g1988 Set 08 Im Hultberg

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
choke
Art Expert

Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:36 pm

Also, someone on another board said they bought 2 sets last night at the opening and got nada. So if they had 50 chases and 25 sketch chases, 75 totals, you'd think they'd not run out so fast. Maybe it was random last night and you need to go play the lottery ASAP. lol
g1988
New User

Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:52 pm

First post on EB for us...but can't let this craziness go on too long. The chases and drawings are all put in random set envelopes then numbered, so we don't even know what numbers contain what. Not to mention we didn't even see one person pull a chase or original drawing pulled that night in the gallery, and some people just put their hand in a box and chose. Not sure what our motivation would be to give away all the chases and drawings to people who attend an opening, as we have 500 sets to sell - and most of set sales are all over the world, but message boards are always pretty creative.

Jensen
G1988: LA
sabotage
Art Expert

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:02 am

dude, MisterSmith, sounds like they are calling you out! :D
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:20 am

Hey, then, I was wrong. I always said it was a hypothetical.

...but they did tell some dude on EB, over the phone, that all the bonus sets were sold. Maybe he misheard, maybe the gallery rep wasn't sure what he was asking, I dunno. The "motivation" would be to thank attendees, or to get people back into the gallery - anybody can place a phone order, but not everyone can make an opening crowded. And nobody picked the envelopes themselves, not for the time that I was there, they were kept in the back room and some dude with a baseball hat went and got them while you paid.

Either way, I have no reason to think g1988 was trying to pull a fast one, or being weird about the sale, I just thought it was way too lucky to pull two in two sets and made a barely-informed guess. g1988 always puts on a first-class show, and I'd be stoked about the show and this print set even if they'd been sold out when I got there. Hell, the only reason I didn't buy an original is because everything I like was red-dotted when I got there.

Sorry if I insinuated g1988 wasn't above board, sorry if I'm some crappy hype machine spreading untruths over the intertubes.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
02onthebrain
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:05 am

The gallery rep who took my order on saturday said they were out of the sets with the chase print. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, he kept asking someone else about the prints. Hopefully my set will have the chase print, will let you all know. Glad the gallery cleared this up and posted on this forum, awesome.
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:03 am

Ordered mine last week and it arrived today... with one of the sketched originals!

The giclees are amazing too. Thanks again g1988. Always happy when I order from them.
comical_imbalance
Art Expert

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:34 am

pjposters3 wrote:Ordered mine last week and it arrived today... with one of the sketched originals!

The giclees are amazing too. Thanks again g1988. Always happy when I order from them.
pic of the sketch please?
my set should be en route to Australia already.
not holding my breath, but waiting to see if I score any bonuses.
"Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed"
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:55 am

pjposters3 wrote:Ordered mine last week and it arrived today... with one of the sketched originals!
Very cool - post a pic!
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
marshhouse
Art Expert

Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:48 am

g1988 wrote:but message boards are always pretty creative.
Oh, how true this is.

I ordered from Irma. She was very nice and helpful. She actually held onto a campbell Pac-Man print for a tad longer than she said she would. And thank God cause I forgot about it till I was cleaning out emails a week or so later.
Bacon is love.
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:06 am

mistersmith wrote:
Very cool - post a pic!
Sorry - phone camera's all I've got right now.

corlo76
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:24 am

Just received my mini print set yesterday and I too received one of the hand drawn pieces. Thanks a lot G1988 & Stella!

jodeci78
Art Expert

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:53 am

nice set of prints, but what's the point of having a 'chase' print other than to pander to a collector? I'd be a bit mad that I didn't get the full set... and artistically, what's the point?
palehighway

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:21 am

edit
Last edited by palehighway on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jodeci78
Art Expert

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:59 am

palehighway wrote:
jodeci78 wrote:nice set of prints, but what's the point of having a 'chase' print other than to pander to a collector? I'd be a bit mad that I didn't get the full set... and artistically, what's the point?

it's called doing something nice for people.
a set with all five prints and a chance at getting a sketch is doing something nice... having a chase print is not nice.
palehighway

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:12 am

edit
Last edited by palehighway on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.