Black Friday 2013 - Rumors/News/Wishlist/Sales/Lies

General art-related discussion.
nsd
Art Expert

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:25 pm

With the biggest shopping day of the year coming in just a few short days, I figured it would make sense to create a thread to compile the deal talk. Here is what I have found so far. Please feel free to add to this... ignore it... or boo it into oblivion.

Record Store Day
---
Black Friday promo code for Expresso Beans forum members
from Frame Destination, Inc.

Promo Code: thanksEB
Good for 12% off all products.
Expires 11/25/2013 at midnight
Not valid with other offers
---

Discussed/Rumors: Mondo, Posters and Toys, Mike Mitchell
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
Deadareus
Art Expert

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:34 pm

I've gotta try a Frame Destination order some time.

My biggest fear is choosing the wrong color mats.
nsd
Art Expert

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Deadareus wrote:I've gotta try a Frame Destination order some time.

I believe that deal is over in about 6 hours, just FYI. Not sure if they are doing another for the day or not.
Can be an online release PB when I am not trying to get the piece if I am available. Just ask.
#1 ISO's: (Stout - Signed "Reservoir Dogs", Taylor - "Drive" & Mitchell - Signed "Driver" Portrait)
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Narrow your color choices down and order mat samples from them or you can order a whole set in you use the brand a lot.
fitz
Art Expert

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:58 pm

just watched the South Park black Friday episode - "I'm a sneaky bee bzzz bzzz" :)

we don't really have this event over here though some of the global online retailers like Amazon are starting to introduce it

have fun and stay safe out there!
nsd
Art Expert

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Black friday has changed, especially this year. Deals the week before, price-matching and the day itself happening during Thanksgiving day. Then it gets a follow up "holiday" on Monday... too much.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:01 pm

nsd wrote:Black friday has changed, especially this year. Deals the week before, price-matching and the day itself happening during Thanksgiving day. Then it gets a follow up "holiday" on Monday... too much.
Exactly. And the deals I've seen haven't even really been that great.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:11 pm

Think the OP intended to keep this framing/print/artist related. Screw that retail fudge.

On another note, Josh Budich made a hint today at having a black friday sale.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
nsd
Art Expert

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Since we don't have any cold hard facts yet. Would anyone be willing to shed some light on what to expect in general? Meaning:

Will sites/artists have new stuff with full runs?
Will it just be odds and ends of remaining inventory?

Will it be an all day thing?
Random time? Certain time?

Normal or BLOWOUT ZOMG pricing?

Obviously nobody can predict the future but I am curious to how it might work based on years past.
nsd
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:08 am

NerdLocker has teased a black friday giveaway. Not sure if it is poster/art related but they posted here.
deadpool94
Art Enthusiast

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:27 am

Nerdlocker will have lots of posters to give away! Plus comics, t-shirts and toys! Stay tuned for details.
Jim Palmquist,
Co-Creator
Nerdlocker
www.nerdlocker.com
nsd
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:34 am

30% off at Gallery1988 off "most gallery inventory" and new items including Mike Mitchell's JLU coasters.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:10 am

nsd wrote:30% off at Gallery1988 off "most gallery inventory" and new items including Mike Mitchell's JLU coasters.
814.jpg
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
whiskaz
Art Expert

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:37 am

nsd wrote:

I believe that deal is over in about 6 hours, just FYI. Not sure if they are doing another for the day or not.
Still works. I assume they meant tonight at midnight. Thanks for the heads up. I've ordered quite a few kits from FD. Their selection of acid-free mat colors is kind of slim but I've been pleased with the outcome of my projects...

http://i.imgur.com/ZM1Njc4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sLJewkG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5itqP3G.jpg

They do a helluva job packing and ship pretty quick.
secondratehero
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Joshua budich back Friday email :

I'll keep it short and sweet... My Star Wars - A New Hope prints, "We're Doomed!" are now sold out over at Art V Cancer, so a huge thanks to everyone who snagged one for such a great cause. That being said, I'm dropping my Artist Proofs (APs) this coming Friday, at 12-noon EST, on my site at, www.joshuabudich.com/store. They'll be $60 each + shipping.

ALSO... Along with reduced prices on many of my older, more seasoned prints, I may sneak in a few other prints that have since sold out, or even some new ones throughout the day. So, be on the look out!