacoma 90 Loiselle - RP-1 Detail
On the 100 s/n reprint copies, the number on the back of the reprint was initialed by the artist, then a picture of that is printed onto the COA.

jellomcmonkeyfish
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:30 pm

"eb photo is a copy, not an original. the copies were produce by drastic plastic in tacoma wa. there were also blue copies made by drastic plastic at a later date all directly copied from the original."

Drastic Plastic is a head shop in the Tacoma area and there's no doubt that a handful of those bootleg copies got passed off as originals. But If anyone's got an ACTUAL original survivor that they know (with certainty) is an original, please post a picture.
automator
Nobody

Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:52 pm

Another picture with the colors adjusted differently.

automator
Nobody

Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:52 pm

New image Melvins Nirvana Tacoma 90 Loiselle - RP-1 COA
COA, signed by artist.

hogie777
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:27 pm

Excerpt from the RP-1 ebay listing:

"This is a limited edition run reprinted from the master original art paste up that printed the flyers in 1990 by Ryan Loiselle. My name is John, Ryan and myself played in Machine. We are doing this auction together. There was originally 75 printed back in 1990 and they were printed from the same art paste up flyer. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY OFFICIAL REPRINT UNTIL NOW. ANY THAT YOU MAY HAVE SEEN MAY NOT BE LEGIT. THE ONLY COLORS EVER PRINTED WAS MAROON ON YELLOW PAPER . This numbered edition from the original has been replicated with the original offset printing press (type) by the same company as the original 1990 run. Produced, signed and numbered by the original artist Ryan loiselle. I personally thought it to be proper for any fan to have an authentic reproduction of the original. These will be numbered to 100. We don't know how many we will be listing on Ebay. Also they will be signed and number stamped on the back of each flyer for authenticity of this reprint. Also included is a letter of authenticity. also the flyer was shown in "Montage of heck"!"

He had some pics of the original flyer in the listing that I uploaded here (currently pending).

I couldn't resist, had to get one of these RP-1s. Pretty sweet flyer
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams” - Willy Wonka
automator
Nobody

Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:49 am

automator
Nobody

Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:49 am

New image Melvins Nirvana Tacoma 90 Loiselle - Original Flyer
original pasted art flyer from 1990 that was the master for all of the flyers for this show

del1r1ous
Art Enthusiast

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:56 am

I talked to John Purkey through eBay and the above comment is incorrect about each CoA being unique. He confirmed that all of the CoAs are identical. Therefore, they all show the example for #2. I have #3 and the CoA shows #2. The only reason they match in the photo above is because that person got #2 as well.

If you have any photo evidence of a CoA that doesn't show #2, please post it here, but this information came straight from John.