All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
antiyou
Art Expert

Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:50 pm

maddog76 wrote:
antiyou wrote:As of today, my renew membership option lapsed. On one hand I'm somewhat distressed; I had a good number. On the other hand, I got older, they got older. The records don't do it for me anymore, the faster live versions don't do it anymore. The lottery system was the last straw from a fan club that has become what it is...
Rather than bitterly continuing to pay fees for awful Xmas singles that can't seem to ever arrive in a timely fashion and some drymounting recipe filled fan masturbatory waste of paper, I will let another benefit from my number.
Weird day...
idiot.
Constructive. I suppose blind allegiance to mediocre music and vapid consumerism is a smarter plan? Did you type that on your phone from the outside merch tent 3 days before a show?
timus319
Art Enthusiast

Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Where the drymount was the Variant!!!!?? Never saw one, and still haven't seen a pic anywhere!!
greedy21
Art Expert

Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:59 pm

timus319 wrote:Where the drymount was the Variant!!!!?? Never saw one, and still haven't seen a pic anywhere!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-Hallo ... 158wt_1399
timus319
Art Enthusiast

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Was the AP a variant?.... I'm confused as drymount all with this sale!! Normal bullshit (Well, normal for Ames the last 2 years), with a night of drop.. But "VooDoo Time" (?) was 1:30am, 1:31 maybe.. I had the site up for hours on a tab and just kept checking and refreshing leading up to 12:30am until it finally went to add cart, and there was never a Variant from what I saw....? Nor even a mention of one.. During the on sale or in the email announcement?...

Am I losing it?... :oops: , can someone post a pic of the variant?... I'm bugging on this one..
timus319
Art Enthusiast

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:12 pm

greedy21 wrote:
timus319 wrote:Where the drymount was the Variant!!!!?? Never saw one, and still haven't seen a pic anywhere!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-Hallo ... 158wt_1399

OMG!!!! drymount me!

Anyone score and wanna deal with me?....... All Saints Day is a NEED for me! Collection & Trades, check it out... Send offers. 8)
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:39 pm

pulling69 wrote:Can we get the newer posters added to the system here? Seems we are a few behind.
ANYONE can make a submission of a new poster/print/art - the staff can then approve. But if none of us (the staff) are on a self-motivated mission mission to get them up, then any new poster/print tends to wait until a user takes the time to do it...
Tra la la la la...
pewter14
EB Team

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:47 pm

I usually do try and keep up with the Pearl Jam tour and get them posted up but it was a crazy week.

The big problem I've been having this tour is that the initial pics have been terrible/unusable or, watermarked pics from Inside the Rock Poster Frame.

So, if people find good pics of these, post them here, or as Yamar says, Follow along with the HOW TO ADD ART TO THE EB DATABASE WIKI
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Vedderman23
Art Expert

Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Just added Cooper's Baltimore print, was waiting for a jpg to surface...
maddog76
Flipper

Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:56 pm

antiyou wrote:
maddog76 wrote:
antiyou wrote:As of today, my renew membership option lapsed. On one hand I'm somewhat distressed; I had a good number. On the other hand, I got older, they got older. The records don't do it for me anymore, the faster live versions don't do it anymore. The lottery system was the last straw from a fan club that has become what it is...
Rather than bitterly continuing to pay fees for awful Xmas singles that can't seem to ever arrive in a timely fashion and some drymounting recipe filled fan masturbatory waste of paper, I will let another benefit from my number.
Weird day...
idiot.
Constructive. I suppose blind allegiance to mediocre music and vapid consumerism is a smarter plan? Did you type that on your phone from the outside merch tent 3 days before a show?
hahah, when you tell me that $20 a year is not worth kick ass reserved seats, because of "mediocre music", well your not really a PJ fan then are you.
kansasbbq
Art God

Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Any idea who's doing the poster for Dallas?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
HopeThatUChoke
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:37 pm

maddog76 wrote: hahah, when you tell me that $20 a year is not worth kick ass reserved seats, because of "mediocre music", well your not really a PJ fan then are you.
If you can even get tickets. The lottery sucks. Too many people "won" tickets to multiple shows while others didn't get a single show.

Their justification for the price of membership doubling a few years ago was to invest in new servers to handle the ticket on-sale fiascos. Rather than do that, they threw in the towel because of sabotage (LOL) and instead, they switched to a lottery that costs them nothing and pocketed the extra cash.

I have never seen a more poorly run and fan unfriendly business than the 10c. They take the fans for granted and who can blame them when half the fan base are sheep who defend their every move. The $20/$40 membership dues are nothing more than a service charge for the privilege of entering a lottery to buy tickets.
antiyou
Art Expert

Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:22 pm

HopeThatUChoke wrote:
maddog76 wrote: hahah, when you tell me that $20 a year is not worth kick ass reserved seats, because of "mediocre music", well your not really a PJ fan then are you.
If you can even get tickets. The lottery sucks. Too many people "won" tickets to multiple shows while others didn't get a single show.

Their justification for the price of membership doubling a few years ago was to invest in new servers to handle the ticket on-sale fiascos. Rather than do that, they threw in the towel because of sabotage (LOL) and instead, they switched to a lottery that costs them nothing and pocketed the extra cash.

I have never seen a more poorly run and fan unfriendly business than the 10c. They take the fans for granted and who can blame them when half the fan base are sheep who defend their every move. The $20/$40 membership dues are nothing more than a service charge for the privilege of entering a lottery to buy tickets.
That and so much more.
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:27 pm

antiyou wrote:
HopeThatUChoke wrote:

That and so much more.
smm24339
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:54 pm

kansasbbq wrote:Any idea who's doing the poster for Dallas?

No, I have not. Any word?
maddog76
Flipper

Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:08 pm

HopeThatUChoke wrote:

$20 is worth GA seats to my home town show, just saying.